Jarrid Williams part Tres

Advertisement
Campbell was a Trainwreck in 2019 when he played Tackle as well... Not sure why you think there is this huge gap between them... You do realize O-Lineman continue to to get better with development right?

Depending on if we even get Williams, this is our best lineup in my opinion.

LT: Williams
LG: Campbell/Clark
C: Gaynor/Clark
RG: Scaife/ Tarore
RT: Zion and Scaife can be the swing tackle if needed

If Campbell was a train wreck in 2019, then what do you call Zion? The ******* Apocalypse Nelson?! Jesus man, get real, Campbell was playing much better by the end of the year compared to Zion still not being able to get out of his 3 point stance before the D end was already around him. Some of you guys I swear must be family of the kid to keep trying to prop him up. He’s awful, he was two star for a reason! Smh
They were pretty much the same except Zion managed to keep his starting OT job and Campbell was benched and only made two starts... The Coaching staff rather play a two True freshman over Campbell, that should tell you something. So you think the guy who was beaten out by two true freshman last year is somehow light years better then Nelson? Not buying it lol

Advertisement
They were pretty much the same except Zion managed to keep his starting OT job and Campbell was benched and only made two starts... The Coaching staff rather play a two True freshman over Campbell, that should tell you something. So you think the guy who was beaten out by two true freshman last year is somehow light years better then Nelson? Not buying it lol
And that same player Campbell was consistently beating out Zion and every one else this spring for the tackle spot. Because he actually has the talent and knowledge to play the position. If we get Williams you’ll see this coming up season when swisscheese Zion is being redshirted like he should’ve been and with our up tick in oline recruiting he’ll be the depth player is talent level should be at the U. Not even close to starting P5 material. He’s a group of 5 starter at best. Those are just the facts displayed on his film.

And that same player Campbell was consistently beating out Zion and every one else this spring for the tackle spot. Because he actually has the talent and knowledge to play the position. If we get Williams you’ll see this coming up season when swisscheese Zion is being redshirted like he should’ve been and with our up tick in oline recruiting he’ll be the depth player is talent level should be at the U. Not even close to starting P5 material. He’s a group of 5 starter at best. Those are just the facts displayed on his film.
We had like 2 padded practices, so I wouldn't say consistently.. you are judging Zion entire future here based off his play as a true freshman LT? Why don't you do the same with Campbell? He got beat out by Zion and he was a 2nd year player. I really don't get your argument... It's completely biased. You are dogging Zion based on film but praising Campbell who was a 2nd year player and was benched due to how bad he played?

Advertisement
Zion doesn’t have a chance in **** at starting at L tackle over Campbell In 2021 especially if Campbell starts this year. Zion doesn’t have near the foot work, balance, strike and feel for the position compared to Campbell. And it’s actually not even close, Zion is a terrible football player and has no feel for the position at all. Some people need to wake up and realize just because you have some above average athletic traits it doesn’t automatically mean it’s gonna translate to the football field. If Zion is our starting tackle again In 2021 then things went really bad in a multitude of ways because he isn’t nearly as talented as Rivers, walker and Campbell.
Neither Campbell or Zion will be starting for us in 2021 period

I think he's still rehabbing and will medical RS
Zion is much worst. He can’t do nothing right. Campbell I can at least see the potential in run blocking.

Only a dip**** OL
Berry was supposedly a very knowledgeable coach. He just had zero people skills
Barry was an assistant OL coach on an average-at best NFL team. Guy was basically one rung above Jon Richt. He hadn’t been a head OL coach since being apart of a failed regime in the MAC. He had no business being a position coach at Miami

We had like 2 padded practices, so I wouldn't say consistently.. you are judging Zion entire future here based off his play as a true freshman LT? Why don't you do the same with Campbell? He got beat out by Zion and he was a 2nd year player. I really don't get your argument... It's completely biased. You are dogging Zion based on film but praising Campbell who was a 2nd year player and was benched due to how bad he played?
All the reports out of spring from all our coaches was that Campbell looked the best at the tackle spot and no one was able to take his spot. If you don’t want to believe what was actually coming out of the coaches mouths then i don’t know what to tell you. Because going in the face of the reports coming from our coaches This spring is nothing but following your own agenda for Zion. But the film and what the coaches said this spring Doesnt match that agenda. And at the end of the year Campbell far out played Zion and it continued into spring. Don’t believe me then watch the film and check the grades as Campbell far out graded Zion who was the worst tackle in CFB last year according to the grades and Lance.

