Jason Blissett Update

I like his upside a lot. He plays defensive end right now but will play 3 technique if he comes to Miami. Right now he relies too much on pure strength and athleticism but Simpson will be able to coach him up. Really like how quick he is. Needs to get stronger, but that's everyone coming out of high school. Will not enroll early so might not be ready right away. I think he can develop into a very good player and so does Coach Simpson. One thing I will add is his attitude is great. He puts his head down and grinds without worrying about distractions.

Good looking, my guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm concerned about our recruiting at QB but not really anywhere else. Look at the guys we brought in last year on DL (Rosseau, Miller, Nesta), that's a good as anyone in the country and we arent handing out bags with LOIs lol. Aside from Nesta, great evaluations by the staff, I think everyone knew Nesta was a baller. The other two were hidden gems.

This is what you want at DT.. Big, Athletic, aggressive and has room to GROW! Someone mentioned he had a 4.4 shuttle at a camp. If that's true, jesussssss!!! That's crazy acceleration for a kid that size. I like it!

DMoney posted his Sparc rating on a different threat and it was very high for a DL, this kid is athletic, our coaches saw him in person against some good OL (some committed to us) and got an offer! He was around our players and were able to determine his fit/personality. That is all I need to know. Now if he had never come down to our camp I could see some of the questions. Call me super happy when he commits!

If the coaches feel he can play for them and win then bring him on board. These drama queens in SoFla is going to realize real soon they get an offer they better jump on it.

I like his upside a lot. He plays defensive end right now but will play 3 technique if he comes to Miami. Right now he relies too much on pure strength and athleticism but Simpson will be able to coach him up. Really like how quick he is. Needs to get stronger, but that's everyone coming out of high school. Will not enroll early so might not be ready right away. I think he can develop into a very good player and so does Coach Simpson. One thing I will add is his attitude is great. He puts his head down and grinds without worrying about distractions.

That can really lead to him becoming a great player. So does this knock out Davis or Ingraham... How many on the DL do we realistically take?

Advertisement
DMoney posted his Sparc rating on a different threat and it was very high for a DL, this kid is athletic, our coaches saw him in person against some good OL (some committed to us) and got an offer! He was around our players and were able to determine his fit/personality. That is all I need to know. Now if he had never come down to our camp I could see some of the questions. Call me super happy when he commits!

He ran a 5.13 at 271 pounds, had a 4.40 short-shuttle, a 37.5 Powerball throw, a 29.5" vertical jump, and had an overall 94.44 SPARQ. He tested as an 83rd percentile athlete at his position overall. That's out of 191 DT's to complete all tests and was above-average in every single event.

Gerald Willis was an 89th percentile athlete for comparison' sake.

That short shuttle is crazy good for 270lbs

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I was replying to you in that I was stating he also has an offer from Texas a&m, his best offer besides us.

I was referring to the second portion of your comment. Minnesota has a better record then TAMU over the past few years. They are better then Cuse and Indy though. I will give you that.

I was referring to the second portion of your comment. Minnesota has a better record then TAMU over the past few years. They are better then Cuse and Indy though. I will give you that.

I’m a little confused at this point, but I think Blissett could be a good addition to the recruiting class. I also think the vast majority of recruits and college football fans would consider Texas A&M much more of a recruiting threat than Minn, regardless of their records in recent years. Just my opinion of course..

Good news. So that would make Williams, Harvey, Munoz, Holley and Blissett. That's a solid haul so far. Need a couple marquee names to wrap this out of Ingraham, Bogle, Summerall, Weaver, Morris, Fuller or some new name that emerges. Wouldn't mind seeing a grad transfer at DE if one can be found.

1st Team: Garvin, Rousseau/Patchan, Ford, Bethel
2nd Team: Rousseau/Patchan, ***Freshman***, Silvera, Miller
3rd Team: Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, Martin (maybe)

Advertisement
Back