Jason Blissett Update

Advertisement
We will also have Pat Bethel at NT next year so we are fine for now. In the 2019 class, just off of their size, Holley looks the most like a 1 Tech to me. He's listed at 6'2'' 280 pounds so I think he could develop into a quality nose tackle.

We should’ve learned our lesson by now counting 3-4 year guys as part of the next years roster. I mean if those two dt left this year , it wouldn’t be crazy if Bethel left after a good Jr year.

We should’ve learned our lesson by now counting 3-4 year guys as part of the next years roster. I mean if those two dt left this year , it wouldn’t be crazy if Bethel left after a good Jr year.
Fair point, I just think it's unlikely he leaves. You are right tho, we never know for sure.

It would be crazy. Norton and McIntosh were legit NFL prospects before the season and returning starters.

I never get the assumption on here that every Junior will leave. We had 3 guys leave early, that's it.

Bethel needs to prove a lot over the next two years to even get drafted

It would be crazy. Norton and McIntosh were legit NFL prospects before the season and returning starters.

I never get the assumption on here that every Junior will leave. We had 3 guys leave early, that's it.

Nobody viewed them as legit nfl prospects last year lol, everyone had them coming back this year. There was post after post how great the dL will be with those guys returning.

They were both very inconsistent during their time here ,even last year they’d disappear for periods .

Its not crazy to think Bethel could have a nice year and jump, I mean he’s starting so it’s possible.

I mean if those two left with 4-6 th round grades then anyone can leave, just have a grade lol.

One of these days you guys will learn , we play this game every year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DMoney posted his Sparc rating on a different threat and it was very high for a DL, this kid is athletic, our coaches saw him in person against some good OL (some committed to us) and got an offer! He was around our players and were able to determine his fit/personality. That is all I need to know. Now if he had never come down to our camp I could see some of the questions. Call me super happy when he commits!

I'll enjoy your super happiness.

I'm not sure of anything when I saw Olsen Pierre starting for Arizona and played pretty. Bethel will be a much better player this year, development, experience and strength are all better, count on it.

Advertisement
If he were coming here to play NT I would be worried because I don't see him as being a guy who can just take up space and plug the hole in the middle. I do, however, think he can develop into a pretty good player in the RJ McIntosh role.

A very good player, a pretty good player... Who of our interior DL targets or commits do you think can be the elite player? I'll be honest, I love my O and G glasses, but this one feels like a reach to me. There's some **** decent in state prospects we're passing on to take this one.

A very good player, a pretty good player... Who of our interior DL targets or commits do you think can be the elite player? I'll be honest, I love my O and G glasses, but this one feels like a reach to me. There's some **** decent in state prospects we're passing on to take this one.

Who Hunter and Fuller?? Lol not in our locker room.

Kancey had his shot and blew it

We are third for Davis.

Morris has injuries.

The kid is a Top 30 DT that is smart and Sparq is pretty high. And he is a Brooklyn dude, so he is tough.

Another questionable take by this staff. This year's recruiting leaves much to be desired
Questionable? Have you seen his highlight film? The kid is a fantastic 3tech DT prospect. Its not that often that you see that type of lateral quickness and athleticism in a DT prospect. His feet and closing burst are elite IMO. I think this is a great evaluation by Simpson. Munoz, Holley and Blisset are a great start. Add Ingraham and call it a day. I have heard that 5 DTs in this class is a possibility but not sure about that.

Braylen Ingraham is a next level prospect. Bogle is also elite. Harvey also very good but I want to see more before I call him elite.

Advertisement
Nobody viewed them as legit nfl prospects last year lol, everyone had them coming back this year. There was post after post how great the dL will be with those guys returning.

They were both very inconsistent during their time here ,even last year they’d disappear for periods .

Its not crazy to think Bethel could have a nice year and jump, I mean he’s starting so it’s possible.

I mean if those two left with 4-6 th round grades then anyone can leave, just have a grade lol.

One of these days you guys will learn , we play this game every year.

They had those draft grades going into their Junior season. Bethel is off the radar and he's looking at 2 former teammates who made big mistakes a year earlier. I'd have his chances at leaving at nearly non existent.

Questionable? Have you seen his highlight film? The kid is a fantastic 3tech DT prospect. Its not that often that you see that type of lateral quickness and athleticism in a DT prospect. His feet and closing burst are elite IMO. I think this is a great evaluation by Simpson. Munoz, Holley and Blisset are a great start. Add Ingraham and call it a day. I have heard that 5 DTs in this class is a possibility but not sure about that.
i would be happy with 4-5 dt's and de's. once we have that depth on both lines we are going to be contending for a NC every year.
DB was the one other position i was worried about depth wise but we have a soph, and a bunch of freshman so next year we will be fine depth wise there.

Advertisement
They had those draft grades going into their Junior season. Bethel is off the radar and he's looking at 2 former teammates who made big mistakes a year earlier. I'd have his chances at leaving at nearly non existent.

Pretty sure they had 4-6 round grades going into this draft. Which is insane to leave as a jr, and that’s their business. I’m just stating fact.

My point is if they left with that horrible of a grade it wouldn’t be nuts for bethel to have a good year and bounce. That’s why you recruit as if those jr’s are leaving. Where you won’t get caught with the thin depth we have now.

Bethel might have a solid year and stay , but my point is it’s not crazy to think he could leave.

I’m sure the staff has learned from that. And that’s why they’re ok with taking up to five dt’s.

Pretty sure they had 4-6 round grades going into this draft. Which is insane to leave as a jr, and that’s their business. I’m just stating fact.

My point is if they left with that horrible of a grade it wouldn’t be nuts for bethel to have a good year and bounce. That’s why you recruit as if those jr’s are leaving. Where you won’t get caught with the thin depth we have now.

Bethel might have a solid year and stay , but my point is it’s not crazy to think he could leave.

I’m sure the staff has learned from that. And that’s why they’re ok with taking up to five dt’s.
Bethel's dad played here. he might care more about the program than those other two did.

I’ll say it until NSD, Weaver is a DT here. Already 245 at DE.

I’ll say it until NSD, Weaver is a DT here. Already 245 at DE.
he is not a d tackle just because he is well built at d end. All of the top 5 defensive end recruits this class are 240+ and no one is saying they will play inside. Weight is not the only factor that determines that and at 6'6 245 is not a lot of weight.

Advertisement
Back