Jarrid Williams, OT, Houston - in the portal (Radio Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could not disagree more with your take, we quite arguably had the worst set of OTs (and the stats prove it) in all of Power 5 football. He can fly down to South Florida, win a OT job with ease, block for his old QB, sip Mai Tai's on the beach and stare at fine Chicas.

It's a perfect fit, could not be better.

I think he easily wins the job, but I'm not as down on our OTs as others might be. Folks forget that Nelson was 235 lbs out of HS, then by the start of the season he was 290 lbs. I don't know how he put on that much weight other than eating a box of pastelitos every hour. But just because he was heavier doesn't mean he had really adjusted to his new body weight. If Justice's predecessors hadn't sucked so much at recruiting, Nelson should have been a redshirt. Instead he had to start from day 1, and he wasn't ready for it. That's not his fault though- he shouldn't have been in a position where he was seeing the field at all in his freshman year. I liked that he didn't go in the tank when he had his worst struggles. Mentally, I think he has the right make up. He's obviously dedicated to have been able to put on that much weight in such a short time. Physically, it comes down to more time in the weight room and adjusting to his additional mass. I'm bullish on Nelson turning into an excellent starter before the end of his career.

Advertisement
So the answer to our OL problems is to rely upon and start Rivers and Walker, two more true freshmen? Brilliant stuff as usual. We do not have a single established, sure-fire starter at tackle and have a new OL coach.

No it’s not our best option. I’d love to have the kid transfer here. But the assumption our situation is so much worse and clear cut for him than anyone else’s isn’t accurate imo.

Good read on what I actually said, as usual.

I think he easily wins the job, but I'm not as down on our OTs as others might be. Folks forget that Nelson was 235 lbs out of HS, then by the start of the season he was 290 lbs. I don't know how he put on that much weight other than eating a box of pastelitos every hour. But just because he was heavier doesn't mean he had really adjusted to his new body weight. If Justice's predecessors hadn't sucked so much at recruiting, Nelson should have been a redshirt. Instead he had to start from day 1, and he wasn't ready for it. That's not his fault though- he shouldn't have been in a position where he was seeing the field at all in his freshman year. I liked that he didn't go in the tank when he had his worst struggles. Mentally, I think he has the right make up. He's obviously dedicated to have been able to put on that much weight in such a short time. Physically, it comes down to more time in the weight room and adjusting to his additional mass. I'm bullish on Nelson turning into an excellent starter before the end of his career.
He may, but I don't want him out there next season if he doesn't have to be. One of his biggest downfalls when I watched film was his "get off". DEs were past him before he could stand and get a hand on them. That's not an easy fix.
I hope the kid becomes a rock at OT, but for now I'm really looking forward to Rivers, Walker, Williams upgrading the OT position.

So the answer to our OL problems is to rely upon and start Rivers and Walker, two more true freshmen? Brilliant stuff as usual. We do not have a single established, sure-fire starter at tackle and have a new OL coach.
I was cracking up reading his post as he counterpointed his own "points" :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
I was cracking up reading his post as he counterpointed his own "points" :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Not surprisingly you didn't get that it's not up to us if he comes. Nor did you bother to research the situation at other programs for comparison.

You just made a declaration that in your mind is impossible to counter with no clue what the actual situation is FOR HIM. You also assumed incorrectly that I said what we already have is better for us, which I never did.

Solid job.

Not surprisingly you didn't get that it's not up to us if he comes. Nor did you bother to research the situation at other programs for comparison.

You just made a declaration that in your mind is impossible to counter with no clue what the actual situation is FOR HIM. You also assumed incorrectly that I said what we have is better for us, which I never did.

Solid job.

Fluffer#44 just has his locked-in opinion. He won't listen to any other points of view, everyone else is stupid, and only his stats have meaning.

Will there be a Fake Insider float this 4th of July?

Advertisement
Fluffer#44 just has his locked-in opinion. He won't listen to any other points of view, everyone else is stupid, and only his stats have meaning.

The least he can do is understand the question before being 100% sure of what the answer is.

The least he can do is understand the question before being 100% sure of what the answer is.

Waaaaay too much to expect from Fluffer#44.

He was freaking out in Rok's "redshirt the freshman - offense" thread, because he didn't read the word "offense".

And we finally have a running QB, and he thinks that 4-5 running backs need to play in all 12 games.

Everybody is down on our OL and rightfully so, but just remember they won’t be asked for nearly as much in Lashlee’s offense. Spreading guys out means less elaborate blitzes and simple blocking assignment recognition. I think we’ll see improvement across the board.

I think it has been settled and you are the only one who thinks this not a perfect destination for him while double talking. Good stuff buddy

Advertisement
Everybody is down on our OL and rightfully so, but just remember they won’t be asked for nearly as much in Lashlee’s offense. Spreading guys out means less elaborate blitzes and simple blocking assignment recognition. I think we’ll see improvement across the board.
And our OL can't get any worse so even a slight improvement would be big. Could mean the difference in a few games.

Waaaaay too much to expect from Fluffer#44.

He was freaking out in Rok's "redshirt the freshman - offense" thread, because he didn't read the word "offense".

And we finally have a running QB, and he thinks that 4-5 running backs need to play in all 12 games.
Make a wager that Kington and Chaney both do not RS, or do you just wanna keep running that trap?

You following me around now? Did I get your Hello Kitty panties that bunched up yesterday Karen??

:jordan:

Advertisement
Dude thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and any opinion other than his own is 100% invalid and ridiculous. His reasoning for why Williams shouldn't come here is a depth chart that consists of two guys who were turnstiles last year and two guys who have not played a meaningful snap. I hope the guys from last year improve with Justice and experience and I hope Rivers and Walker live up to their star status, but if you are a senior coming in to a situation where everyone has a new coach/coordinator and the above is your competition, you have to like your odds. Plus, we need to get away from relying on true freshmen on the OL, especially as starters from the first game, and especially at the tackle spots.

@IndayArtHauz you better start a third thread on Williams and lock this mothergrabber up because this is going to turn ugly.
No sir, I'm leaving this one. I stayed on topic but my butthurt fans could not MK. It's a gift and a curse when you can rustle em up like me.....
Dude thinks he is the smartest guy in the room and any opinion other than his own is 100% invalid and ridiculous. His reasoning for why Williams shouldn't come here is a depth chart that consists of two guys who were turnstiles last year and two guys who have not played a meaningful snap. I hope the guys from last year improve with Justice and experience and I hope Rivers and Walker live up to their star status, but if you are a senior coming in to a situation where everyone has a new coach/coordinator and the above is your competition, you have to like your odds. Plus, we need to get away from relying on true freshmen on the OL, especially as starters from the first game, and especially at the tackle spots.
Could not agree more :fistbump:

I think has been settled and you are the only one who thinks this not a perfect destination for him while double talking. Good stuff buddy

This is exactly the problem. YOU think it's the "perfect destination" for Williams. And maybe it is, but that is YOUR opinion. Your narrow mind can't conceive of any other possibilities.

This whole thing comes down to Williams' opinion. And if you can't imagine the possibility that Williams may like certain things about Baylor (geography, Texas-area players, his former HS coach), then you will be shocked if/when he picks Baylor.

Every Miami fans wants Williams to pick UM. Every Miami fan is justifiably biased to think that UM is the best destination for him. But only some of us can be open-minded enough to realize that this may be a close call for Williams, he may like a lot of things about both UM and Baylor.

****, if we let Williams talk to YOU, he's definitely going to pick Baylor, because you think Baylor has the much better "football program". You think it's inarguable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back