Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

i dont care what is said....we havent got a deerfield kid since Crudup and i was like a freshman in high school.

Take it however ya want...but it isnt a um friendly school regardless if we are winning or not..whatever...the next commit will be the 1st commit. Until then...keep going aftger kids that have real interest in coming here

Advertisement
Ya this is what I said...I could see how Richt would have thought this. I mean the man is a former Cane and NFL star who coached at a powerhouse Broward HS (and the Broward youth programs). Weird how he isn't a plug and some of these more loudmouth types are...But agree, that was Richt's plan, and it didn't work. He wasn't able to even land his own dbs and he's a former DB!
Ya this is what I said...I could see how Richt would have thought this. I mean the man is a former Cane and NFL star who coached at a powerhouse Broward HS (and the Broward youth programs). Weird how he isn't a plug and some of these more loudmouth types are...But agree, that was Richt's plan, and it didn't work. He wasn't able to even land his own dbs and he's a former DB!

Because he pretty much coached out at West Miramar Optomist which isnt a real powerhouse optomist group....then he kind of got slotted into Heritage when Dellenbach left and brought that group of kids he hasd since optomist. He never was at a public school or anything...and Heritage technically wasnt a powerhouse either but more so RECRUITED kids there around Dellenbachs time and Rumphs so they were poachers.

Rumph hasnt been a coach all that long period. He really has gotten better and is adapting. The Hickson dude holds more weight in Broward....and honestly DVD is more plugged in with the youth guys, because he recently coached at that level.

i dont care what is said....we havent got a deerfield kid since Crudup and i was like a freshman in high school.

Take it however ya want...but it isnt a um friendly school regardless if we are winning or not..whatever...the next commit will be the 1st commit. Until then...keep going aftger kids that have real interest in coming here

That whole "go after the kids who wanna be here" saying is some rah rah garbage. You're a college coach, it's your job to MAKE kids wanna be here.

Advertisement
If Clemson wanted him, he’d be there...

yes. They want Bowman, first and foremost. And then there are two others that seem to be ahead of Knighton. They will only take one of those. One of them is Ngata the 5 star WR younger brother....

Y'all MF'ers kill me with the homer ****. You only think those kids are better because that's who we signed.
I know putting out a good product is the best recruiting tool, but I believe Fields has a pretty good relationship with the Deerfield staff. You would know better, but I cannot imagine it can hurt.

Advertisement

Exactly.

The proof is and has been in the pudding.

yes. They want Bowman, first and foremost. And then there are two others that seem to be ahead of Knighton. They will only take one of those. One of them is Ngata the 5 star WR younger brother....

My comment was actually about Dorlus from last year

They’ve had a 1000+ yard ball carrier for at least 5+ years until probably last year. I think wilder got some Devonte Freeman had a few and then he was followed by some kid names Dalvin Cook. Then Akers broke the all time freshman record there and now they just hired arguably the best OC in the country who has an offense that would fit Knighton perfect. Would obviously rather have him here but you got to be stupid af to not understand why a rb would go to FSU
Wrong board bro.

I mean you're doing the same thing as a Deerfield homer?

Are you really telling us Dories could have committed to Clemson?
100% he could've. Or Florida.

I'm not being a homer. His play and offers reflect a stud. He played on the same field as Holley and out-shined him.

Let's not make this a Dorlus thread though.

Advertisement
If Clemson wanted him, he’d be there...
You know **** if you think that's how recruiting works. Kids don't automatically like/choose the better team. He wanted to play earlier, hence the reason he didn't choose Clemson.

Y'all are trying to sit here and tell his own coach that he didn't have a committable offer. Lol I love this board..

Advertisement
Macho,

Don’t waste your time big dawg. You will be on here all day if you entertained every poster on here when it comes to this kid and the DFB situation. We know your thoughts so just let it ride. I’m surprised he showed up today, obviously I’m glad though. Noles are expecting him to end up there.

100% he could've. Or Florida.

I'm not being a homer. His play and offers reflect a stud. He played on the same field as Holley and out-shined him.

Let's not make this a Dorlus thread though.

Yeah sorry I don't believe all that. Not because I think you're lying, but I'm just not sure you have the whole story...Like for instance you reported the Hodges offer, I believe Hodges was verbally offered, but it's obvious he can't commit to UM (and I'd like him to because I like his tape)

Yeah sorry I don't believe all that. Not because I think you're lying, but I'm just not sure you have the whole story...Like for instance you reported the Hodges offer, I believe Hodges was verbally offered, but it's obvious he can't commit to UM (and I'd like him to because I like his tape)
Ok. I talked to the kid literally every day but you know better than me as a fan.

Advertisement
Back