Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont sweat marshall... still not over. I'm not sure what exactly happen.. havent had time to read off of this but either way.. James burns and Malik are going to be playmakers.. James will make everybody great.. Dont Panic... Tim Burns is the Miami Badger
Let's just see these kids play before we put titles on them.

Advertisement
Can't fire someone mid-cycle/right before the season starts. He's pulled 4 stars out of his *** the past few cycles and has done just enough to keep his job but unless he grabs Brown or another elite prospect, I see Manny moving on from him.
Yea he did that last minute **** that's not a good way to recruit. Yea after this season he needs to be let go and patke and bring ace recruiters. We can't land an elite corner it seems like ever. My only thing I'm worried is closing cause I know if and the rest will put the press on. We need to make sure we sign these guys early....and it will have nothing to do with wins n losses IMO
Agree with you that’s probably the toughest position to recruit (wrs as well)

And that’s the danger for Um when they hire not only a former cane but a local high school head coach.

If he sucks you can’t just fire him because there will be backlash. You know these local coaches use any excuse to steer their kids away from um when in reality they want that $ec bag since the $ec bag is the heaviest.

Then we get **** from the local coaches if we don’t take the kids the $ec don’t want or the $ec dumps a kid at the last minute because they got a better recruit.
That's why I'm against hiring guys like that cause we will look real bad.....it's a lose lose situation. The sec will not go down without a fight they will try their best to not let us sign a class like this. They want us ruined they do not want us to show any form of life as a program. If we close great but they will up the level the following year.......something happened that day with JM and now I see it as he was never coming here or UF got him last minute with the Ole Anthony McFarland bag.

Something doesn't seem right here. How does a kid go from being almost committed to UM then switch to UF all of a sudden. Now he is recruiting for UF. Kid was been trolling.

The excuses you guys make for Rumph are unbelievable.

Fine let’s say all those guys were anomalies. It doesn’t change the fact that he’s terrible recruiter.

And he’s so terrible he wasn’t involved in recruiting one of the top players at the position he’s paid a lot of money to coach.

So the question you have ask yourself is Rumph so good at teaching dbs that it is significantly outweighed by his poor recruiting ability?

I think you could get a coach who is a much better recruiter and maybe a notch below Rumph as a coach. It doesn’t guarantee you’ll get five stars but god forbid we have a db coach that’s actually allowed to recruit a five star and said five star cites said db coach as the main reason we are being considered.
No excuses. Just looking at reality. Go back and revisit the 🚨🚨!Rumph thread!🚨🚨, particularly post #249 on page 13. Below is an excerpt.

"Ima say this and leave it alone. What Rumph can do is coach everybody; what Rumph cannot do is identify a cb and green light an offer. If you are going to blame anyone for missing cb targets, it should be 1. Diaz & 2. Banda. Mike has a directive on exactly what he can do regarding recruiting."
Rumph does not have control of CB recruiting.

Last edited:
The recruiting level we're recruiting at is the best it's been. I doubt anyone is upset about the job that the staff is doing as a whole.

Marshall doesn't break the class...for a playoff team. They have guys readily available at CB already on their team or another Top 200 kid as a backup plan when plan A doesn't go through. don't have either so when it seems as if the staff has finally turned the corner on a position that they've continued to struggle with for years and he commits elsewhere, some of us are going to be a bit upset.
It's crazy how y'all be ****ting on our corners like they don't have the talent to dominate. It was a late push at Marshall right? We tried but maybe he scared of the competition here and ran to fla. We got some young ballers and I will take every last one of em over someone who not here straight up. We wasn't hard on him from the jump for a reason.

Advertisement
Yea he did that last minute **** that's not a good way to recruit. Yea after this season he needs to be let go and patke and bring ace recruiters. We can't land an elite corner it seems like ever. My only thing I'm worried is closing cause I know if and the rest will put the press on. We need to make sure we sign these guys early....and it will have nothing to do with wins n losses IMO

That's why I'm against hiring guys like that cause we will look real bad.....it's a lose lose situation. The sec will not go down without a fight they will try their best to not let us sign a class like this. They want us ruined they do not want us to show any form of life as a program. If we close great but they will up the level the following year.......something happened that day with JM and now I see it as he was never coming here or UF got him last minute with the Ole Anthony McFarland bag.
Ironically, Rumph was probably the last one (or close to it, maybe Rolle).

The reality is we never have successfully recruited CBs on a regular basis. Sure, anyone can go back and identify a CB that left here as an All American but they weren't recruited as such. They were developed. Most of them would be now a days high 3* or 4* with traits that could be coached up. That was our sweet spot.

With that said we have 3 months to sign another CB. This **** hurts but it's been happening since Patrick Johnson. if this was a bag and or troll job, nothing we can do but keep grinding.Expand the board look everywhere, start winning, flip others that are committed else where. We can't let one decision damperan unbelievable class. Who thought we'd be where we are recruiting wise based on last year.?

