Jarrid Williams part Tres

We aren't getting Asa Martin's LOI back. The kid was enrolled for an entire semester.

Keep yapping, doesn't change a thing.

Walker got Moise's last IC slot for 2020-2021. Williams will blueshirt and count towards 2021-2022. Exactly as I described.

Irrespective of whether we did or didnt get Asa Martin's spot back, I'm just happy Williams is coming here. It is amusing though how you didnt respond to this untl after Ivins said Williams would be counted against next years class.

You did say beforehand that Williams would count against next years class and Ivins said the same. Good for you.

Nothing for me to change; was simply pointing out what I view as the fallacies in certain of your statements.

It appears that the supposed Grad School admission hurdles and any delays associated with it were non-existent and actually non-issues. Ivins hadnt heard of any such issues. Although you stated yesterday that Williams hadn't been admitted yet, per Ivins, Williams was planning to publicly choose Miami over 2 weeks ago and was going to announce on or before the Memorial Day weekend. So, he's obviously not going to say he's going to Miami if they didn't accept him. There's only about 3 weeks from when he first entered the transfer portal to when he planned to announce for us. Coupled with his also evaluating other schools, thats actually an extremely fast tracking of his UM grad school process; the complete opposite of a delay. Also per Ivins, the kid was bothered by the leaking of his announcement, he may have been reconsidering his planned course of action, and that's what acutally caused the delay. I give the UM staff credit for persevering, keeping him reeled in, and getting his commitment.

Advertisement
LT Williams, Nelson, Walker

LG Campbell, Rivers, Hillery

C Gaynor, Clark, Griffith

RG Traore, Reed, Washington

RT Scaife, Herbert, Elgammal
I think you got the names right just the position slightly off. If I'm not mistaking the staff is having Scaife play inside while Campbell plays a tackle position.

Irrespective of whether we did or didnt get Asa Martin's spot back, I'm just happy Williams is coming here. It is amusing though how you didnt respond to this untl after Ivins said Williams would be counted against next years class.

You did say beforehand that Williams would count against next years class and Ivins said the same. Good for you.

Nothing for me to change; was simply pointing out what I view as the fallacies in certain of your statements.

It appears that the supposed Grad School admission hurdles and any delays associated with it were non-existent and actually non-issues. Ivins hadnt heard of any such issues. Although you stated yesterday that Williams hadn't been admitted yet, per Ivins, Williams was planning to publicly choose Miami over 2 weeks ago and was going to announce on or before the Memorial Day weekend. So, he's obviously not going to say he's going to Miami if they didn't accept him. There's only about 3 weeks from when he first entered the transfer portal to when he planned to announce for us. Coupled with his also evaluating other schools, thats actually an extremely fast tracking of his UM grad school process; the complete opposite of a delay. Also per Ivins, the kid was bothered by the leaking of his announcement, he may have been reconsidering his planned course of action, and that's what acutally caused the delay. I give the UM staff credit for persevering, keeping him reeled in, and getting his commitment.

I "didn't respond to this until after Ivins said Williams would be counted against next year's class"?

You are such a joke. I have been talking about the blueshirt requirements for weeks.

There were no fallacies in my statements. I have been correct all along, particularly when I contacted Ivins directly and he (incorrectly) told me that we had a prior year IC slot remaining.

So, let's see, while Ivins was talking about non-existent countbacks, I was talking about how we could get Jarrid Williams in against the 2021-2022 class.

Again, child, there is so much you do not understand, and there's also a lot of lies floating around out there.

But, hey, keep svcking Ivins' ****, that's up to you.

Here's a time-date stamped response that Ivins sent to me. Only problem is, he was wrong.

• Andrew Ivins May 8, 8:06 AM

• Miami has one counter left from the 2019-2020 window of 25.

So which Ivins statement do you want to believe? The one where he told me we could count Williams back? Or the one Ivins is now making where we are counting Williams to 2021-2022 via the blueshirt rules?

I think you got the names right just the position slightly off. If I'm not mistaking the staff is having Scaife play inside while Campbell plays a tackle position.

Based on what's been seen I find it hard to fathom an OT combo other than Williams & Scaife. But if Justice is determined to have Scaife play guard and allow Campbell to develop at OT then we'll have to trust him.

I "didn't respond to this until after Ivins said Williams would be counted against next year's class"?

You are such a joke. I have been talking about the blueshirt requirements for weeks.

There were no fallacies in my statements. I have been correct all along, particularly when I contacted Ivins directly and he (incorrectly) told me that we had a prior year IC slot remaining.

So, let's see, while Ivins was talking about non-existent countbacks, I was talking about how we could get Jarrid Williams in against the 2021-2022 class.

Again, child, there is so much you do not understand, and there's also a lot of lies floating around out there.

But, hey, keep svcking Ivins' ****, that's up to you.

Here's a time-date stamped response that Ivins sent to me. Only problem is, he was wrong.

