Jarrid Williams, OT, Houston - in the portal (Radio Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was originally a 2* recruit and like 3,200 ranked player in the nation. His only offer was from Houston. RS his first year in 2015, played in 8 games his second year but totaled only 61 snaps, third year played in 3 games, started two, fourth year started 13 games at RT, fifth year played in 4 games then had a season ending injury, sought a medical RS.

Overall he had one good season 2 years ago and is coming off an injury. Don't get me wrong I agree he is better than his ranking and want him as a player, but I can see the reasoning for having him in the high 3-star range. Also I think he is top 5 for transfer tackles in terms of rankings. Walker is high up there because he is essentially maintained his HS recruit ranking, Cade Mays the former 5 star from UGA was up there, then some randoms and Williams.
Yeah, I hear you, still seems a bit low. He is 0.88, George Brown is a 0.87, lol

Advertisement
Yeah, they are not the gospel but their rankings are better than the others IMO.
Oh their rankings I can't really complain. It's just the writers and the constant bull**** they put out there and most of the time they are usually wrong with stuff.

He needs to commit so we can celebrate

tenor (9).gif

Advertisement
I think so as well, I scratch my head at 247 having him so lowly ranked in the portal rankings for some reason
I wouldn't trust 247's ability to independently evaluate players. They do a decent job with the HS kids at times because their rankings are based on who is recruiting the player over a prolonged period. They're nuts if they see Williams still as a 3 star.

We really aren't the ideal situation for him to come to imo. We have a mix of very highly recruited young guys and experienced players who struggled (Zion and Campbell) who are an unknown as far as offseason growth that happens often from year one playing to year two.

He may have other programs that are desperate and have little or no on field competition for him. He only has one shot to get on the field and shine.

Advertisement
We had one of the worst OLs in all of college football and the weakness of that terrible unit was OT. I could not imagine a better place to go to play Power 5 football and be guaranteed a starting tackle position than Miami.

FSU lol

We had one of the worst OLs in all of college football and the weakness of that terrible unit was OT. I could not imagine a better place to go to play Power 5 football and be guaranteed a starting tackle position than Miami.

Yep. Agreed here. Interior wise we weren't awful, but very inconsistent. Our Tackle play was downright horrendous. I have seen turnstiles put up more resistance.

Advertisement

My analysis, which is based on the last decade, confirms this.

I think you're way off. Plenty of young players like Campbell and Zion struggle mightily when they get too early playing time. They often experience growth after a year under their belt. We also have two All-American caliber freshmen who are total unknowns.

There are plenty of programs out there who have one, maybe two of these kind of players.

I think you're way off. Plenty of young players like Campbell and Zion struggle mightily when they get too early playing time. They often experience growth after a year under their belt. We also have two All-American caliber freshmen who are total unknowns.

There are plenty of programs out there who have one, maybe two of these kind of players.
Campbell looked a lot better at G which is why I’m nervous as **** him moving back to T. Figured Campbell could start at a guard spot if Traore doesn’t work out or if Donaldson isn’t ready by game 1 which is likely.

Advertisement

I could not disagree more with your take, we quite arguably had the worst set of OTs (and the stats prove it) in all of Power 5 football. He can fly down to South Florida, win a OT job with ease, block for his old QB, sip Mai Tai's on the beach and stare at fine Chicas.

It's a perfect fit, could not be better.

15CDAAF6-3DC0-4720-8DA3-6945BED06022.jpeg
F1895128-B27F-4006-B70E-34000C92F739.jpeg

Both usc and ole miss have no returning starter. USC is shifting a guy from guard. FSU has literally no one. Think what you want, but his other options don’t appear to be any better off at that position.

Last edited:

So the answer to our OL problems is to rely upon and start Rivers and Walker, two more true freshmen? Brilliant stuff as usual. We do not have a single established, sure-fire starter at tackle and have a new OL coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back