Jarvis Brownlee note

Jesus Christ, this board never ceases to amaze me when it comes to their naivety regarding kids.

Kids don't care how "elite" your defense is if the team is still losing.
You guys really think kids are okay with going 7-5 as long as they play on a good defense?

Maybe schools like UCF tell defensive recruits that their struggling defense is the exact reason that they're so important to the class. A lot of kids want to play early. If a team's defense sucks, he thinks he can play early and help turn it around.

Kids want to win and have fun. (which is what they're doing in Orlando right now)
They also love whatever flavor is hot at the moment.

I had a kid who was legitimately interested in Oregon over Clemson, VT and a dozen other schools. When I said to the kid..."Why? They don't play any defense at that school." His response was "I can play early and dominate in that conference."

I had a kid choose Syracuse over Texas A&M (who was top-10 at the time) and Oklahoma.
I had another kid choose a Mike Riley led Oregon State (and then Nebraska) over a Gary Patterson coached TCU...simply because he liked coach Riley's personality better.
Gemon Eaford is a 4-star defensive kid who's (hard) committed to Oregon and he has offers from literally everybody in the country.
I got a kid right now who's stuck between UCF and Pitt. And he respects the fact that Pitt plays in the ACC but at the end of the day he wants to be a part of a winning program.

Also, some staffs flat-out recruit better than other staffs. They have cooler, more personable coaches who relate to the kids and make them feel wanted/comfortable. You guys talk as if all recruiting staffs are equal and on-field performance is the only thing that matters. Some of these coaches I meet are legit salesmen.

Some of you have to come down to earth and realize that Miami does not currently hold the status that it used to. Busting your *** and being part of a top-5 defense is NOT FUN when you're on the field all day and losing football games. At the end of the day, the general consensus among kids is "Miami's trash!" I hear it all the time and I've never once heard a kid chime in and say "Yeah but their defense is good!"
Kids don't look-up defensive rankings man! LOL

I really wish you were wrong.

Advertisement
Some have said it already, he wants to win.

LMFAO though that the beach is some attraction for a recruit with his background. That is such an irrelevant thing for most recruits it isn't even funny.
The beach thing was only to point out how trash of a city Orlando is in comparison to Miami

Advertisement
Back