Advertisement
Something doesn't seem right here. How does a kid go from being almost committed to UM then switch to UF all of a sudden. Now he is recruiting for UF. Kid was been trolling.
and a bama lean for how long?

Killed the hype? Lol this kid

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200809-210230_1.png
    Screenshot_20200809-210230_1.png
    126.6 KB · Views: 158
That’s the point. Recruiting prowess is more important than coaching.

How many three stars or low four stars has Saban “coached up” into the first or second round?

Yes I agree recruiting is hard especially at his position. We have to be realistic.

But my goodness he’s losing all the battles even the ones where we have an inside advantage.

We have won battles against the $ec look at recently and on signing day this year.

We aren’t gonna win them all but is 1 out of every 4 too much to expect from him?

Ok what about 1 out of 5?

Do you think it's just some odd coincidence that the top recruits go to top on the field performing schools?

You gotta show them you can win, then the recruits will follow.

This year is a bit different, but how many battles you think we'll win when it comes to put pen to paper if this season we go 7-5 or even 8-4. It'll be flip city and we'll regain our former title, Decommitment U.

How many battles do I expect to win against top programs (where the top guys go instead of here), not many. We haven't been winning many either. Not sure why anyone would expect us to when we're continually shown the elites want winners and we've been losers. Fans continually ***** about our coaches, why should recruits believe in them when we don't.

Recruiting is all about realistic expectations. Our fans don't usually have that. Off to a good start, fair to good class last year, gotta build off that. It's gotta happen on the field and if it does, the elite recruits will follow. Gotta give them something tangible.

Can't fire someone mid-cycle/right before the season starts. He's pulled 4 stars out of his *** the past few cycles and has done just enough to keep his job but unless he grabs Brown or another elite prospect, I see Manny moving on from him.
Manny would have to. He's had five 4* CB so far and produced:
1. UDFA-Bandy
2. XFL - Dean
3. Blades Jr is above average.
4. Frierson transitioned to Striker
5. Ivey is an underachiever.

For comparisons sake, UF went through 3 different position coaches and had one less 4* CB than us and produced:
1. 4th rounder Gardener-Johnson
2. 1st rounder CJ Henderson
3. Stewart is their starting S.
4.Wilson was looking like an All-American as a FR before the ACL tear.

Advertisement
Ironically, Rumph was probably the last one (or close to it, maybe Rolle).

The reality is we never have successfully recruited CBs on a regular basis. Sure, anyone can go back and identify a CB that left here as an All American but they weren't recruited as such. They were developed. Most of them would be now a days high 3* or 4* with traits that could be coached up. That was our sweet spot.
Brandon Harris and Tracy Howard come long after Rumph and Rolle.

Pretty sure he just told all staffs what they wanted to hear.. Probably committed to all staffs.. EVERY insider for all three teams felt confident afff, before the whole aug 1st fiasco the other 2 teams felt we were distant 3rd and not even a worry while our guys felt we had it locked up.. When every insider believes they are the guy.. you know what time it is..

Alot of people earned their first crootin season stripes.. Dont blow your load celebrating crystal ******* balls..

Advertisement
Brandon Harris and Tracy Howard come long after Rumph and Rolle.
My bad, I thought he said elite. (sarcasm added)

For those that keep claiming recruiting is much more important than coaching, those are two good examples of players that didn't play up to expectations, and it wasn't because of missed evaluations or being overrated.

Last edited:
Even Paul williams would of landed atleast 1 elite CB .
Rumph has not only missed every elite DB, but had missed on every 2nd tier DB and even some 3rd tier DB.

Rumph just doesn’t have it and it been obvious for a few years now.

The 11th hour pick ups and WR/ CB recruitments are huge red flags.

What does our roster look like if didn’t flip Couch? If we didn’t land Williams or Dunson last minute ?

We have trouble landing LBs and CBs. Look no further then who is coaching/ recruiting them.

Bye bye Rumph and Patke!

What does my sister Christine look like if she has balls and a ****? Chris.

What if we didn't this or that is a pretty dumb way to look at things when it's already happened and we did.

Does anyone know how long we were on those late commits or flips? You do know that happens every year in recruiting, right?

We fill up early, but then people ***** when nothing happens late. Some people are never happy.

It's crazy how y'all be ****ting on our corners like they don't have the talent to dominate. It was a late push at Marshall right? We tried but maybe he scared of the competition here and ran to fla. We got some young ballers and I will take every last one of em over someone who not here straight up. We wasn't hard on him from the jump for a reason.
I'm more so ****ting on Rumph in particular. What competition would Marshall have? Besides Blades and Ivey, it's pretty bare in terms of experience. Look I love our players as well, but I'm not going to be delusional just because I'm a fan. If the young ballers were All-ACC and solid players I'd be right there with you, but no one has proven anything outside of Blades Jr.

So now that we lost him our coaches didn't even want him from the jump? A guy that's been on several unofficials and invited to Junior Day. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back