2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

We’re swinging and missing like crazy but we’re going to close on Breland, Franklin and Jones….ok

Minnesota Twins Baseball GIF by Jomboy Media

Advertisement
The fact that anyone can mention that there are potential/likely NIL issues without getting called out and verbally flogged by certain alumni poster(s), one in particular immediately comes to mind, is very interesting.

Yall keep saying joe..Mario is the one that said Dl is personal this class.
Sure, Mario is culpable as well. Especially because of what you said + he retained Joe.

But then what good is Joe? Let’s see if he’s much of teacher this year. Because you can only rest your laurels on Mauigoa for so long, especially when you’re about to whiff on Isendre and Jayden…poly connection not doing much this time around.

Advertisement
I hope if we run Mario out of town we finally hire an X's & O's guy with no Miami ties. Idc about recruiting anymore. We are never gonna recruit with the big dogs unless something crazy happen. Give me the guy who is gonna make us a perennial 8-10
win team & finish the season ranked.

Sure, Mario is culpable as well. Especially because of what you said + he retained Joe.

But then what good is Joe? Let’s see if he’s much of teacher this year. Because you can only rest your laurels on Mauigoa for so long, especially when you’re about to whiff on Isendre and Jayden…poly connection not doing much this time around.
I told you all Joe isnt a recruiter.

I hope if we run Mario out of town we finally hire an X's & O's guy with no Miami ties. Idc about recruiting anymore. We are never gonna recruit with the big dogs unless something crazy happen. Give me the guy who is gonna make us a perennial 8-10

I’m not giving up on Mario just yet. I was really hoping he had grown as a coach with his success out at Oregon. But I would be lying if he was my first choice. I would have rather had Lane or Hugh Freeze. Hopefully these coordinators turn out to be outstanding, but I am quite discouraged that Mario is supposed to be this outstanding recruiter and we seem to be getting abused so far this cycle.

Advertisement
I’m not giving up on Mario just yet. I was really hoping he had grown as a coach with his success out at Oregon. But I would be lying if he was my first choice. I would have rather had Lane or Hugh Freeze. Hopefully these coordinators turn out to be outstanding, but I am quite discouraged that Mario is supposed to be this outstanding recruiter and we seem to be getting abused so far this cycle.
If we win 9 games, all this goes away and everything is back on track. We’ll probably flip 2-4 guys of substantial talent and finish with a respectable 10-13 range class, and the ‘25 class could be special. But…you have to win the games first. Even 8 can be spun if it’s the right 8 and we don’t look like crap vs. the elite teams. Anything less, and boy does it get toxic quick.

I’m not close to throwing in the towel either but yeah…this isn’t what we signed up for recruiting wise. I trust Mario will adapt and get what he needs, but he certainly needs something as of July 12th.

Starting to wonder where we have our NIL divided up too…

Looks like a lot of the top talent on the board is headed elsewhere… I know we have a war chest but we need to start taking away from pipe dreams and lock in some kids because this will get ugly if we’re hoping a 9/10 win season will fix everything
Look at our class. NIL is not being used this cycle and it’s obvious.

We have heard every excuse. We not overpaying for this guy or that guy like the kid who went to Nebraska.

When you suck you need to overpay. It’s that simple.

I’m in the same boat. I know it’s early but the writing is on wall.

What are the chances that Dawson and Guidry both workout? It’s more probable we have 2 new coordinators again in year 3.

I don’t care what Mario’s contract is but of this season is even remotely close to last year… it’s gonna be ultra toxic.

If Mario doesn’t work out here… just fold the program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would y'all rather the staff set lower expectations? I'm glad we got a staff and more importantly a HC that isnt scared to go toe to toe with Alabama, UGA, Ohio State for the trenches.

We have already landed some real quality trench players on both sides, and Mario has been here for 20 months.

Nyjalick Kelly
Cyrus Moss
Rueben Bain
Jayden Wayne
Ahmad Moten
Francis Mauigoa
Samson Okunlola
Tommie Kinsler
Colins Acheopong
Marquis Lightfoot(commit)

This above wasn't close to reality BM(Before Mario).
This is funny. You’re right that class wasn’t close to reality “before Mario” but it wasn’t because of Mario….

Was this class not available because Miami was paying half the going rate for a great coach?

If Miami had decided to pay a top 10 salary when Golden got canned, or when Richt retired this class was inevitable…

If Miami had decided to invest in a legit top 10 AD, if they improved the football budget by 30Ms 6 years ago was it not possible?

We need to stop comparing Mario’s results to past coaches, bc no former coach had the resources Mario has.

I think being in the ACC hurts more so to be honest. I'm sure other factors are at play, but when I see constant, i point towards that. Look at Clumson or FSU they ain't cracking top 10, and we're supposed to be part of those heavy hitters.

Looming at the rankings, outside of Stanford and UNC, which are purely higher base don number of commits, its all SEC and Big Ten. That's gotta be an attractive feature.

Time to stop comparing Mario to Manny/Richt.

It’s like having a 2006 Civic then paying for a 2022 AMG-GT63 & saying “well it wasn’t possible to go 150mph before”… no ****, you get what you pay for.

It’s time to start comparing results to other coaches making top dollar amounts at big schools.

Advertisement
Back