Jawon Hamilton Sr Highlights

I also like Hamilton over Whaley. Much better feet and he plays better defenses.

Five South Florida RBs will be starters or co-starters in the league next year: Freeman, Miller, Gore, Duke and Bernard.

All 5 of those guys were highly recruited 4* or 5*. Hamilton was either a low 3* or 2* depending on the site.

Not to mention all of those guys were far more impressive physically than Hamilton.

Come on dude, you can't possibly think Hamilton belongs in the same class as any of those 5. I know you know recruiting and HS football better than to think that

Advertisement
Jawon will start for UCF this season as a true freshman. He'll have a fantastic career there. We'll always be left to wonder what he coulda done here. I like Homer...but Jawon is a stud, no doubt.

Come on dude, you can't possibly think Hamilton belongs in the same class as any of those 5. I know you know recruiting and HS football better than to think that

I'm not saying Hamilton is a future NFL starter or anything like that. Just pointing out the disproportionate success of South Florida backs.

I won't rehash my posts about South Florida 3-stars, but they have also enjoyed disproportionate success at the college and pro level. Time after time they outperform higher rated players from less competitive areas. IMO, Hamilton over Whaley will be just another example.

I found this to be an interesting conversation at the time, so I checked up on them today and these are the two backs stats so far this year. Only freshmen year so not too many carries.

Arkansas: Whaley - Attempts - 57 - Yards - 317 - Avg - 5.6 - Long - 75 - TD- 1

UCF: Hamilton - Attempts - 81 - Yards - 304 - Avg - 3.8 - Long - 32 - TD- 2

This was not including this Saturdays stats, which were:

Whaley - 14 66 4.7 16 0 Receiving - 2 69 34.5
Hamilton -6 30 5.0 24 0 Receiving - 0

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's obviously still early in their careers but it's not an insignificant sample size of carries.

I think it was the right call to pass on Hamilton considering the talent available in the next couple classes, McFarland this class, Cook and Lingard next class. Don't see how this guy would see the field.

It's obviously still early in their careers but it's not an insignificant sample size of carries.

I think it was the right call to pass on Hamilton considering the talent available in the next couple classes, McFarland this class, Cook and Lingard next class. Don't see how this guy would see the field.

Hamilton couldn't carry Homer's jock, and Homer isn't even playing. Hamilton would have redshirted here and then got passed by everyone and would have transferred as a sophomore or junior after eating our food and getting free classes.

Hamilton couldn't carry Homer's jock, and Homer isn't even playing. Hamilton would have redshirted here and then got passed by everyone and would have transferred as a sophomore or junior after eating our food and getting free classes.

Thats called the gus edwards plan.

We will see where Hamilton's career goes. He was generating major buzz in camp and is just getting started. I still think he will be a very good college back.

Advertisement
Hard to compare unless you know how Arkansas' line is compared to UCF's in opening up holes and providing a surge.

Whaley is playing against much stiffer competition. His OL has struggled in the run game.

Hamilton is who he is just like Walton is who he is. Generally speaking, RBs are who they are. The top guys show out immediately. If they're special, they're not rushing for 3.8 ypc like Hamilton and Walton.

Hamilton wouldn't have played here this year. And the situation would only get tougher for him the longer he stayed here because Rick is going to keep bringing in better RBs than him. Would have lasted two years tops.

Advertisement
Back