• Andrew Ivins May 8, 8:06 AM

• Miami has one counter left from the 2019-2020 window of 25.

So which Ivins statement do you want to believe? The one where he told me we could count Williams back? Or the one Ivins is now making where we are counting Williams to 2021-2022 via the blueshirt rules?

1. I was referring just to Asa Martin but that’s okay.
2 I guess no good deed goes unpunished because I actually complimented you on the blue shirt / counting forward thing. (when I wrote “good for you” that was meant as a compliment).
3. Impressive that you have direct communications with Ivins. Didn’t know he does that. I actually like Ivins but not in a sexual way and certainly not to the point where I’d ...... his ...... .
4. Maybe that one counter in Ivins email above was used on Walker. From what I can see on my cell phone looks like the internet stuff on Walkers transfer is dated May 9th, which is a day after Ivins May 8th email above.
5. In the end I’m just happy we got Williams.

Advertisement
1. I was referring just to Asa Martin but that’s okay.
2 I guess no good deed goes unpunished because I actually complimented you on the blue shirt / counting forward thing. (when I wrote “good for you” that was meant as a compliment).
3. Impressive that you have direct communications with Ivins. Didn’t know he does that. I actually like Ivins but not in a sexual way and certainly not to the point where I’d ...... his ...... .
4. Maybe that one counter in Ivins email above was used on Walker. From what I can see on my cell phone looks like the internet stuff on Walkers transfer is dated May 9th, which is a day after Ivins May 8th email above.
5. In the end I’m just happy we got Williams.

Walker got Moise's spot.

Williams got a future spot.

When Ivins tried to tell me we had some long-ago count forward, I speculated whether it could be related to Asa Martin, but I always stated that I did not have any inside information. Since that time, I have heard that we aren't going to succeed on that issue.

The point is not whether you like me or don't like me. Honestly, I don't care.

The reality is, I don't come on here and post stuff about which I know nothing. If I don't know about something, I acknowledge it. I actually do the research. And when Ivins was posting a video about how we could take errrrbody, I contacted him to ask him how we could do it. He then gave me information (as if it were factual and true) that he is now contradicting.

Again, I don't give a **** about getting any credit, I am just tired of the echo chamber of stupidity that arises when some porster gives incorrect information, and dozens of other porsters repeat it and believe it.

You can agree with me or you can disagree, but if you disagree, post your reasons and make your best, most accurate, and most passionate argument.

A lot of this started when certain porsters claimed that Manny (and Richt, and Golden) were somehow not awarding all of the scholarships they possibly could, when even a simple examination of the math would indicate that they were all signing as many as they could.

Believe what you want to believe. But if some people want to post false information, it isn't a crime to provide the correct information in response.

Williams has BEEN playing RT. He's proven at RT.

So, why in Hades is everyone plugging him in at UM at LT?

Well, he might play RT at Miami but he was playing there at Houston because Josh Jones was the LT. Williams really has more of a LT game while Campbell has more RT game, so it makes some sense. I’m going to trust Lashlee/Justice to figure out the proper alignment.

I think that the reason is because there was a more-senior kid playing LT at Houston, without which Williams might have played there (and apparently he has played LT before).

Also, playing LT is a more valued position, at least per the NFL draft/NFL roster.

Therefore, if the kid wants to raise his stock for a year, moving to LT might be a money-move.

That's what people are saying/speculating. I don't really care either way.

Of course, Williams would need to perform well at UM to make that case to the NFL.

Advertisement
I think that the reason is because there was a more-senior kid playing LT at Houston, without which Williams might have played there (and apparently he has played LT before).

Also, playing LT is a more valued position, at least per the NFL draft/NFL roster.

Therefore, if the kid wants to raise his stock for a year, moving to LT might be a money-move.

That's what people are saying/speculating. I don't really care either way.

Of course, Williams would need to perform well at UM to make that case to the NFL.

You’re correct, he’s also a natural left tackle. From size , arm length and being a dancing bear. He can make a lot of money with a good year there.

Thank you gentlemen, I just saw some placing him at LT minutes after the announcement he was coming here - and knew that someone knew what I didn't know.

Thank you gentlemen, I just saw some placing him at LT minutes after the announcement he was coming here - and knew that someone knew what I didn't know.

There are good points to be made on both sides of the argument. I read an article a couple of years ago talking about how some kids are just better playing one side of the OL over the other, that not every player is "ambidextrous" in that way.

Can't hurt to try. We have 4 games against crappy OOC teams to test out the theory.

Advertisement
I don’t agree with that statement. Zion tbh with coaching and 2 years of polishing can be an All-ACC caliber linemen he was pushed into starting at Lt as a true frosh. How many kids can actually do that out of high school and ur gonna bash him not his fault our coaching last year was the worst in D1 ball
What a call by myself. I’m usually missing but I’ll take my hit hahaha

Advertisement
What a call by myself. I’m usually missing but I’ll take my hit hahaha
season 1 episode 21 GIF by mom

Advertisement
Back