Jaylen Harrell (DE/OLB from Tampa)

Advertisement

so um... yeah this kid looks elite, no idea why he’s rated a low 4 star. Should be a top 125 type of player. Kid plays with a **** of a motor

Really don't get the hype far from elite. Watch the traits not the results in highschool and he is not a very fluid or explosive athlete. No where near the level athletically of a Height and just doesn't have the bend, fluidity or explosiveness to be that good of a pass rusher unless he becomes amazing with his hand usage

Really don't get the hype far from elite. Watch the traits not the results in highschool and he is not a very fluid or explosive athlete. No where near the level athletically of a Height and just doesn't have the bend, fluidity or explosiveness to be that good of a pass rusher unless he becomes amazing with his hand usage
Vehemently Disagree, this kid is 6’5 250 moving the way he does, he’s more fluid than romello height imo(I like Height a lot as well).

Vehemently Disagree, this kid is 6’5 250 moving the way he does, he’s more fluid than romello height imo(I like Height a lot as well).
I’m gonna have to disagree on this one. He looks kinda stiff. When he gets down hill he’s impressive and he carries 250 so well that’s it’s definitely enticing. However I don’t know if I’d trade in any of our DE commits for him. Chants Williams, Romello height and Quentin Williams all probably have higher ceilings although they might have lower floors right now. However if we take a fourth end I’d love to have this guy. I think Elijah Roberts should be put in the same program as our 3 freshmen D tackles and just focus his development at DT because although he’s an end now I think he will outgrow that so maybe taking another end is not such a bad idea.

I’m gonna have to disagree on this one. He looks kinda stiff. When he gets down hill he’s impressive and he carries 250 so well that’s it’s definitely enticing. However I don’t know if I’d trade in any of our DE commits for him. Chants Williams, Romello height and Quentin Williams all probably have higher ceilings although they might have lower floors right now. However if we take a fourth end I’d love to have this guy. I think Elijah Roberts should be put in the same program as our 3 freshmen D tackles and just focus his development at DT because although he’s an end now I think he will outgrow that so maybe taking another end is not such a bad idea.
Joe Jackson looked stiff and was but look how productive he was. If You put most dline type of players at linebacker they are going to look like that at times. Regardless this kid plays all over the field and is an athlete. Hope we get him

Advertisement
Joe Jackson looked stiff and was but look how productive he was. If You put most dline type of players at linebackers they are going to look like that at times.
Joe Jackson was always stiff. He’s still stiff now. I think that’s a good comparison. I’d take a joe Jackson but I think the 3 guys we have committed have more potential than even a joe Jackson did. I’m not saying they’ll be joe Jackson but as good as we think Jackson was he was still a late round pick for a reason. Just never developed many pass rushing moves because he wasn’t very twitchy.

Joe Jackson looked stiff and was but look how productive he was. If You put most dline type of players at linebacker they are going to look like that at times. Regardless this kid plays all over the field and is an athlete. Hope we get him
I think Joe Jackson was more an anomaly than the norm. If you are going to be stiff like that then you have to have a go to move that is unblockable and Joe Jack had a very good rip around the edge but still that's not a guy that was winning against upper tier OTs that often. Athletic edge defenders are much more often going to be hits and if you can't develop that it's on the coach but better that way then guys that have already nearly reached their ceiling and don't have elite traits. I think Height has some elite traits just want him to fix his stance more than anything to be more explosive off the ball because he has very good fluidity and bend especially at his size

This defensive end class is gonna be lethal with or without this kid. If we do land him we have 4 guys who can be absolute savages on the edge

I want him for the simple fact his flexability. He's a kid that might not need to shirt and would allow for a guy like Height to shirt. I think he can run down on specials for us right now. He has the dip move already as well.

Elijah Roberts will be a 3 tech here, and if any thing makes sense they play Willie Moise on the OL.

Advertisement
I want him for the simple fact his flexability. He's a kid that might not need to shirt and would allow for a guy like Height to shirt. I think he can run down on specials for us right now. He has the dip move already as well.

Elijah Roberts will be a 3 tech here, and if any thing makes sense they play Willie Moise on the OL.

@gogeta4 Thoughts on Moise on the OL?

Great Technique....Body you want an OL to have coming in...Physical in the run game. I like him as an OL honestly. Not sure if he asked specifically to play DL here...but if he were to play OL it wouldnt be no problem and i believe he would take reps froms ome guys here already with work
I heard he wants DL which is why we are gonna let him play there at least to start out.

Advertisement
Of course he's a take. You can never have enough good pass rushers. Edge guys have been trending up for what seems like a while now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back