Advertisement
If you think he’ll be platooning with Zion you’re under hyping him. That’s just crazy , I had to read it again to believe it was written lol.

There’s literally no chance that happens
King made up for a lot of his offensive lines deficiencies, including Williams with his exceptional pocket awareness. Not saying Williams is not an upgrade, he is. Its when he plays against more athletic DE he becomes average.

Trying to keep it real on here.

It's almost criminal that Nelson was asked to start as a true freshman. Nelson arrived at Miami weighing 230-240LBs and had to put on 40-50LBs in the summer. We then ask him to start week 0 against UF who has several NFL caliber D-Lineman. The only O-Lineman who should be starting as True Freshman are the Evan Neal's of the world. Nelson battled all season and did his best. Nelson started all 13 Games at the hardest position on the O-Line. He's got my respect for not just quiting all together. I personally think Campbell at LT is our best bet for this season and then we let Zion be the backup and Redshirt. Him and Walker will be the Starting Tackles in 2021.

LT Walker
LG Rivers
C Gaynor
RG Scaife
RT Nelson
He took it like a man despite being unprepared. Showed big time heart hanging in there. This kid has the intangibles just placed in a poor situation. Won't be surprised if he's the leader of the OL in 3 yrs..

Advertisement
Your response assumes there are no more 2020 slots. Other posters also assumed UMs class was full. Yet on May 9, 2020 we got and signed Issiah Walker with an available slot; no blue shirt and no waiting until the day after fall camp begins to sign his LOI.

Subsequently, Manny Diaz, in a May 15, 2020 interview, stated that the Hurricanes still have the capacity, from a roster and scholarship standpoint, to add more players to the 2020 team; ie available slots (This could be in part related to Moise and Asa Martin).
I haven’t seen anything since, which says there are now no more available 2020 slots.

In giving weight to roster management issues and slot availability, I’m inclined to go by what the coach says and what is actually done (e.g. giving a scholarship to Walker) as opposed to what’s written on a message board.

As a side note, If Williams truly wants to come to UM - an assumption or guess is all it can be at this time, and there are now no more slots for 2020. there is nothing for Williams to presently announce. He’d not only first have to get accepted into grad school, but UM couldn’t even offer him until after the first day of fall camp. He could accept the offer and then announce his commitment. If UM did otherwise and offered beforehand that would be actively recruiting him and he would not qualify for a blue shirt admission.

Again, you haven't read ****e and you believe Manny's lies. Note what Manny said and what he didn't say. He never said we have 2020-2021 slots (because we don't). Still, there are ways (blueshirting or paying your own way, something Taulia balked at).

We gave Moise's slot to Walker.

We have no more 2020-2021 slots, otherwise we would sign Williams and get him into grad school immediately.

You can yap your mouth about "assumptions", and you can misinterpret Manny's words (yes, we have fewer than 85 under scholarship, but we have used all of our 25 IC slots), but you can't change reality.

What is really happening right now is that Williams wants to come to UM, but has not yet been admitted to grad school at UM. There is no announcement to make, because he is not going to sign an LOI or FAA. If he tells Baylor and F$U he is coming to UM, before he is even admitted, then those schools will use their ICs on other people (note that F$U is now in the mix for that highly rated JuCo DB, who was also just offered by Alabama).

So Williams will not "pick" UM until he is officially admitted to UM. In the meantime, he is hoping that Baylor and F$U will hold a spot for him. At some point, the make-or-break decision will need to be made. If Baylor is ready to give his spot away, and he is still not in at UM, he will most likely "pick" Baylor.

Advertisement
Back