JCs Dad again

Advertisement
Andrew Spivey ‏@AndrewSpiveyGC 7m
JC Jackson will NOT visit anywhere this weekend says his dad, Jackson and his family are going suit shopping for NSD on Saturday instead.

Advertisement
He may be a coach for the turds, but T-Rob is a good dude. I've known him since middle school glad to see he is doing well. He almost comitted to Butch back in the day, but Auburn told him he'd start day 1. It seems he relates pretty well too with all the local kids.

Advertisement
can someone from here just flood this dude's Twitter with Pictures of EDGE.

Lets get it rollin...

561.jpg
Edge and Javaris @ Immokalee

562.jpg

Advertisement
-JC visited Saturday and it was more time for both sides to just get more familiar. “It was a good visit,” Jackson’s father Chris said. “They are always good visits. Miami showed a lot of love and just told him that they really need corners and that he is their guy.”

- UM is showing a lot of interest and have sent the most assistants to see him. “Miami probably shows the most attention right now,” Chris Jackson said. “J.C. does appreciate that. Miami does a good job of showing how much they want him.”

- He believes its a 2 team race with UF and UM and doesn't think JC will go to FSU next week. “I think he is down to two schools right now with Florida and Miami,” Jackson said. “Florida State is going to try to get him on a visit, but I don’t know if that is going to happen. We will see.”

- If he doesn't go then AG will be there next Saturday. “Coach Golden and Miami are playing their cards right,” Jackson said. “They want to get that last word in before signing day if they can.”

- On the UF front some good and bad news. Good? Jackson has concerns about the future of Muschamp. Bad? He has maybe the closest relationship with T-Rob. “He is closest with T-Rob of all the coaches,” Jackson said. “He just has to make the best business decision for him.”

- He's announcing on NSD. “He can’t go wrong with whatever decision he makes,” Jackson said. “We are going to support him no matter what school he decides on. It is going to totally be his decision in the end.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/CB-Jackson-Visits-Miami-Again-173556

Remember kid, Father knows best... Listen to the ol' man!!! MIAMI

It's amazing to me, reading quotes from parent after parent, how hands-off they are in leaving the decision to a 17-18 year old. It's always "his decision in the end." That simply amazes me.

When I was the same age, parents were much more involved in making a decision and often had a decisive role--they would often veto a preference by the kid.

Please don't say kids are more worldly and more mature now, they are not, and they don't have any better judgment as 17 years old than we did. When I chose between two colleges (and I was not an athlete), my father made the final decision after talking to a parent of a student at one of the schools. It was a decision that I agreed with, so it did not lead to any disagreements with the parents.

Now, maybe in this situation, if J.C.'s father did not like one of the two finalists, it would not be a finalist. Maybe J.C. has ended up considering two schools he likes and that his parents like. Still, in other situations, it seems the parents are just deferring entirely to the kid. I would not do that as a parent.

I'm not criticizing J.C.'s parents, but in other situations I see an even more laissez faire attitude from parents who leave the decision entirely up to the kid. I find that somewhat hard to understand.

Sounds like a cane to me...doubt he reannounces for GATA.

Dad must be tight with Edge or something. Seems like he's steering cuz our way.

Sorry, I don't pay attention to who the coaches are.

Edgerrin James is coaching HS football? That guy must be a multi-millionaire. Why is he coaching kids?

Really? Coaching is f'n awesome. I love it. If I won the lottery today, I line myself up to attend UM, get a degree, and start teaching PE and coaching HS ball. Hopefully end up like Pruitt and Malzahn.

A friend's son went from not getting his playing contract renewed with an NFL team, to being a volunteer at a HS for one year, to a position on Pete Carroll's staff, where he is today. That's the fastest rise I've ever seen. It's only a junior,entry level coaching position, but it's an NFL staff, and a SuperBowl staff, at that.

Advertisement
Stable father figures seem to be our best ally when it comes to these kids. Single mothers seem more likely to fall prey to parasitic coaches, opportunistic street agents, and conniving coaches. Does this have any validity or is it a vast generalization??

I'm wondering if kids are more liable to blow off their mothers, like Alex Collins did.

Sounds like a cane to me...doubt he reannounces for GATA.

Dad must be tight with Edge or something. Seems like he's steering cuz our way.

Sorry, I don't pay attention to who the coaches are.

Edgerrin James is coaching HS football? That guy must be a multi-millionaire. Why is he coaching kids?

Really? Coaching is f'n awesome. I love it. If I won the lottery today, I line myself up to attend UM, get a degree, and start teaching PE and coaching HS ball. Hopefully end up like Pruitt and Malzahn.

Coaching kids is an awesome experience...I do it at the jr. high level and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

"Business decision" and Miami in a favorable combo. Never seen that one.

We gotta pay too plain n simple, glad the staff does, now go get Tv

I did hear something recently that leads me to believe the issue with TV has nothing to do with what we've all been thinking. The key here is getting him on campus, and the key person will not be the coaches, but it will be Donna. I was going all out on Genron, thinking he delivered TV, that it was money, etc. I think it's still something that will depend on Donna and how she lays out academic support. That will be key. I trust my source.

Andrew Spivey ‏@AndrewSpiveyGC 7m
JC Jackson will NOT visit anywhere this weekend says his dad, Jackson and his family are going suit shopping for NSD on Saturday instead.

Funny because the only name on the prospect list at my hotel that had any note on it about possible changes was Lane's. That could mean # of rooms or beds tho. Also whereas the other prospects name list Mr and Mrs (Last name of prospect) in the area for who they are bringing Lane's and Jacksons listed "Jackson Family" or "Lane Family" which lead me to believe that they had handlers bringing them.

Advertisement
Back