Jason Blissett Update

He ran a 5.13 at 271 pounds, had a 4.40 short-shuttle, a 37.5 Powerball throw, a 29.5" vertical jump, and had an overall 94.44 SPARQ. He tested as an 83rd percentile athlete at his position overall. That's out of 191 DT's to complete all tests and was above-average in every single event.

Gerald Willis was an 89th percentile athlete for comparison' sake.

That short shuttle is crazy good for 270lbs

Yep. And Willis was a 5* (or very **** close to it) coming out of high school. By the numbers, Blissett is about as athletic as it gets for a DT recruit. That's ridiculous potential for a DLine coach.

Advertisement
Good news. So that would make Williams, Harvey, Munoz, Holley and Blissett. That's a solid haul so far. Need a couple marquee names to wrap this out of Ingraham, Bogle, Summerall, Weaver, Morris, Fuller or some new name that emerges. Wouldn't mind seeing a grad transfer at DE if one can be found.

1st Team: Garvin, Rousseau/Patchan, Ford, Bethel
2nd Team: Rousseau/Patchan, ***Freshman***, Silvera, Miller
3rd Team: Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, Martin (maybe)

I think the key question at DE next year will be Joyner. If he can stick as the 2nd Team WDE then that takes the pressure off having to rely on a Freshman DE in the 2-deep. If one steps up and takes that spot, then great. But we don't want to have to go into next season depending on that to happen.

We need 4 DEs and 4 DTs to replenish. Which is why I'm in the camp of only signing 1 WR in Ladson unless Haselwood wants in. Haselwood is a take no matter what. But if he opts out, I say load up on the DLine.

We need 4 DEs and 4 DTs to replenish. Which is why I'm in the camp of only signing 1 WR in Ladson unless Haselwood wants in. Haselwood is a take no matter what. But if he opts out, I say load up on the DLine.

Thinking you mean Jeremiah Payton?

Advertisement
4 DE: Williams, Harvey, _________(1), ___________ (2)
4 DT: Munoz, Holley, Blissett, _______(1)

If I were to venture a guess based on latest sentiment, Weaver, Summerall and Ingraham. But who knows. And if we have a really good season, more names will emerge. Better get on the plan now, because seats are filling up.

Good news. So that would make Williams, Harvey, Munoz, Holley and Blissett. That's a solid haul so far. Need a couple marquee names to wrap this out of Ingraham, Bogle, Summerall, Weaver, Morris, Fuller or some new name that emerges. Wouldn't mind seeing a grad transfer at DE if one can be found.

1st Team: Garvin, Rousseau/Patchan, Ford, Bethel
2nd Team: Rousseau/Patchan, ***Freshman***, Silvera, Miller
3rd Team: Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, Martin (maybe)
Martin is gone after this year

So Ingraham makes 4 DT’s which is what I thought the staff would take if this New York dude and Ingraham commit. Then at DE Summerall, Weaver, and Bogle. Pick 2 of 3 or all of them would give Miami 4-5 DE commits barring any decommitments (Maybe Williams?)

DMoney posted his Sparc rating on a different threat and it was very high for a DL, this kid is athletic, our coaches saw him in person against some good OL (some committed to us) and got an offer! He was around our players and were able to determine his fit/personality. That is all I need to know. Now if he had never come down to our camp I could see some of the questions. Call me super happy when he commits!

Miami dudes are the Southern version of Brooklyn cats. He should fit the locker room like a Glove

Advertisement
Another questionable take by this staff. This year's recruiting leaves much to be desired
I remember when you said that about Richt’s first real class in ‘17 and he hit on almost everybody. Keep your ****** takes to yourself...there’s a reason why you were band and exiled for a year.

Nah, defensive staff has a lot to prove before I trust their evaluations
So there aren’t any players on our defense that give u confidence in our defensive staffs evaluations??
Don’t respond to him. It’s that guy’s MO since forever. Him, Frank....all these miserable ***** disappeared last year for a reason.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he were coming here to play NT I would be worried because I don't see him as being a guy who can just take up space and plug the hole in the middle. I do, however, think he can develop into a pretty good player in the RJ McIntosh role.

How are we looking for 1Tech's? It seems like we're in pretty good shape for the three tech type of guys, but on the current roster, only Jordan Miller and, maybe Jon Ford seem fit to fill that role? Is there anyone in the '19 class (either already committed or that we're in serious contention for) that you'd look to who can add depth early and eventually be an all-conference level starter at the NT spot?

How are we looking for 1Tech's? It seems like we're in pretty good shape for the three tech type of guys, but on the current roster, only Jordan Miller and, maybe Jon Ford seem fit to fill that role? Is there anyone in the '19 class (either already committed or that we're in serious contention for) that you'd look to who can add depth early and eventually be an all-conference level starter at the NT spot?
We will also have Pat Bethel at NT next year so we are fine for now. In the 2019 class, just off of their size, Holley looks the most like a 1 Tech to me. He's listed at 6'2'' 280 pounds so I think he could develop into a quality nose tackle.

Advertisement
Back