Jarrid Williams part Tres

Advertisement
Spoken like someone who's never played the position.

I'm not an OL guru so I'll leave it to someone else to opine on it but it stands to reason that it could easily be that (1) he was a true freshman, (2) learning a new offense which (3) the OC refused to throw him a life preserver. He may not have been processing things mentally as fast as an experienced 3 or 4 year player would. It's not as easy as "exploding out of your stance and whipping the man". If that was your only move, an experienced DE would easily use that against you and make you look foolish (which happened often).

By knowing what to expect and processing things faster, that can be fixed because by all accounts he is athletic, so he has raw skills. The only way to fix that is with reps which takes time. None of that means he's on a trajectory to be all conference. It just means he wasn't ready.
Its disgusting what they did to him, threw him out there before he was ready, you dont do that to an undersized project.. They threw him in deep end before he was ready, put him against 5th year senior DE in their money year in first game with no help. Didnt even give the kid a chance to adjust for speed of the game or anything. It wasnt his fault, it was our staff and everyone else around him. He was never ready, many questioned it in offseason but also many blind homers were sold off the BS. I wouldnt be surprised if the blind homers arent the same ones trashing him, happens every freaking time.

image.gif

Advertisement
LOL at all the lame mopes who read all things anti-UM into him not committing right away.
People ought to know that writers don't know what they don't know until they do.

Like I said earlier in the thread, simple logic & common sense would tell the reason behind him waiting so long clearly pointed to Miami being the favorites here, if he was all in for Baylor he would've committed to them a month ago.

Also, if guys like LCE, Chise, Cribby etc go out on limb to tell yall we might be getting lucky here take heed, because those are individuals who aren't village idiots & don't do half assed spitballing, if we're stamping something it's been we'll thought out & well researched.

And yes I just patted the fúck outta my own back lol but the point being is, it was pretty clear to smart people Miami both wanted & needed a GT OT & Jarrid was the perfect fit.

LOL !!
So now our head coach is a Liar, we should go by what’s written on a message board versus what Diaz says, but maybe Diaz isn’t really a liar if you carefully read what he did and didn’t say or maybe Diaz’ words are being misinterpreted, or maybe Williams might somehow pay his own way - $ 50,000 plus a year to play at UM, even though another player (with a multimillionaire brother) supposedly refused to do so (silly to even mention this last option).
Gimme a break.

You mention Moises slot supposedly being given to Walker but conveniently fail to address Asa Martin and the possibility that another spot opened up because of that situation (btw that was something I “read”).

You can keep repeating that we have no more 2020-2021 slots (the same thing people were saying and questioning when we first got involved with Williams and before we offered Walker) Either we do or we don’t. It’s that simple. The coaches, however. are the ones that know the answer to that.

Assuming Williams is going the blue shirt route, your comments about (1) there being no announcement to make because he’s not going to sign a LOI ..... and (2) Williams will not “pick” UM until he is officially admitted —- are Obvious and is just your repeating what I already wrote above (ie “......there is nothing for Williams to presently announce. He’d not only first have to get accepted into grad school, but UM couldn’t even offer him until until after the first day of fall camp. He could accept the offer and then announce his commitment).

You next engage in this analysis as to what might happen if Williams tells Baylor and FSU he is coming to UM before he he is even admitted.....Why would Williams ever do that? It makes zero sense to even suggest this.

As to your concerns about Baylor and FSU using their ICs on others, do you even know how many ICs each school has left? I doubt you do but let’s say each school offers someone else who accepts and they have no more ICs. If those schools truly want Williams and the interest is mutual they could just ask him to go through the same grad school / blue shirt process you believe UM is doing with him. Not really a concern (though it might be a problem if the deadline has passed to apply).

We aren't getting Asa Martin's LOI back. The kid was enrolled for an entire semester.

Keep yapping, doesn't change a thing.

Walker got Moise's last IC slot for 2020-2021. Williams will blueshirt and count towards 2021-2022. Exactly as I described.

I really really really hope we somehow land Williams through this “blue shirt” route. But doesn’t it feel like we’re again getting a little too cute? Manny needs to stop wanting to be the smartest guy in the room and just run a solid program.

In all fairness, I don't think it's just getting cute. We have had horrible attrition. The only way we are getting back to 85 within the IC rules is if we throw a few Hail Mary passes.

Honestly, the Hail Mary pass I hope we complete is turning the PWO Mensa kid from IMG into a full-time Power 5 starting OG. That kid will never count as an IC slot, so if he becomes a contributing member of the 85, then we will have really accomplished something.

