Jaylin Alderman LB from Louisville

Blaming Spider-Man GIF
Yep lol didn't see your response before I had to go in on him.

Jags and nobodies that started and were all conference at their prior stop. You think Mario's recruiting classes are dipping at a high rate and not doing anything on the field? Look at FSU's 2020-2022 classes.

Advertisement
You know that's not the complaint. Stop deflecting.

This type of move in year 3 seems like it should be unnecessary. Very first time coach (Manny Diaz) type vibes for a man we invested over 100 million in to come fix the "amateur hour" problem.
Huh? Do you realize every school is using the transfer portal...Saban himself used it to fill holes...it doesn't matter where the talent comes from are you still stuck in 2016??? this is the world of college football in 2024

We don't need a LB transfer. CB and DT yes, maybe a C or LG on offense to go with a RB. Let our young LBs eat and use the scholly numbers where we need them.
I hear you on the need aspect, but if the guy who is perceived as our best recruiter as of late in Nicholson, and recruited this young core (or at least helped), is advocating that this guy needs to be brought in, wouldn't that settle the question of whether it is worth it or not?

If we go back to the fall transfer window, would you rather we take this kid or Marley cook because DT is a position of need?

Improving the talent across the roster is the only thing that should matter.

You know that's not the complaint. Stop deflecting.

This type of move in year 3 seems like it should be unnecessary. Very first time coach (Manny Diaz) type vibes for a man we invested over 100 million in to come fix the "amateur hour" problem.

Counterpoint: Let's say Mario killed it the last 3 years recruiting. Three years in a row recruiting over 20 (per class) so-called 4 and 5 star talent, across the board.
How many of these players will stick around after year 3?
And of those players leaving, were all of these JAGs or were at least some of them talented prospects not happy with PT and/or their share of NIL?
My point being that this is the sign of the times.
This is not 1983 where UM had something like 60 something (mostly talented) frosh and sophomore
football players on the roster.
If that team was on this current landscape, how many of those talented players would have remained for the very talented 1985-1987 teams?
So this issue with having to go hard on the Transfer Portal is today's reality, for better or worse.
The coaches who embrace it will be the ones to succeed.
(In a way, it reminds me of the coaches or programs who had reluctance with integrating their rosters during the 1960s and 1970s. Until integrated teams started whooping on them).

Last edited:
Counterpoint: Let's say Mario killed it the last 3 years recruiting. Three years in a row recruiting over 20 (per class) so-called 4 and 5 star talent, across the board.
How many of these players will stick around after year 3?
And of those players leaving, were all of these JAGs or were at least some of them talented prospects not happy with PT and/or their share of NIL?
My point being that this is the sign of the times.
This is not 1983 where UM had something like 60 something (mostly talented) frosh and sophomore
football players on the roster.
If that team was on this current landscape, how many of those talented players would have remained for the very talented 1985-1987 teams?
So this issue with having to go hard on the Transfer Portal is today's reality, for better or worse.
The coaches who embrace it will be the ones to succeed.
(In a way, it reminds me of the coaches or programs who had reluctance with integrating their rosters during the 1960s and 1970s. Until integrated teams started whooping on them).
I'm not anti-portal. I just don't think we've used it to our advantage like other teams (FSU, :sick: etc) have... and yet the young recruits we've signed instead aren't sticking. I get building the culture the right way. I just think we could've won more during the process if we did a few easy things better. Portal being one of them.

Advertisement
Huh? Do you realize every school is using the transfer portal...Saban himself used it to fill holes...it doesn't matter where the talent comes from are you still stuck in 2016??? this is the world of college football in 2024
I'm saying having to rely on a JAG (Corey Flagg'ish) in year 3 seems like we aren't making progress quick enough.

Theres the necessary deadweight to cut. whether the staff cuts it or not remains to be seen.

Zion, Denis, Redding, Gore, Balom, Freeney, Chase Smith. Kirk can also leave since we are brining in Brown and he has like 2 years left to play somewhere
I'd keep Freeney. Rest can go

Advertisement
Valid questions. But also Mario has to show something in year 3 and he knows it. Hence the all out push for Ward, Martinez, and adding more portal depth.
For me he has to show two things:
1- Can he take a knee?
2- Do not intervene in Dawson play calling.

Anything else is gravy!

Advertisement
At some point yall gotta get with the program. THIS is how talent acquisition is going now. Kids will move around. & it’s up to any staff to take advantage of this to add to your roster proven guys..or would y’all rather be take the Dabo Approach

Given how we’ve seen Nicholson (with help from Charlie Strong) has done to the position group, if he wants to trade schollys, he’s earned that right.

I do wonder what this means for either Smith or Washington, both of whom I loved coming out of high school. Smith finally seems to be getting back to his former self. The program has invested in his rehab for a long time. And Bobby is a freak of nature athletically who I will feel like we failed if he portals out. Or maybe Pulliam is the one affected? Crazy times!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back