2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

I’m not so sure about all that anymore. I’ve been banking on the gator class blowing up but if they’re paying these guys top dollar and they decide to stick then that’s a huge deal for their future.

You can lol all you want. The recruiting clock has changed. July is the new December which was the new February. Most of these guys aren’t flipping.

Would you rather be sitting where we are right now or the gator? By the way, I still think we can land 5-6 blue chip guys and finish decently overall but we need to hit on almost all of:
Trader
Patterson
The UGA CB (Ellis?)
Franklin
A. Jones
Stewart
Breland
I’m perfectly fine with that finish. You just left off one player. Jeremiah Smith. I think he comes on board due to offense looking modern and explosive.

Advertisement
I’m not so sure about all that anymore. I’ve been banking on the gator class blowing up but if they’re paying these guys top dollar and they decide to stick then that’s a huge deal for their future.

You can lol all you want. The recruiting clock has changed. July is the new December which was the new February. Most of these guys aren’t flipping.

Would you rather be sitting where we are right now or the gator? By the way, I still think we can land 5-6 blue chip guys and finish decently overall but we need to hit on almost all of:
Trader
Patterson
The UGA CB (Ellis?)
Franklin
A. Jones
Stewart
Breland
If Florida plays at the level they're being projected at and even at their Vegas O/U line (basically looking at 3-5 wins) their class isn't sticking.

They won't lose everyone because they have deep pockets but they'll take a hit and probably won't add anything else.

With their luck, they'll find 6 wins and then get a cakewalk bowl game and end up 7-6 and will be able to sell improvement.

If they decide to stick with Florida is a huge assumption. They are going to lose kids. You can bank on it as they are likely headed to another losing season. You think they are winning games with Graham Mertz at quarterback? You don't stop recruiting until the ink is dry on ESD. There will be flips. There always are as the season plays along.

Sure, I'd like to be sitting at #2 or #3 on paper in July, but I am also not losing my mind like many on this board. There is a lot of daylight between now and ESD and I think our class will look decidedly different come December. Again, if we land in the Top 10 isn't all this panicking silly? BTW, we were #5 in portal transfer average and #7 overall which folks just seem to overlook.
****, we sound like UF last year.

If Florida plays at the level they're being projected at and even at their Vegas O/U line (basically looking at 3-5 wins) their class isn't sticking.

They won't lose everyone because they have deep pockets but they'll take a hit and probably won't add anything else.

With their luck, they'll find 6 wins and then get a cakewalk bowl game and end up 7-6 and will be able to sell improvement.
This the same **** UF was saying about us. They then doubled down after MTSU loss. Then tripled down after FSU beating…. Facts are, money talks and most commits don’t walk.

They lose 7 games and they will lose 2/3 commits (similar to UM) but it won’t be ground breaking and they will still finish with a top 10 class due to volume & pockets

Advertisement
This the same **** UF was saying about us. They then doubled down after MTSU loss. Then tripled down after FSU beating…. Facts are, money talks and most commits don’t walk.

They lose 7 games and they will lose 2/3 commits (similar to UM) but it won’t be ground breaking and they will still finish with a top 10 class due to volume & pockets
Year 2 in a coach's tenure is a little different though.

And that's exactly what happened to us.. we lost 7 games. lost 2 commits and didn't add anything else.

I'd bet that if they go 4-8 they'll lose far more than 2 commits (equivalent of us losing Rashada and Cormani). Probably 4+ commits. They can't sell the same in year 2 as you can in year 1 despite the money... and that money is drying up quick if they lose enough. Their contracts have those easy outs like Rashada's $13M and their contributors are already on edge to win games and will take it into their own hands to sabotage Billy and run him off by cutting off NIL.

True, except we went 5-7 and we really only lost Cormani I think? If they go 5-7, that's two years of trash in a row. Might be a different situation.
Aside from whatever the coaches are able to sell and salvage the class.. if I was a Florida fan I'd be more worried about their fanbase and boosters funding NIL. They're too volatile and want to win at all costs. They already turned on Billy in year 1. Year 2 winning 4-5 or even 6 games... I see a lot of those NIL deals falling apart.

Even if they don't fall apart on their own doing, other programs are going to be in those kid's ear talking about how they word their contracts and what's going to happen to their money when they flip their switch on Billy.

Advertisement
Aside from whatever the coaches are able to sell and salvage the class.. if I was a Florida fan I'd be more worried about their fanbase and boosters funding NIL. They're too volatile and want to win at all costs. They already turned on Billy in year 1. Year 2 winning 4-5 or even 6 games... I see a lot of those NIL deals falling apart.

Even if they don't fall apart on their own doing, other programs are going to be in those kid's ear talking about how they word their contracts and what's going to happen to their money when they flip their switch on Billy.
the saving grace for UF is no matter the coach, its really hard not to recruit well there. SEC and power brand nationally (as much as we hate them) along w a highly ranked education. it's an easy sell.

the saving grace for UF is no matter the coach, its really hard not to recruit well there. SEC and power brand nationally (as much as we hate them) along w a highly ranked education. it's an easy sell.

You know how big of a Munson you need to be to fail at recruiting at Florida? Dan Mullen is the biggest dork alive and didn't even try, literally, and he signed Top 10 classes.

lol. Can't argue with a bunch of short sighted emotional cucks.

Mario brought in more talent in his first year than we've seen in a decade and all while also inheriting the worst roster we've maybe ever had. And he closed that talent on sticking all while having a horrible on field product. But, Its July, its a 100 degrees out and all these putas have sand in their pussies...

Come December and February, Mario will close like the G he is.
And lost more games in one season than Manny Diaz

And lost more games in one season than Manny Diaz
he also didnt inherit the worst roster. that **** is stupid and the excuses you guys fell for bc the man couldnt coach out of a box. he blamed the players when we stunk bc his coaching stunk and he had no answers. he followed it up by firing everyone. better win big soon or **** him and his columbus pos mafia

Advertisement
Advertisement

They’ll have a smallish class too so there’s a chance this thing plummets. They can’t hang on to the top three just on numbers

Advertisement
Back