Jawon Hamilton Sr Highlights

He is a great player.

I understand if we push him out because he doesn't bring anything new to our RB corps physically, but he's a 1,000-yard back in college if he stays healthy.

To be a 1000 yd back means he beats out Homer, or Walton, is he that good?

Advertisement
I dont get the comparison with Whaley either. Seem like very different backs.

I still take Hamilton as an "Athlete" if possible. He will see the field somehow.

He is a great player.

I understand if we push him out because he doesn't bring anything new to our RB corps physically, but he's a 1,000-yard back in college if he stays healthy.

To be a 1000 yd back means he beats out Homer, or Walton, is he that good?

I'm just saying that if given the opportunity to start somewhere, he will be very productive.

I put a lot of stock in what the local community says about a kid. When I went to Belle Glade in 2006, everybody said that Deonte Thompson was overrated and that a skinny nobody named Travis Benjamin was the guy to watch. Hamilton has generated a ton of buzz down south and he has backed it up against great competition.

He may not be the better player, but he's the most natural back of the handful of tapes I've seen. Little to no wasted movement. Best center of gravity (probably in a tie with Homer). Above average with the cutback. Excellent vision. Completely my style of RB in both style and close to it in size: 5' 10ish 215ish at his peak.

For the record, my favorite style of RB is Walter Payton. I've liked guys like him ever since: LTomlinson, Gore, etc.

Advertisement
He may not be the better player, but he's the most natural back of the handful of tapes I've seen. Little to no wasted movement. Best center of gravity (probably in a tie with Homer). Above average with the cutback. Excellent vision. Completely my style of RB in both style and close to it in size: 5' 10ish 215ish at his peak.

For the record, my favorite style of RB is Walter Payton. I've liked guys like him ever since: LTomlinson, Gore, etc.

Great post, Lu!

I am convinced that most of our fan base has no clue what to look for when looking at film.

Mario Cristobal just stopped by this morning to see him.

Anyone still doubting this kids ability?

Mario Cristiobal stopped by to see Robert Knowles also... those stops are more for the coaching staff then the player Geo

But I must admit a coach from down south told me he was legit.... im just curious about his speed I dont see the DUke Johnson, ALex COllins explosion

Last edited:

Mario Cristobl is a clown.

His evals arent that good remember Edouard from Hialeah.

He should weigh options...but i like him here...but if he can be feature back at ucf you never know.
That being said....The kid has the goods, this was known before Mario came sniffing around.

Jawon Hamilton
5'9 194lbs
Great breakaway speed, always breaks the first tackle, great vision, can catch the ball out of the backfield, picks up blitzes, initiates contact first, and all around great coachable kid. Schools are at him and (Wig) James Wiggins heavily now (Louisville)

Advertisement
UCF just picked up Adrian Killins so I hope Hamilton sticks. Glad to have both but I would even take Hamilton over Homer.

Hamilton looks great on film, haven't seen the kid from Texas but he's gotta look **** impressive if some like him more than Hamilton. Any potential reasons why Hamilton has such low ratings/low amount of offers?

Advertisement

Mario Cristiobal stopped by to see Robert Knowles also... those stops are more for the coaching staff then the player Geo

But I must admit a coach from down south told me he was legit.... im just curious about his speed I dont see the DUke Johnson, ALex COllins explosion

You question his speed? Did you watch the film? He was burning dudes and looked fast to me.

Advertisement

You question his speed? Did you watch the film? He was burning dudes and looked fast to me.

He definitely looks faster than Walton and Yearby.......He looks fast, broke some tackles..i saw a few runs where he cut back very nicely....... I just didnt see that run that made me drop my jaws like wow!! I saw it with Duke, Alex Collins, Dalvin, even saw it with yearby even though hes slow...not so much with Sony after the ACL but he still looked very good.

I also see it with Robert Burns 2017 here is his highlight film from his SOPHOMORE year

Sophmore Year - Robert Burns highlights

Look at his burst, balance, and powere as a SOPHOMORE!!! look at the amazing athletic ability and balance on the first play of the video..that is ******* elite..and this is his **** 10th grade tape!!!! That right there is elite.. There is a difference between those 2 videos...Burns just pops out at you... If we lose Burns i think im gonna cry... I like Hamilton tape a lot but I love Burns.... Homer and Hamilton are second fiddle to Burns Im sure even BroncoNation could attest to that.. of course non of that attest to how they may do in college...

Only way he "chooses" UCF over UM is if he doesn't really have a choice. We need more gamebreakers at the RB spot. We've got a lot of 5 yard guys. If this is that guy (and I'm not positive he is) then sign him up.

Only way he "chooses" UCF over UM is if he doesn't really have a choice. We need more gamebreakers at the RB spot. We've got a lot of 5 yard guys. If this is that guy (and I'm not positive he is) then sign him up.

Yup. Yearby and Walton are okay but neither of them are winning you games. We are sorely lacking that RB that can score from anywhere on the field.

Advertisement
Back