Jarrid Williams part Tres

They both played before they were ready.

I would say the difference is that Nelson has physical tools. He is athletic and knocks people back when he strike them.
They did that man dirty putting him out there against UF senior led DEs with no help, no plan..

He wouldnt of even saw the field at App st but at UM he walked into starting position first day.. Embarrassing times.. Hope he didnt get PTSD. He has a good lawsuit, just show that raping that the whole nation watched.. Someone has to be liable

Advertisement
That's subjective bubba, olinemen takes longer then any other position to learn and zion unfortunately has the hardest position to master LT in my opinoin. How do we know there more talented other then the fact that there older and has played more games? Also, different positions.
You’re right it is, but also that’s my point I wouldn’t have brought them into the conversation Bc different positions but most of the players you named played against better competition in high school, higher ratings, and higher ceilings. I could also be wrong, o line does take time, Just IMO I don’t see it but we’ll see

You’re right it is, but also that’s my point I wouldn’t have brought them into the conversation Bc different positions but most of the players you named played against better competition in high school, higher ratings, and higher ceilings. I could also be wrong, o line does take time, Just IMO I don’t see it but we’ll see
I hear u bubba, were all frustrated with how last year happened! We threw a undersized freshman 2* in against our bitter rival. Recruiting failures everywhere on the oline! But new year, the olinemen he passed up hopefully got a wake up call! Because now here comes rivers, washington, walker, hopefully williams and there better then zion!!

I hear u bubba, were all frustrated with how last year happened! We threw a undersized freshman 2* in against our bitter rival. Recruiting failures everywhere on the oline! But new year, the olinemen he passed up hopefully got a wake up call! Because now here comes rivers, washington, walker, hopefully williams and there better then zion!!
Exactly. I agree! It really falls on the previous coaching staff and their mistakes. It will be exciting and interesting to watch the line come together this year with new crop of talent and the new coach!

Advertisement
Exactly. I agree! It really falls on the previous coaching staff and their mistakes. It will be exciting and interesting to watch the line come together this year with new crop of talent and the new coach!
True that, i wish king would stay f4 21' because taking on bama with a very green tvd or *** king kosi, or martell, or matocha i cringe if the oline isnt on point

True that, i wish king would stay f4 21' because taking on bama with a very green tvd or *** king kosi, or martell, or matocha i cringe if the oline isnt on point
If, IF!, things go well this season, then TVD will hopefully have enough experience playing in garbage to be comfortable running the offense.

How awesome would it be to beat Bama in your very first game as a starter?

Hahah ya hopefully they come along way by then. My dark horse for qb1 for 21’ is matocha. I think he’ll surprise some people if he gets a chance

Advertisement
Hahah ya hopefully they come along way by then. My dark horse for qb1 for 21’ is matocha. I think he’ll surprise some people if he gets a chance
Yeah he is the forgotten one at qb! I think who ever is the backup this year will tell us alot about who has progressed and who is just using there scholarship f4 education purposes! F4 the future of the program we need matocha or tvd as the backup this year. Because were stunting the growth of the team and young qb's if the coaches allow *** king kosi or non qb martell to start versus bama.

Is it possible that Newberg thinks that Williams will be going to Baylor but wants to troll Canes fans by CB’ing Miami just to get our hopes up just to be crushed?

Full disclosure: I tried a new strain.
Not likely. Part of those guys credibility IMO hangs on their CB accuracy rating.

He’s trash and shouldn’t be on the roster. I can talk about anybody I want to. It’s facts.
As a sponsor of the site, and proponent of the First Amendment (w/ some exceptions), I encourage your right to express yourself and your thoughts about players on our roster. That said, I also reserve the right to call you a douchebag for attacking a kid who was 4 months away from his HS SR prom when he was put in a terrible position by subpar offensive coaches last year.

Yeah he is the forgotten one at qb! I think who ever is the backup this year will tell us alot about who has progressed and who is just using there scholarship f4 education purposes! F4 the future of the program we need matocha or tvd as the backup this year. Because were stunting the growth of the team and young qb's if the coaches allow *** king kosi or non qb martell to start versus bama.
You’re right, it will be interesting who secures the back up job it’s going to be equally important. If kosi does secure it, can only mean good things but I could see one of them transferring out after this year.

Advertisement
To Zion’s defense, he was a 2 Star true freshman put into a position to block grown men because of incompetence of the staff’s recruiting
Zion will be fine he just needs to grow and get stronger. The kid has ability and moves well. I remember last spring i went to a couple of practices in the IPF. I told my boy 2 things, 1 was that Zion is small but bigger than i expected after reading the boards, 2 was that our Oline was so slow and unathletic. Our Dline was eating them up all practice. Then i saw a screen pass and barely any them can get out and block. Scaife n Zion are the only ones that can move. It is not far fetch to say Zion can be all conference. If he redshirts, puts on weight, and keeps his athleticism, he can be dangerous. Hes not mentally weak and has a nasty streak.

As a sponsor of the site, and proponent of the First Amendment (w/ some exceptions), I encourage your right to express yourself and your thoughts about players on our roster. That said, I also reserve the right to call you a douchebag for attacking a kid who was 4 months away from his HS SR prom when he was put in a terrible position by subpar offensive coaches last year.
D bag or not I’ll sing the same tune in a year when he’s still at the same level. Bring that energy to the dumbass coaches who put him in that position in first place, which they never should have done.

You’re right, it will be interesting who secures the back up job it’s going to be equally important. If kosi does secure it, can only mean good things but I could see one of them transferring out after this year.
I hope one or both transfer, because i think qb recruits see a crowded room! Even though 2 of the 4 had there chance and blew it.

Advertisement
I understand it’s harsh on a freshman but the reality is the offensive staff shouldn’t have recruited him and shouldn’t have put him in that position. If I have to sound like an ******* to say it then that’s the price I’ll pay.

I understand it’s harsh on a freshman but the reality is the offensive staff shouldn’t have recruited him and shouldn’t have put him in that position. If I have to sound like an ******* to say it then that’s the price I’ll pay.
Bubba, we had no choice if not zion! We only bring in el gammel and washington and clark i believe? We needed bodies bad last year.

Idk, man.. That kid was a turnstile! I was expecting him to be beaten with power moves because he is so green and light in the pants. But it was quite the opposite! Dude was not athletic at all and had stone feet. Was very slow. Was getting blown by by everyone lol. Came out of his stance late and shuffled slow af. Couldn’t get a body on speed rushers half the time. Cannot fix that. Blocking is simple. You explode out of your stance and you whip the man in front of you. Kid had no agility and seemed too soft to play here and was scared on each play. He will need a lot of time and work before he has the confidence to play here. But he did a decent job when he got his hands on you, I must say. Problem is he was too slow to get a hand on anyone which is crazy.

Spoken like someone who's never played the position.

I'm not an OL guru so I'll leave it to someone else to opine on it but it stands to reason that it could easily be that (1) he was a true freshman, (2) learning a new offense which (3) the OC refused to throw him a life preserver. He may not have been processing things mentally as fast as an experienced 3 or 4 year player would. It's not as easy as "exploding out of your stance and whipping the man". If that was your only move, an experienced DE would easily use that against you and make you look foolish (which happened often).

By knowing what to expect and processing things faster, that can be fixed because by all accounts he is athletic, so he has raw skills. The only way to fix that is with reps which takes time. None of that means he's on a trajectory to be all conference. It just means he wasn't ready.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back