2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

Dude, that's corny as ****. Wishing I wasn't lied to about how Miami was going to spend with the big boys and giving an indifferent emoji to your explanation of why they aren't to Go make millions yourself then! is quite the stretch.
No - You’re a typical always mad, mope thinking the school hasn’t spent money and lived up to its part. They gave the guy gobs of money and he squandered it on Gattis. They spent money on facilities too, boosters included.

He put us in a bigger hole with last season. NIL is on boosters and they can do as they please. No one can recruit at UM without the boosters in the NIL game paying whatever is needed.

That’s your fault for not seeing the facts because you’re unobjective. Do you seriously think anyone else is recruiting better at UM without the NIL being obnoxiously high???

Advertisement
Can we just pin a message to the top of the recruiting page saying the 24 and 25 class is going to entirely be dependent on our performance on the field this year, so everyone should keep their tampons in till we see the on field results and people start act like the sky is falling.
No because that’s not true for 24 beyond a couple players. We needed the NIL to be overwhelmingly good this cycle and it’s not. Other schools have better, more vast networks.

No because That’s not true for 24 beyond a couple players. We needed the NIL to be overwhelmingly good this cycle and it’s not. Other schools have better, more vast networks.
Depends how you're framing it. If you're one of the vaginas here worrying about us only bringing in like a 20th ranked class vs a 12th ranked class, the on field results certainly can be the determining factor.

No - You’re a typical always mad, mope thinking the school hasn’t spent money and lived up to its part. They gave the guy gobs of money and he squandered it on Gattis. They spent money on facilities too, boosters included.

He put us in a bigger hole with last season. NIL is on boosters and they can do as they please. No one can recruit at UM without the boosters in the NIL game paying whatever is needed.

That’s your fault for not seeing the facts because you’re unobjective. Do you seriously think anyone else is recruiting better without the NIL being obnoxiously high???
I'm not even sure where you're going with all that. Clearly you've had a talk with a booster today.

I'm in no argument about what the school provided now (or is building etc), or what he was given and then 100% **** down the drain in terms of last year's coaching salaries. Obnoxiously high NIL is what was being preached here also, and you yourself have referenced probably twenty times that it's "off" this cycle correct? So what is it that you're actually mad about?

Depends how you're framing it. If you're one of the vaginas here worrying about us only bringing in like a 20th ranked class vs a 12th ranked class, the on field results certainly can be the determining factor.
It matters in the sense tht for 2025, we will not have to overpay as much as we do right now.

Advertisement
It matters in the sense tht for 2025, we will not have to overpay as much as we do right now.
No I was referring to 24 too. The difference between being ranked in the high teens (like 19) and low double digit or even high single digits (7-12) can be just getting 2-3 highly rated guys that will only come here if we are successful on the field this season. That's why I'm saying maybe our on field success won't matter if you're framing this as finishing 5-10... But that's also not what all the mopes are even doing.

I'm not even sure where you're going with all that. Clearly you've had a talk with a booster today.

I'm in no argument about what the school provided now (or is building etc), or what he was given and then 100% **** down the drain in terms of last year's coaching salaries. Obnoxiously high NIL is what was being preached here also, and you yourself have referenced probably twenty times that it's "off" this cycle correct? So what is it that you're actually mad about?
Yes I know some quite well. Boosters and the school spent money on Mario’s contract, facilities and loaded him up with funds for staff and recruiting.

NIL is not on the school and boosters can do as they wish with their own money. They have no obligation to spend their money on NIL. These people have money. They’ve offered players money. They’re getting outbid and they’re not going to go as far as fans would love.

I’m mad that people don’t get that and think that they and/or the HC is owed millions in NIL dollars to be spent on these players because Canes bro - spend your hard earned money so I can enjoy my team more.

What right does anyone have to cry because another man or woman doesn’t want to pay high school kids a **** ton of their money to play football at their favorite school? Zero.

No I was referring to 24 too. The difference between being ranked in the high teens (like 19) and low double digit or even high single digits (7-12) can be just getting 2-3 highly rated guys that will only come here if we are successful on the field this season. That's why I'm saying maybe our on field success won't matter if you're framing this as finishing 5-10... But that's also not what all the mopes are even doing.
They could still land some guys that could take them into the 10-15 range. We can lose people too.

Advertisement
Yes I know some quite well. Boosters and the school spent money on Mario’s contract, facilities and loaded him up with funds for staff and recruiting.

