2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

Advertisement
I don’t believe it’s entirely NIL $$$

We’re whale hunting for one of the most prized position groups in all of football - DL and most notably DT. We don’t have a recent history nor the reputation - yet - of developing D Lineman. So the only way to get those prized DL recruits is to outbid the big dogs.

Mario was able to get 2 prized OT’s - Maui and Pancake - last year because of his and Mirabel’s reputation for developing OL. Undoubtedly, those 2 could have gone elsewhere and gotten more $$$.

Until one of our coaches establishes themselves as a DL developer, we’ll have to outbid the big dogs to get whales at DL - especially DT

I don’t believe one - $$$ - is exclusive from the other - reputation of developing DL.
Except Billy Napier has no reputation for developing QBs yet they’re paying and there’s Lagway… Money’s the issue. It’s all over the place. Last year was the bump class. This year is different.

Throwing this out there…. What if boosters and those close to the program knew the NIL money was never going to be on par with the elite of elite?
That’s why they hired a top 5 recruiter and gave him 8Ms a year. So he could convince kids to take less and create that bond… if it’s flat out “this dollar amount or Im not coming” then we should’ve hired someone else who brings more to the table on field.
Yeah, I’ve come around to this. If it’s all or mostly about money, we’d be better off with an X and O’s savant.

Billy Napier is neither and had a 6 win season and he’s killing it right now. Money matters.

Advertisement
Except Billy Napier has no reputation for developing QBs yet they’re paying and there’s Lagway… Money’s the issue. It’s all over the place. Last year was the bump class. This year is different.
Ehhh I was reminded he just had a raw QB taken first round.

All it takes is for one to hit, and you can sell sell sell. Mario and Mirabel are selling Sewell like crazy best believe that.

I think we as fans have to be reminded that this program had fallen so far behind.

We literally just started treating the football program like a top 15-18 type program 20 months ago. The infrastructure is now in place, it's time to see results.

The results aren't going to be a conference title in year 2 or playoff birth.

We need to see wins, yes, but a competitive spirit we haven't seen in decades. Players that actually care, they play hard, they encourage their teammates, they stick together in tough times, they don't get too high and lose focus in good times.

Beat who you're supposed to beat, and compete to the last whistle against those who are better than you, and make them feel like they played a 60 minute war.

You start seeing that culture the program will start having lots of success.

Yeah, I’ve come around to this. If it’s all or mostly about money, we’d be better off with an X and O’s savant.

Billy Napier is neither and had a 6 win season and he’s killing it right now. Money matters.
Is there anyway our NIL collective can be linked at the top of the page?

All it takes is for one to hit, and you can sell sell sell. Mario and Mirabel are selling Sewell like crazy best believe that.

I think we as fans have to be reminded that this program had fallen so far behind.

We literally just started treating the football program like a top 15-18 type program 20 months ago. The infrastructure is now in place, it's time to see results.

We need to see wins, yes, but a competitive spirit we haven't seen in decades. Players that actually care, they play hard, they encourage their teammates, they stick together in tough times, they don't get too high and lose focus in good times.

Beat who you're supposed to beat, and compete to the last whistle against those who are better than you, and make them feel like they played a 60 minute war.

He won 6 games and he has a top 2-3 class. The only savant on his staff is Raymond. He’s killing it everywhere except on the OL. Money matters.

Advertisement

lol 80 mill for play hard guys! **** that. win some ******* games otherwise we could have saved the money, gone after a better on field coach and put the rest into NIL and staff

He won 6 games and he has a top 2-3 class. The only savant on his staff is Raymond. He’s killing it everywhere except on the OL. Money matters.
Lagway=Richardson

See easy

Now I will say Mario has to be the only coach in America that can have a first round pick at QB, and it be used against him.

Literally happens to no one else. Have "renowned" QB coaches on twitter blasting Mario. National narrative is he is a QB killer. It's ridiculous imo

Numerous times we’ve been told “just have to be in the ballpark with NIL and Mario will close”.
Are we that far off?

I think it’s somewhere in the middle. We’re in the ballpark but Mario’s disastrous 1st year has killed any “take less for relationship purposes”

So now what? Mario needs to win, but without being an “X & O” guy how does he do that? It’s a catch 22. Why I stated before the OC hire & this upcoming season are the most important decisions in Mario’s career.

Advertisement

Did Mario not have his two year starting QB drafted top 10 at Oregon?

there was a poster here that last year said Lagway was interested in us but we **** the bed by not showing any interest or something similar to that. if true, thats on us

Did Mario not have his two year starting QB drafted top 10 at Oregon?
florida has sent their last two of 3 starting QBs into the NFL drafts first 2 rounds I believe. last time we got a QB drafted at all was kaaya in the seventh and hes a USC fan now in film school. edit: forgot to include king but I can't remember if he was drafted or just signed as a UDFA (he went in as a WR anyways so not really a QB)

Advertisement
florida has sent their last two of 3 starting QBs into the NFL drafts first 2 rounds I believe. last time we got a QB drafted at all was kaaya in the seventh and hes a USC fan now in film school. edit: forgot to include king but I can't remember if he was drafted or just signed as a UDFA (he went in as a WR anyways so not really a QB)
Someone pointed out Lagway is committed to UF bc Napier had a QB drafted high. Mario had a QB drafted top 10 who won rookie of the year.

So now Oregon gets that credit but not Mario? But yet UF gets the credit for Trask, not Mullen?

It’s money, Mario was hired (and paid very very well) to convince these kids to take less to come play for him. Not much, but less.

If he can’t do that…. Then we were better off hiring a “X&O” coach at 2.5-3Ms & dumping the other 5Ms into NIL a year.

Can we just pin a message to the top of the recruiting page saying the 24 and 25 class is going to entirely be dependent on our performance on the field this year, so everyone should keep their tampons in till we see the on field results and people start act like the sky is falling.

Why pin such a delusion?

Advertisement
Back