Jaylen Knighton reminds me

Advertisement
Slowest fast guys on the field...”sneaky slow” as a great man RIP keeprollin once coined the term.

Straight line speed is great but no vision and no shiftiness...maybe to fast to juke or something.

Both fall down if a tackler gets a fingertip on them.

Both are great pass blockers which to me is Knighton’s best asset
Horrible analysis. “Sneaky slow”?

Drop the crack pipe.

Knighton is not Cook. Calvin was a generational talent with size, strength, vision and world class speed. RB’s like him are few and far between.

Rooster is very fast, and very shifty, specially in open space. Have you even seen him play?

To say he has no “vision” or “shiftiness” is asinine, and makes you look dumb.

The running plays that are called by Lashlee do not do him or our other backs any favors, and even Cook would have a hard time looking good behind the trash OL that we’ve had the last few years.

Objectivity is key when trying to give reasonable and honest takes on a player’s abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.

He is physically not there yet.. still looks like a high schooler.
But with proper development, he could be a first rounder in 2 to 3 years.

Advertisement
Knighton is who i comped him too when we signed him....Duke Johnson.

He needs more weightroom but similar player..smaler guy that wants to mix it up but dangerous in the open field with cuts. Duke has better hands though. But Knighton is very similar....I odnt really see Dalvin type here.

Duke had much better balance in my opinion and the stiff arm helped him finish runs a lot better.

Athletically they are similar but Duke was way more skilled of a runner from the jump. Duke had a way better offensive line though so who knows what Knighton would look like in the same situation.

Change of direction and Cuts ….Yes…. Speed …. Yes… Power… No. he is our most electrifying back since Duke tho
Nitpicking here, but he does run straight into tackles sometimes. But he has been a jolt to the offense. gives the Canes an element out of the backfield they havent had since Duke.

Nitpicking here, but he does run straight into tackles sometimes. But he has been a jolt to the offense. gives the Canes an element out of the backfield they havent had since Duke.
Agree! If he gets free… look out!!

Advertisement
Why can’t we have reasonable takes on here?

Can’t he be fast and talented, but not be compared to a generational RB like DC?

On the flip side, just because he’s not Cook doesn’t mean he automatically sucks. I’d like to see any of you jabronies criticizing this kid trying to run behind that abomination of an OL, with our OC calling the same read zone play over and over.

Horrible analysis. “Sneaky slow”?

Drop the crack pipe.

Knighton is not Cook. Calvin was a generational talent with size, strength, vision and world class speed. RB’s like him are few and far between.

Rooster is very fast, and very shifty, specially in open space. Have you even seen him play?

To say he has no “vision” or “shiftiness” is asinine, and makes you look dumb.

The running plays that are called by Lashlee do not do him or our other backs any favors, and even Cook would have a hard time looking good behind the trash OL that we’ve had the last few years.

Objectivity is key when trying to give reasonable and honest takes on a player’s abilities, strengths, and weaknesses.
I honestly feel you’re thinking of his hype as a recruit versus reality on the college field

I honestly feel you’re thinking of his hype as a recruit versus reality on the college field
What reality on the football field? He was injured midway through his FR season, and just played his second game during his sophomore season.

As Inday stated, he is averaging 162 total yards in those two games, with 2 touchdowns, all while running behind a horrible run blocking OL, and an OC with one running play, which plays directly opposite to the kid’s strengths.

As I stated earlier, objectivity and common sense are vital when formulating an argument for or against.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What reality on the football field? He was injured midway through his FR season, and just played his second game during his sophomore season.

As Inday stated, he is averaging 162 total yards in those two games, with 2 touchdowns, all while running behind a horrible run blocking OL, and an OC with one running play, which plays directly opposite to the kid’s strengths.

As I stated earlier, objectivity and common sense are vital when formulating an argument for or against.

Actually I think I’ve been a **** and too harsh on the kid..guess that was my initial reaction to the idiotic comparison to Dalvin Cook.

That being said, my biggest issue with Knighton is that he is not shifty at all and has shown zero ability to break tackles. He has had two nice long receiving TDs in two games, and on one of those he actually made a man miss for I believe the first time in his career. The dude just seems to Lack vision and I feel he only has good straight line speed.

Hope I’m wrong in the end

Advertisement
Back