Jason Whitlocks prediction on next UM coach

Advertisement
If Chip Kelly is fired or whatever, he's going to Tennessee to reunite Mariota. They just fired Whisenhunt(thank god) so it's just waiting for him at this point.

Many are saying that but it doesn't make sense. I college coach with what many considered to be a gimmicky offense for the NFL just failed at his first job and you think he will be automatically offered another job? I think Chip is gonna get fired and he is gonna go back to college, not saying its Miami by any means, but I think the NFL is done with him as a HC for a minute.

Match made in heaven. Never been a more perfect philosophical fit for this program and its recruiting base than Chip.

Whitlock was right about Folden being a fraud. Hopefully he's right on this.

He's not going to bring that Oregon, 3 DL in a Frog stance, D with him is he?

Football is an offensive game these days. Gone are the days of winning with defense. You just need a few stops here and there. He can run whatever defense he wants.

He nearly won a couple NCs at Oregon doing what he does. With access to MUCH BETTER talent here he'd be wrecking ****.

Terrible fit, wouldn't work at all with the south florida kids, its well known that he doesn't like players with attitudes or those that are outspoken, He demands complete obedience from his players and the ballers down here aren't raised that way.

Match made in heaven. Never been a more perfect philosophical fit for this program and its recruiting base than Chip.

I disagree. He will waste all our fantastic defensive talent down here -- even worse than Al. As big splash goes, sure it is. But actually getting another NC? I doubt it. Besides, dude is use to Nike doing his recruiting. Plus, BOT is nervous about Butch who got a Clearance letter form ncaa, now they should hire a dude with a real live you cheated Show Cause Letter.

We KNOW that Butch and SO Fl talent go together like grits and eggs. We are only assuming Chip does.

Awful post. Get out of the 90s. And Butch didn't do that well defensively for such a purported defensive mastermind. His defenses at his most recent stop were downright pedestrian.

Advertisement
0% chance of this happening. I'm an Eagles fan and he will be coaching for at least 2 more years even if the team completely collapses this season. He has the owner, Lurie, firmly on his side and has had GM powers for only one offseason while making great pick ups on the defensive side of the ball. The team absolutely wants to give him the same chance to do the same for the offensive side.

He would absolutely lay waste to all of CFB down here, and give zero ***** about anyone's feelings or what the douchebags in the media have to say about it. He fits the Miami mold perfectly. It would be absolutely glorious.

I just can't see a snowball's chance in **** of it actually coming to fruition. But hey, what the heck, it's nice to dream.

Can someone explain to me what happened with all the players claiming he was racist.. I think that was a lazy term to use bc
I believe they said he wanted the clean cut yes sir no sir type player. Can he work with the savages we have down here or would he be another Goldie kicking off players like Paul, Gadbois, etc. Could he handle miami players?.. and lets be honest.. there is a different kind of player here then Oregon... and when he was out of his comfort zone in Philly he started purging the roster to what many believed were personal decisions based on players character.

Great coach.. but thats one question about him I think about.. The attrition here has been damning to our depth under Goldies tenure.

Regardless... I dont care if we win with choir boys or savages at this point. Just need to win.

He's an egotistical hardcore dictator. That plays much better in college than in the NFL. NFL guys don't want to hear that stuff.

Won't happen but I'd like to see us get some real SOB who would BURY all of these ACC pansies and tell the media to go straight to ****.

Advertisement
Gone are the days of winning with defense.

When did those days end? After the three Bama titles? Was it after FSU won the title with the top-ranked defense? Maybe those days ended when Oregon finally won the big one.

Defense still wins championships. Everybody remembers Urban's offenses, but they forget that his defenses have been loaded with NFL players.

It's the same thing going on in the NBA. People focus on how the Warriors shoot and ignore the fact that they were the best defensive team in the league. You need both.

When did those days end? After the three Bama titles? Was it after FSU won the title with the top-ranked defense? Maybe those days ended when Oregon finally won the big one.

Defense still wins championships. Everybody remembers Urban's offenses, but they forget that his defenses have been loaded with NFL players.

It's the same thing going on in the NBA. People focus on how the Warriors shoot and ignore the fact that they were the best defensive team in the league. You need both.

FSU won because of Jameis. Don't get it twisted. Sure, they played good defense too, but they won because of Jameis. They were playing good defense with EJ Manuel and couldn't get out of the 3 loss world.

Bama, with all their defense, hasn't done **** in awhile. They always face their waterloo against good offensive teams.

Urb doesn't win anything without a high-powered offense.

Of course, the best scenario is to have a high-powered offense and a strong defense. But guys who are expecting to shut teams down and win with defense first are going to be really sad, D. It just doesn't work that way anymore. You need to be able to score points in bunches these days to win.

If you don't think Chip Kelly could win a NC here after he nearly won a couple with mostly 3 star guys at Oregon, then we'll just agree to disagree. I think we probably will disagree given your penchant for guys like Chaz *******.

Advertisement

Potatoes have apparently not noticed that Oregon still hasn't raised a crystal trophy and teams like Baylor and TCU can't get in the top four despite scoring 60 points per game.

Potatoes have apparently not noticed that Oregon still hasn't raised a crystal trophy and teams like Baylor and TCU can't get in the top four despite scoring 60 points per game.

LOL. This dyck face is calling me a potato for thinking Chip Kelly would kill it at UM like it's some sort of novel proposition. Talk about diluting the word "potato".

In case you haven't noticed, Chip Kelly isn't at Oregon any longer. And the season isn't over either, so TCU and Baylor still have a shot. Most teams would **** their pants having to deal with Baylor.

Advertisement

I disagree. He will waste all our fantastic defensive talent down here -- even worse than Al. As big splash goes, sure it is. But actually getting another NC? I doubt it. Besides, dude is use to Nike doing his recruiting. Plus, BOT is nervous about Butch who got a Clearance letter form ncaa, now they should hire a dude with a real live you cheated Show Cause Letter.

We KNOW that Butch and SO Fl talent go together like grits and eggs. We are only assuming Chip does.

Awful post. Get out of the 90s. And Butch didn't do that well defensively for such a purported defensive mastermind. His defenses at his most recent stop were downright pedestrian.

90's? Crap, man, I still pray in Latin, so 90's are WAY too recent for me unless we are talking 1890. I am more concerned with what he might do at Miami. The last Miami defense he put together was fairly good as I recall.

LOL. This dyck face is calling me a potato for thinking Chip Kelly would kill it at UM like it's some sort of novel proposition. Talk about diluting the word "potato".

In case you haven't noticed, Chip Kelly isn't at Oregon any longer. And the season isn't over either, so TCU and Baylor still have a shot. Most teams would **** their pants having to deal with Baylor.

Every year we hear about the teams that light up the scoreboard, and every year we watch someone with a defense win the championship.

In case you didn't notice, Oregon was still piling up points with the best offensive player in college football, even without Chip Kelly. And in other breaking news, they put up their lowest point total of the year when they went up against a team that plays defense.

Gary Patterson is a better fit than Chip Kelly. **** that option read bs. A spread downfield attack is the perfect offense for UM with a 4-2-5 hybrid defense.

Advertisement
Back