Advertisement
In all fairness, I don't think it's just getting cute. We have had horrible attrition. The only way we are getting back to 85 within the IC rules is if we throw a few Hail Mary passes.

Agree. My issue is that a blind man could see we were screwed at BOTH tackle spots last February. It was obviously the second biggest gap on the team after QB. Yet we went through an entire season and offseason not landing someone, ideally two, only to luck into a kid who would accept a “blue shirt” 14 months later.

Don’t get me wrong. I am ecstatic Williams decided to do be a Cane when he had other P5 options that didn’t need him to use the back door. Says a lot about Lashlee, King and Justice ... and yes Manny. But wow. Let’s not do THAT again.

People ought to know that writers don't know what they don't know until they do.

Like I said earlier in the thread, simple logic & common sense would tell the reason behind him waiting so long clearly pointed to Miami being the favorites here, if he was all in for Baylor he would've committed to them a month ago.

Also, if guys like LCE, Chise, Cribby etc go out on limb to tell yall we might be getting lucky here take heed, because those are individuals who aren't village idiots & don't do half assed spitballing, if we're stamping something it's been we'll thought out & well researched.

And yes I just patted the fúck outta my own back lol but the point being is, it was pretty clear to smart people Miami both wanted & needed a GT OT & Jarrid was the perfect fit.
Exactly. Poor losers have been so beat down by bad genetics, bad self-esteem, bad breath, and bad jobs that they are always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Been telling these slump shouldered simps that he’s been waiting because they were working to get him in given out IC hurdles.

Advertisement
I agree with this.

If Baylor was the pick he'd have no reason to wait this long, so all signs point to Miami.

I know Newberg knows just as much as any of us does, but the fact he would log in a CB for Miami is something to me. He either heard pretty strongly from FSU that Jarrid was coming to Miami or he's trolling TF outta us lol.

The Grad school admissions thing might be a hold up but hopefully we can get that squared away.

Manny needs to walk into Admissions with a five gallon can of gas, a shirt pocket stuffed with Road Flares - and tell them he needs this transfer approved NOW.

Hey - it works.

I didn't know much about Garin Justice before he came here as a coach. Was told immediately by an acquaintance who played with him and coached briefly with him that he was the absolute real deal and we'd love him. From as good of a source as you could get - have been told he's a great recruiter. Really good person, not a bullshytter.

And the results...breh, couldn't be better. Has three rock solid local OL commits. Fixed the previous coaches biggest mistake/miss (Issiah Walker), and got a plug n play starter on the OL through the GradTransfer market.

Through his first off-season...the man gets an A+ with a smiley face sticker.

As usual, we are the off season national champions. Hey I am cool with it, he better start and give King the stability he needs in the pocket.

Advertisement
LT Williams, Nelson, Walker

LG Campbell, Rivers, Hillery

C Gaynor, Clark, Griffith

RG Traore, Reed, Washington

RT Scaife, Herbert, Elgammal

That's because he started every game. Campbell was a backup and when he played he did worse. Through 7 Games Nelson graded better as a pass blocker then Campbell. I'm not sure about the last 6
Well Mack my friend, We agree to disagree. so I guess will both see this coming year who the coaches pick and put their trust into starting opposite Williams. My money is obviously on Campbell.

Pat away my friend, pat away. You earned it! And us fans ive now earned a year of not watching the apocalypse Nelson let D ends run circles around him. Thank god! Lol “the future so bright, I gotta wear shades!” 😎

I didn't know much about Garin Justice before he came here as a coach. Was told immediately by an acquaintance who played with him and coached briefly with him that he was the absolute real deal and we'd love him. From as good of a source as you could get - have been told he's a great recruiter. Really good person, not a bullshytter.

And the results...breh, couldn't be better. Has three rock solid local OL commits. Fixed the previous coaches biggest mistake/miss (Issiah Walker), and got a plug n play starter on the OL through the GradTransfer market.

Through his first off-season...the man gets an A+ with a smiley face sticker.
https://www.canesinsight.com/thread...as-ol-coach-diaz-comments.157931/post-4535270

That's what I said about back in January when he was announced as the OL Coach.

He comes from the West Va Trickett system, so I was very confident in his ability to coach up the OL's, the Trickett disciples are some of the best OL coaches in the business, so I was good from that standpoint.

And the fact he was at FSU & FAU in his previous stops let me know he wouldn't struggle recruiting locally & could relate to kids very well.

He's hit it out the park thus far, if he can develop John Campbell into a consistent OT for this season & next year get guys like Walker & Rivers up to speed, then he needs a permanent raise.

Advertisement
Back