Jayden Gibson

If a recruit said that about Diaz there would be a 20+ page meltdown thread on here.
200.gif

Advertisement
If a recruit said that about Diaz there would be a 20+ page meltdown thread on here.

This is 100% true. And we'd get those 20+ pages within one week. But in fairness to the board, there's a whole pile of posts in Gator Tears on Mullen's cringeworthy antics in general.

No matter where Canes fans fall on the fandom spectrum, there is basically unanimous agreement that Mullen is a weird, creepy, unrelatable dude who can't recruit.

This is 100% true. And we'd get those 20+ pages within one week. But in fairness to the board, there's a whole pile of posts in Gator Tears on Mullen's cringeworthy antics in general.

No matter where Canes fans fall on the fandom spectrum, there is basically unanimous agreement that Mullen is a weird, creepy, unrelatable dude who can't recruit.
He’s a really good X and Os coach but it’s known by HS coaches, people who interact with him he’s an odd dude.

I'd say there is a sizeable contingent here that would still rather have Mullen than Diaz.

Advertisement
I'd say there is a sizeable contingent here that would still rather have Mullen than Diaz.

I suspect you're right. But I'd say even the majority of those people would admit Mullen is a weird, creepy, unrelatable dude who can't recruit.

They'd just take Mullen because they think he's a better gameday/strategy coach than Diaz (or because they just have unfettered hate for Diaz and would pick nearly any living coach over Diaz).

Don’t underestimate CIS now lol we’ll get to 20 pages in one day.

I’ll log in the morning at 1 page and get back on in the afternoon and see it at page 10 and wondered what the **** just happened lol

Don’t underestimate CIS now lol we’ll get to 20 pages in one day.

I’ll log in the morning at 1 page and get back on in the afternoon and see it at page 10 and wondered what the **** just happened lol
Depends on how long it takes for someone to bring up BAMA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He's not going to Florida, he knows Mullin is a creepy awkward guy
You’re probably right. Hard to see how a kid can make that observation and then pick them. But they’re basically local for him. If he grew up rooting for them (don’t know), could see him still picking them. Coker got kids, too.

So does Gibson mean it is a positive factor that UF doesn’t try to establish a relationship with a recruit?
Seems odd since everything we have learned about T-Rob and what makes him a better recruiter than Rumph is his ability to establish relationships with recruits. If this is really UF‘s method they Are in big trouble. No way they will win a close call in recruiting. For a kid who just wants to be at UF it won’t matter, but for a kid who is torn between schools it’s seems relationships are important. As they are to any human In almost any context.

Advertisement
Back