Jaylen Knighton reminds me

Advertisement
Lol….

A lotta feel good, delusional threads going, I see.
1635123032510.gif

Advertisement
He’s not Dalvin Cook. He’s also not Graig Cooper. He’s a young player who’s 1.5 games into being the lead back, and is averaging 165 ypg with 2 TDs in each. He’s the most exciting offensive player we have right now, and if he keeps those numbers up he’s going to be considered an elite player that teams must account for at all times.

The problem isn’t that the entire fan base does crack, its that the ones who do crack tweak all over the board and half of y’all say “that guy looks like he knows what he’s talking about”.
@JBCanes-NC resents the implication that the board members who do crack get all the attention. He cooks illegal meth in his trailer without power (it’s a miracle, I know). @Ecush and @Dr.L.ThugU can confirm.

Anyway, he says meth is far superior to crack. Especially when you’re a handle of Popov deep, as he is every day.

Actually I think I’ve been a **** and too harsh on the kid..guess that was my initial reaction to the idiotic comparison to Dalvin Cook.

That being said, my biggest issue with Knighton is that he is not shifty at all and has shown zero ability to break tackles. He has had two nice long receiving TDs in two games, and on one of those he actually made a man miss for I believe the first time in his career. The dude just seems to Lack vision and I feel he only has good straight line speed.

Hope I’m wrong in the end
That’s more of a fair take, in my opinion.

I still disagree on the shiftiness part. I think that he runs really hard for a kid his size, and is tough.

I only wish that we could see what he can do with a competent coaching staff and OC. I guarantee you that he could be extremely dangerous if used correctly. But unfortunately I don’t think we will see his full potential be reached under the current regime.

Frankly, it’s miraculous that he’s looked as good as he has with the lack of holes to run through.

That’s more of a fair take, in my opinion.

I still disagree on the shiftiness part. I think that he runs really hard for a kid his size, and is tough.

I only wish that we could see what he can do with a competent coaching staff and OC. I guarantee you that he could be extremely dangerous if used correctly. But unfortunately I don’t think we will see his full potential be reached under the current regime.

Frankly, it’s miraculous that he’s looked as good as he has with the lack of holes to run through.

Lol it is pretty ugly seeing him get the ball and run with this OL.

Lashlee at least has swung him out for some nice passes and open field to make something happen. Let’s see what happens in the Pitt game and the rest of the season. Definitely need him to stay healthy if we want to win some more games

Advertisement
Actually I think I’ve been a **** and too harsh on the kid..guess that was my initial reaction to the idiotic comparison to Dalvin Cook.

That being said, my biggest issue with Knighton is that he is not shifty at all and has shown zero ability to break tackles. He has had two nice long receiving TDs in two games, and on one of those he actually made a man miss for I believe the first time in his career. The dude just seems to Lack vision and I feel he only has good straight line speed.

Hope I’m wrong in the end
I've read through all these comps and it's pretty comical.

Your analysis is harsh - but also fair & accurate. I'm seeing a lot of the same things you're seeing.

IMO - His speed his very obvious, and his lack of size/power is also very obvious. The shiftiness is what's throwing people off. He's shifty on just enough plays so that you know he has it, and it teases you, but he doesn't use it near enough for him to be effective.

This is a classic "actual production" vs "potential" debate. IMO it mirrors the same debate that took place with Yearby, Walton & Cam.

I've read through all these comps and it's pretty comical.

Your analysis is harsh - but also fair & accurate. I'm seeing a lot of the same things you're seeing.

IMO - His speed his very obvious, and his lack of size/power is also very obvious. The shiftiness is what's throwing people off. He's shifty on just enough plays so that you know he has it, and it teases you, but he doesn't use it near enough for him to be effective.

This is a classic "actual production" vs "potential" debate. IMO it mirrors the same debate that took place with Yearby, Walton & Cam.
Yeah...I’d like to see one of the CIS YouTube guys put some of Knighton’s runs up to show the runs we are seeing.

Jaylon Knighton is similar to Travis Ettiene in the way that he runs except with better hands. Dalvin Cook, he is not.

Yeah...I’d like to see one of the CIS YouTube guys put some of Knighton’s runs up to show the runs we are seeing.

Me too.

I'd say he best place to start is to watch Knighton's kick-off returns from last year. He had 5 of them, and on all 5 he just runs straight forward into defenders. Doesn't even try to make a move. When you see his tendency to do this with 15-20 yds of open field, it removes some of the "it's the scheme" narrative (which is contributing some) - and you see that's just his tendency on runs as well, and it makes more sense.

Now - I think he "can" change direction more often to make better plays/bigger runs, the question is "will" he? Time will tell, and I hope that switch flips, but it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe. I was thinking more of a cross between Earl Campbell and Jim Brown.
Not only that, I was sneaking around the Hecht bathrooms the other day. Jaylan was in the stall next to mine. He was humming some Bonnie Raitt song and his voice was like a combination of Fergie and Jesus Christ.

Advertisement
Back