Jayden Gibson

Advertisement
A month or two ago I’d say “ in your dreams “ lol.
Yeah not that I’m ready to pencil him in (not even close). But he’s had multiple visits to Gainesville and still no commit. I understand he was enamored with the late UGA offer but no commit either despite reportedly wanting to commit before his Sr season. I guess this is still a 3 team race just surprised he hasn’t popped somewhere. I guess he still weighing his options, which I think is a good thing for Miami.

Everything about him was bad. How was he as an assistant on the Coaching side? Obviously the players liked him because we read how they demanded that he be named HMIC.
Probably a big mistake by Butch. I guess he brought in Coker because he was in the wider range of the Jimmy Johnson/Butch Davis coaching family. I believe he was at Oklahoma State during the Pat Jones years when Jones and company were the successor to the Jimmy Johnson regime there. I recall Butch defending him when many UM fans were trashing Coker as the OC. But when Coker needed a job, and Butch was newly installed at UNC, Butch turned him down saying they were going in a different direction. I do think Coker tried very hard as a recruiter. People always complain by saying coaches are lazy, recruit off the "lists." I don't think that's true. I do think the various staffs did a lot more than just going off "lists." I knew the list makers--Emfinger, Lemming, Wallace, and so on. No one in their right mind would trust their evaluations. They just added to the database of information that recruiting offices developed. There were, and are, many other sources of recruiting information. I know because I was, at certain times, involved to a limited degree in some recruiting projects. At least one good friend was, and has been, heavily involved for years. He worked very closely as a volunteer with Dave Scott, Pete and others over the years.

Coker tried to get the highly sought Palm Bay DE Joe Cohen. Reportedly spend hours and hours one day in the Cohen household. Didn't work. The kid still went to UF, as I think several other stars from that team did.

Coker was just not the most magnetic personality. I suspect guys like TRob and Aristide have much better personalities for that task.

I think Coker was a very decent man, probably too honest to be a great recruiter (what they used to say about Tony Wise who was not good at lying. Very bland personality. Put in the hot seat at a very difficult job at a very visible and demanding program. Reportedly, it drove Butch Davis to tears at a Sunday press conference. Some of the people here (one in particular) used to trash Butch on other sites. Lot of name calling of our past coaches...."Choker," "Bush," and "Monkey Boy" (Schiano)...

I sure wouldn't want the HC job at Miami....I'd rather be a POTUS, you know, a low profile no pressure job. Like a librarian's jo.

Advertisement
ITU released a mock class today. They’re saying we’re in a better spot now than we thought and put him in the class.
I keep telling you folks he’s staying in state which only really leaves two options. The staff at West Orange is familiar with Rhett Lashlee because of the recruitment of Woody Barrett who at the time went to Auburn. Jayden really likes our staff and enjoys Miami. Trying to throw you nuggets but at the time everyone was on the Georgia BS bandwagon.
We’ve been in a good spot since April

I keep telling you folks he’s staying in state which only really leaves two options. The staff at West Orange is familiar with Rhett Lashlee because of the recruitment of Woody Barrett who at the time went to Auburn. Jayden really likes our staff and enjoys Miami. Trying to throw you nuggets but at the time everyone was on the Georgia BS bandwagon.
I like it.

I have not seen the young mans tape - with the plethora of WR's in next years class, are we better off filling that scholie next year?

Advertisement
IF we landed Gibson, that shouldn't impact the standings of our other 2 in the class already, im assuming?

I have not seen the young mans tape - with the plethora of WR's in next years class, are we better off filling that scholie next year?
I think he would be worthy of a scholly in next years class as well so I say yes, CFP now requires a lot of WR. We took 3 last year (Brinson, George, Smith), this year we lose Harley, Payton, and most likely Wiggins, Rambo, and Pope. Maybe lose someone to the portal if they are getting recruited over like a Daz who hasn't been in many reports, we could lose 6 WR this year. We also only took one WR in 2019 (Payton-Gone) and 4 in 2018 (Pope, Wiggins, Hightower-GOne, and Ezzard-Gone) and took 4 in 2021 (Daz, Redding, X, and Smith) taking 3 is not crazy considering the 3 we have even with a stacked class next year.

I would have said that for Horton imo.

gibson is too intriguing of a prospect to ignore, imo. He has the physical makeup to be a beast. That said, I do wonder how many WR spots we have for next year. 3-4? If that’s the case, I think it’s realistic to say “we’re going after 3 studs” and we’ll be ok. Jmo

Advertisement

Ooff if that happens Gator tears may break a record for daily posts

Plethora - Would you say... I have a plethora?

Advertisement
The main reason i would take him is to stick it to the Gayter. Otherwise, a third WR is really really low on our priorities this year. DT, DE, and S/striker are begging for help right now.

@AUcane @TheOriginalCane While I totally understand your comments, next year is LOADED, both in Florida and the US, and we would have a realistic shot with 10+ 4/5 star types.

Agreed. But we are not going to get 10.

I'm just saying, when you have that much potential talent, it can become counter-productive to try to sign 4 or 5 of them. I'd rather we take 3, MAYBE 4, next year, and that we continue to sign a good 2022 and 2024 class as well.

With the portal, you never know when a 4/5 start kid might bounce ON POTENTIAL. As crowded as the Portal is today, there's always going to be another school that wants to sign a 4/5 star kid (as long as he hasn't committed any felonies). ****, the Gaytors are happy to take 4/5 star transfers anytime, no questions asked. As we just saw with Arik Gilbert.

I see Armella though and it invalidates the author to me. Please, I hope he proves me wrong.
So now are you saying it can be a reality??
So now are you saying it can be a reality??
Two months ago I’d said no chance, recently it seems his interest in Miami has increased. Not sure what’s going on at UF , most felt it was only a matter of time he committed there. So yeah, there’s a chance. He’s just one of those recruits I don’t pay attention to.

Advertisement
Back