Javion Cohen commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
So if Zion comes back he and Samson/Francis at T, Rivers and Cohen at G, hopefully a portal C to replace Clark.

Then Clark, Cooper, McCoy, Samson/Francis off the bench.
Starting to see lots of good possibilities for a change

Rivers was mentioned as a Center candidate. Maybe:

Zion
Cooper
Rivers
Mauigoa
Cohen

I think Cooper is a starter at G through and through. Rivers is starting somewhere as is Cohen. It appears Cohen wants to play T. Still those 3 are auto starters. We have been told we are going two more OL including one Center. I’d imagine at least of those guys are a starter as well. Think Samson and Mauigoa play but don’t start.
Rivers could play T too if Cooper is the other starting G. Could very well be Nelson (If he comes back) and Rivers at T, Cooper and Cohen at G, then hopefully a portal guy at C. Samson and Francis first two off the bench.

Advertisement
Amazing it took one bad year for Bama for a bunch of dudes to hit the portal and for the locker room to be a mess. Yet Miami fans would give their left nut to win 10 games and play in a really good bowl game.
Right? I laugh at the people that sh*t on our fanbase for never showing up and blah blah blah.

We've had ONE 10 win season over the last 20 years. ONE!

And that 2017 season was LIT. Atmosphere was insane. Media talk was through the roof. We're already one of the bigger storylines with a 5 win season in the books.

Imagine what another 10 win season would do for this program under Mario. The hate would be insane. And I have no doubt Hard Rock would be bumping.

Right? I laugh at the people that sh*t on our fanbase for never showing up and blah blah blah.

And that 2017 season was LIT. Atmosphere was insane. Media talk was through the roof. We're already one of the bigger storylines with a 5 win season in the books.

Imagine what another 10 win season would do for this program under Mario. The hate would be insane. And I have no doubt Hard Rock would be bumping.
In my eyes it was an 11 win season lol. Remember that Ark State game got cancelled due to the hurricane.

Advertisement
Amazing it took one bad year for Bama for a bunch of dudes to hit the portal and for the locker room to be a mess. Yet Miami fans would give their left nut to win 10 games and play in a really good bowl game.

Saw a bama podcast about some rumblings. Most of the defections seem to be coming form the offense (like 5 or 6 guys including Cohen) so the scuttlebutt is that Bill O'Brien is starting to wear on some guys. On the other hand they just replace them with other 4/5 star guys so it's not like they are losing talent

There are some positions where starting as a freshman at the p5 level is extremely difficult and it seems like no one here pays any attention.

Just cause Samson and Mauigoa are 5 stars doesn’t mean that they’re Just gonna come in and take a spot.
Having an 18 year old come in and start taking starter snaps against grown 22 and 23 year olds is the reason you end up with an injured roster.
It’s a different animal in the trenches.

I think you can count on one hand how many dudes started at L tackle since a freshman and didn’t get a significant injury and end up a day one pick.

It’s a luxury and and advantage to both the player and the team to have dudes like that work into their bodies and into their position.

Zion went from zero to hero and still couldn’t recover from a serious injury.
Imagine Zion if he didn’t have to jump into the fire. He would be looking at serious coin. Instead we had nothing on that side and he had to take a freshman year of abuse on and off the field. You guys crucified him in here.

There are some positions where starting as a freshman at the p5 level is extremely difficult and it seems like no one here pays any attention.

Just cause Samson and Mauigoa are 5 stars doesn’t mean that they’re Just gonna come in and take a spot.
Having an 18 year old come in and start taking starter snaps against grown 22 and 23 year olds is the reason you end up with an injured roster.
It’s a different animal in the trenches.

I think you can count on one hand how many dudes started at L tackle since a freshman and didn’t get a significant injury and end up a day one pick.

It’s a luxury and and advantage to both the player and the team to have dudes like that work into their bodies and into their position.

Zion went from zero to hero and still couldn’t recover from a serious injury.
Imagine Zion if he didn’t have to jump into the fire. He would be looking at serious coin. Instead we had nothing on that side and he had to take a freshman year of abuse on and off the field. You guys crucified him in here.
LSU started two true freshmen on their OL this year and made it to the SEC Championship

Texas had multiple freshmen.

what's your point again?

Advertisement

People can say what they want about Miami being a fairweather fan environment.... but when the teams are winning, Miami fans show the Fu*k OUT for their teams. Atmosphere's are always dope in Miami when the squads are winning.

LSU started two true freshmen on their OL this year and made it to the SEC Championship

Texas had multiple freshmen.

what's your point again?
I think both 5 stars will get better as the season goes but to start immediately might be dangerous. If i remember correctly Jayden Daniel's was running for his life against FSU this year and FSU Dline wasn't anything amazing. Combine that with TVD being less then mobile not sure how the 2 five stars would hold up against A&M.

anyone concerned that a starting OL at Bama is transferring?

He was starting to lose snaps in a 3 man rotation at G. to one of the Freshman Booker. the other G in that rotation is graduating so its not like he was losing his spot next year anyway. Some have said he wants to kick outside, others mentioned GF graduated Bama and could just be looking somewhere to go for a year before he tries to go pro. I'm just glad to have him.

He's a plug in play with what we have to work with at Oline but he's probably not going to be an All American guy as far as expectations.

Advertisement
He was starting to lose snaps in a 3 man rotation at G. to one of the Freshman Booker. the other G in that rotation is graduating so its not like he was losing his spot next year anyway. Some have said he wants to kick outside, others mentioned GF graduated Bama and could just be looking somewhere to go for a year before he tries to go pro. I'm just glad to have him.

He's a plug in play with what we have to work with at Oline but he's probably not going to be an All American guy as far as expectations.
He’s more then solid imo kid was second team all sec this year and I watched his game tape he’s gonna help us out and turn us into a legit offensive line

Advertisement
Back