Jarrid Williams Coming Back

Advertisement
TVDs read sequence and release helps that a lot
Absolutely

Seems Williams and Zion aren’t getting beat around the edge like they were with King

Even much of the pressure TVD has faced he has been more at fault than the line

I’m not even sure they gave up any real pressure yesterday

Never understood why they tried to displace him and shuffle line when he was solid especially in pass pro last year.. They benched him and our pass pro got noticeably worse and run game didnt improve.. Was kinda weird to see it play out

This. He was our best OL (imo) last year. Yet he can’t sniff the field for the first half of the season? Something was up there.

Advertisement
Maybe it was just King style of play? Mobile QBs move out the pocket a lot, I would imagine it makes it more difficult for the OL. TVD also gets the ball out faster
I’m sure it’s part of it

Still there were quite a few plays where King had no chance because they were beaten so badly

Adjustments across the board I think rather than just one thing

Absolutely

Seems Williams and Zion aren’t getting beat around the edge like they were with King

Even much of the pressure TVD has faced he has been more at fault than the line

I’m not even sure they gave up any real pressure yesterday
They are absolutely still getting beat. TVDs release, vision, etc has changed what Ds are/can do.

Looknat how putrid the short yardage run blocking has been.

Advertisement
They are absolutely still getting beat. TVDs release, vision, etc has changed what Ds are/can do.

Looknat how putrid the short yardage run blocking has been.
I’m not seeing the speed rush to the outside wrecking plays constantly is what I meant

TVD definitely helping. Also not sure we have been facing as good edge rushers lately

Our run blocking push is beyond hope

Advertisement
Advertisement
Garin Justice with questionable personnel decisions. Last year starting Campbell at LT, when us keyboard warriors know he is a guard.

This year having Jarrid Williams ride the bench while King is getting pelted off the right side vs. Bama.
Need an insider to weigh in on Williams and why he seemingly ended up in the doghouse after last season. Supposedly the staff wasn't happy with his run blocking last season. No idea re: his offseason work habits & attitude. Thankfully, in terms of his performance, the injury-shuffle brought him back to the fore.

Good question, I really think he's capable of playing guard or tackle but it'll depend on what the next staff believes he best projects.
Yeah I felt like coming in people were hoping he could be a great RT but haven’t really talked about it since he went down

Interesting the coaches continued to stubbornly give PT to veterans who didn’t deserve it, but the one guy who was clearly the best option could not sniff the field the first few games. Very bizarre.

Advertisement
Back