Jason Whitlocks prediction on next UM coach

How do you think they became a national brand?

Man, if only they decided to recruit better players on defense...

How dense can you be? Oregon chooses not to focus on defense. I really didn't think anyone still questioned this.

2014 - blown out, no defense
2013 - eliminated when the offense didn't show up, defense allowed 42 points
2012 - lost as the #1 team in the country when Stanford, who plays defense, stuck it up their ***; offense score 14 pts
2011 - outscored twice, giving up 38 and 40 points

What was your argument again?

Seriously dude your an idiot!

Your now saying they choose not to recruit top players in defense but only 3 stars. That's the lamest argument I have ever heard in my life.

I can see it now... Chip: "Why do you have the 5 star DE on the board? He will take to much effort and we are not a school that plays defense, put that 3 star back up there and take all those 4 and 5 stars down."

And you really have the nerve to call someone else dense when you know that your making stuff up just to float this nonsensical argument. You understand that this isnt Hockey right? They actually have two sides of the ball and their recruiting rankings are based on both sides of the ball.

You actually stated that these schools could get who they want but they choose not to get bigger names.

You tell me how that's not the stupidest thing ever said on this board.

When you can show me a school that avg a top 5 class year in and year out and then show me how their defense fails because they run and up tempo offense we will listen but until then we all know your desperately making stuff up simply because your simple mind is so biased towards one coach that its not even allowing you to look at things objectively. It has total control, its lazy as **** and its embarrassing you. Just stop already, stop.

Advertisement
I'm done because you've made up your mind, and you're arguing nonsense.

Oregon chooses not to play defense? Does that mean teams that are good on defense choose not to play offense? Is that why Stanford hasn't won a title, because they choose not to be good on offense?

Did Alabama choose not to play defense when Ole Miss scored 43 on them? What about when Ohio St* scored 42 on them in the playoffs last year? What about in 2013 when Auburn scored 34, and Oklahoma scored 45?

Has LSU chosen not to be good on offense the last 8 years?

You can be good on offense AND defense. There is plenty of evidence of this, but you choose to ignore it and simply say those teams were good on defense, as if it were an accident that they were good on offense, too.

You simply don't understand the sport if you don't get that programs emphasize certain aspects of the game. Baylor is so good in their passing game because they literally spend 80% of their time perfecting it. There aren't two sides of the practice field where each unit is working on their own thing. Art Briles chooses offense. Same with Mike Leach. It's impossible to have a QB who throws for 500 yards per game AND a vicious, attacking defense. There just aren't enough hours in the week.

Sure, every now and then a team puts it together on both sides of the field. But no one does it consistently. The teams that play defense, however, are typically the most consistent. Your Oregons and Baylors are the ones who are all over the place.

The fact that you stated this, as if it were fact, invalidates almost any other argument you can make regarding actual football conversation.

The college game isn't like little league, or some high school teams, where the best players go both ways so offense and defense may not get equal reps.

The college game is like the pro game ...

The defense actually does spend all of their time working on their own thing. Sometimes, it's against scout opposition ... Which is why roster depth really matters. But they are absolutely getting the same amount of reps the offense gets to practice what they do.

And Baylor is so good on offense because Art Briles is a wizard with his system, and he's got a feel for calling plays. He's also got really good athletes on offense.

Gone are the days of winning with defense.

When did those days end? After the three Bama titles? Was it after FSU won the title with the top-ranked defense? Maybe those days ended when Oregon finally won the big one.

Defense still wins championships. Everybody remembers Urban's offenses, but they forget that his defenses have been loaded with NFL players.

It's the same thing going on in the NBA. People focus on how the Warriors shoot and ignore the fact that they were the best defensive team in the league. You need both.

You need a great defense and to be able to run the ball when you have to. That's what wins championships.

[MENTION=1165]Dwinstitles[/MENTION] is gonna love your post.

Its the truth every sport defense wins, miami needs a defense its whats been crippling us. We have a good enough iffense to wi this ***** acc. Dmoney is spot on and people want to ignore it. What has oregon done nothing, if oregon were miami we would hang those coaches for never winning a title.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back