Jarvis Brownlee note

Advertisement
Ignorance is astounding. We’ve lost battles to USF before.... just the name of the game. Sean Price, Kayvon Webster, Ryne Giddins. All guys UM recruited and wanted and chose USF instead. UCF is not that far away from being a P5 team and they’ve had their fair share of guys in the League. Go downvote in 3,2,1....

Advertisement
Jesus Christ, this board never ceases to amaze me when it comes to their naivety regarding kids.

Kids don't care how "elite" your defense is if the team is still losing.
You guys really think kids are okay with going 7-5 as long as they play on a good defense?

Maybe schools like UCF tell defensive recruits that their struggling defense is the exact reason that they're so important to the class. A lot of kids want to play early. If a team's defense sucks, he thinks he can play early and help turn it around.

Kids want to win and have fun. (which is what they're doing in Orlando right now)
They also love whatever flavor is hot at the moment.

I had a kid who was legitimately interested in Oregon over Clemson, VT and a dozen other schools. When I said to the kid..."Why? They don't play any defense at that school." His response was "I can play early and dominate in that conference."

I had a kid choose Syracuse over Texas A&M (who was top-10 at the time) and Oklahoma.
I had another kid choose a Mike Riley led Oregon State (and then Nebraska) over a Gary Patterson coached TCU...simply because he liked coach Riley's personality better.
Gemon Eaford is a 4-star defensive kid who's (hard) committed to Oregon and he has offers from literally everybody in the country.
I got a kid right now who's stuck between UCF and Pitt. And he respects the fact that Pitt plays in the ACC but at the end of the day he wants to be a part of a winning program.

Also, some staffs flat-out recruit better than other staffs. They have cooler, more personable coaches who relate to the kids and make them feel wanted/comfortable. You guys talk as if all recruiting staffs are equal and on-field performance is the only thing that matters. Some of these coaches I meet are legit salesmen.

Some of you have to come down to earth and realize that Miami does not currently hold the status that it used to. Busting your *** and being part of a top-5 defense is NOT FUN when you're on the field all day and losing football games. At the end of the day, the general consensus among kids is "Miami's trash!" I hear it all the time and I've never once heard a kid chime in and say "Yeah but their defense is good!"
Kids don't look-up defensive rankings man! LOL

You n I have been saying the same **** for a long time.

I bolded one of the bigger issues I see on this team. High key, only Hartley is really a dog salesman like that. But you got some staffs that have 7 Hartleys.

Advertisement
I'm from S. Florida, currently live in Orlando and went to school in Trailorhassee (FAMU)...UCF is arguably in the 2nd best location in Florida (outside of S. Florida) so I have no idea what you're talking about that its not a great city...well, U might be right as far as great city but its not horrible...definitely better than Trailorhassee, Gayturdville and even Tampa...

Then you have low expectations. The fact that you have to justify Orlando being a great city by comparing it to gainesville and trailernasty speaks volumes. I've lived their for 6 fcking years, so I don't give 2 ***** for your dopey opinion on the matter. Orlando sucks. Deal with it.

If UCF really sold him on having a better future kids a dumbass. UCF will always be just UCF. they just gave up 60 something points to ******* Memphis. They go undefeated and everyone just laughs at them. If the U goes undefeated it’s ******* glorious worldwide.

Had ESPN on our nut sacks all of last season because of it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's ok because the staff is confident we'll get TS. We just need to convince his mum.

/Corey Bell and Randy Shannon sticking it to us

This time last year everybody felt like they could take us to the CFP and yeah they had a bad year but nobody can watch those games and say they shouldn't have won every single game on the schedule

UCF hasn't been destroying teams like Bama has. UCF has caught a lot of lucky breaks. They're a good program, but posters are carrying this narrative like UCF is cot **** Bama. They're not. If we lose Brownlee, the optics are severely bad. In this respect, I don't care what Macho says. There's a reason every recruit has of going to Y school, as a coach/recruiter, it's your job to sway them to X school. If Brownlee wants to be part of a winning program, maybe we should, I don't know, maybe win?

Jesus Christ, this board never ceases to amaze me when it comes to their naivety regarding kids.

Kids don't care how "elite" your defense is if the team is still losing.
You guys really think kids are okay with going 7-5 as long as they play on a good defense?

Maybe schools like UCF tell defensive recruits that their struggling defense is the exact reason that they're so important to the class. A lot of kids want to play early. If a team's defense sucks, he thinks he can play early and help turn it around.

Kids want to win and have fun. (which is what they're doing in Orlando right now)
They also love whatever flavor is hot at the moment.

I had a kid who was legitimately interested in Oregon over Clemson, VT and a dozen other schools. When I said to the kid..."Why? They don't play any defense at that school." His response was "I can play early and dominate in that conference."

I had a kid choose Syracuse over Texas A&M (who was top-10 at the time) and Oklahoma.
I had another kid choose a Mike Riley led Oregon State (and then Nebraska) over a Gary Patterson coached TCU...simply because he liked coach Riley's personality better.
Gemon Eaford is a 4-star defensive kid who's (hard) committed to Oregon and he has offers from literally everybody in the country.
I got a kid right now who's stuck between UCF and Pitt. And he respects the fact that Pitt plays in the ACC but at the end of the day he wants to be a part of a winning program.

Also, some staffs flat-out recruit better than other staffs. They have cooler, more personable coaches who relate to the kids and make them feel wanted/comfortable. You guys talk as if all recruiting staffs are equal and on-field performance is the only thing that matters. Some of these coaches I meet are legit salesmen.

Some of you have to come down to earth and realize that Miami does not currently hold the status that it used to. Busting your *** and being part of a top-5 defense is NOT FUN when you're on the field all day and losing football games. At the end of the day, the general consensus among kids is "Miami's trash!" I hear it all the time and I've never once heard a kid chime in and say "Yeah but their defense is good!"
Kids don't look-up defensive rankings man! LOL

Oh Corch Nacho preaching the gospel!

0F5D75DB-F62D-4FC3-92C2-0A6A473CB54F.gif

4D10FD43-3146-4AE8-8834-8466F6E08DF9.gif

78432B26-6F65-4E08-B444-520F5D3FF5A3.gif

No wonder these south florida divas taking the bags like they’re going out of style and flipping to the flavor of the month. Such great role models as head coaches.

Tell Felciano to tighten his a$$ up on my raiders.

Advertisement
Back