NIL is not on the school and boosters can do as they wish with their own money. They have no obligation to spend their money on NIL. These people have money. They’ve offered players money. They’re getting outbid and they’re not going to go as far as fans would love.

I’m mad that people don’t get that and think that they and/or the HC is owed millions in NIL dollars to be spent on these players because Canes bro - spend your hard earned money so I can enjoy my team more.

What right does anyone have to cry because another man or woman doesn’t want to pay high school kids a **** ton of their money to play football at their favorite school? Zero.
People like Ruiz did not help the case in terms of expectations for the future spending. Neither did the 90% of this board that was dumb enough to believe Miami would be at an NIL advantage because "we play in a city!". You know compared to the broke sec college towns. But I completely agree it's nobody's obligation to blow their money on my favorite team so I'm not sure why that's taken as my position. Anyway it doesn't matter at this point. This cycle so far has shown what lies ahead without a lot of actual winning football games

People like Ruiz did not help the case in terms of expectations for the future spending. Neither did the 90% of this board that was dumb enough to believe Miami would be at an NIL advantage because "we play in a city!". You know compared to the broke sec college towns. But I completely agree it's nobody's obligation to blow their money on my favorite team so I'm not sure why that's taken as my position. Anyway it doesn't matter at this point. This cycle so far has shown what lies ahead without a lot of actual winning football games
You blame Ruiz for setting expectations for future spending???

Ruiz was significant for us in football and basketball. Yeah, I can do without the tweets but some people on here were tearing the guy down and he was doing what we all wanted forever - paying players and helping us compete. And if Life Wallet was in better shape I’d think he’d still be doing it. He knew how to get it done.

You blame Ruiz for setting expectations for future spending???

Ruiz was significant for us in football and basketball. Yeah, I can do without the tweets but some people on here were tearing the guy down and he was doing what we all wanted forever - paying players and helping us compete. And if Life Wallet was in better shape I’d think he’d still be doing it. He knew how to get it done.
The stadium, we're the new kings of NIL kinda tweets, yes. Then saying he was going to spend MORE this year to boot. Do you think that happened? Two things can be true. He was a massive help last year in multiple sports, and he also set the bar high as to what Miami was going to be. Do you realize that's what many recruits and their "agents" have been using against us?

Advertisement
The stadium, we're the new kings of NIL kinda tweets, yes. Then saying he was going to spend MORE this year to boot. Do you think that happened? Two things can be true. He was a massive help last year in multiple sports, and he also set the bar high as to what Miami was going to be. Do you realize that's what many recruits and their "agents" have been using against us?
I realize a number of things. It’s not like you think with what recruits and their “agents” are using against us. We’re not the intended target. Their favorite schools are.

We’re being used as the boogeyman by kids to get their favorite schools to match us or get in the ballpark. It’s pretty obvious.

The difference is that last year we were ahead of the crowd and we were paying more than the crowd. Plus it was the bump class. Ruiz has his own issues with his company. I don’t expect his publicly traded company to be tanking and for him to still do what he was doing.

This year other schools have organized and adjusted, including market rates. We’re going to have to pay more than we’d like to land kids we really want. We need other boosters to meet that if we’re going to compete like we want.

1689239031350.gif

Fvck OU

Advertisement
Their anger is misdirected. We have a right to be angry about the staff and season last year. The school and boosters have him money for staff, recruiting, facilities…

NIL is at the pleasure of our wealthy patrons and what they decide to do with their money.
When you've lost RVA, you've lost CIS.

Fly The Banners.

Time to stop comparing Mario to Manny/Richt.

It’s like having a 2006 Civic then paying for a 2022 AMG-GT63 & saying “well it wasn’t possible to go 150mph before”… no ****, you get what you pay for.

It’s time to start comparing results to other coaches making top dollar amounts at big schools.

The dude hasn’t even started his second season and y’all ready to fire him haha.

Good lord let the man work. It takes 95% of programs at least 3 years to flip a roster unless you have the bankroll of a Bama, O$U, Georgia or something like that.

If you are that upset you want to fire a coach who just landed the best class Miami has signed in a long time and who hasn’t even coached game 1 of year 2 then it might be time to log off and go get some fresh air.

The dude hasn’t even started his second season and y’all ready to fire him haha.

Good lord let the man work. It takes 95% of programs at least 3 years to flip a roster unless you have the bankroll of a Bama, O$U, Georgia or something like that.

If you are that upset you want to fire a coach who just landed the best class Miami has signed in a long time and who hasn’t even coached game 1 of year 2 then it might be time to log off and go get some fresh air.
...And touch grass

Advertisement
Back