Jarren Williams

This is exactly it. He’s not going the JUCO route because he’s trying to be eligible in 2020. He’s going there because it’s his only option.

He stood a much better chance of being eligible with a waiver at a P5 school in 2020 than he does going to Garden City and then transferring into a P5 school at some point in 2020. If it was about playing right away without having to get a waiver he could have gone FCS and been eligible immediately.

I said it as soon as he quit here and everyone was claiming he’d just go straight to Kentucky as if they’re waiting for him. This dude was such a colossal mess here that his ONLY option was JUCO. This guy is a Last Chance U type of fck up.

I think you are overlooking the fine academics at Garden City CC, the charms of WESTERN Kansas, and the regional draw of the Parrot Cove Indoor Water Park. Plus, there is a WalMart Super Center. Did you hear me, SUPER Center.

Advertisement
You can't blame Enos for everything that was worry about Jarren.
I used one play as an example of how brain dead Williams could be at times. I absolutely hated the Enos hire, as I saw him as a coach with a downward trajectory. However, having a QB that doesn't have enough sense to throw a Hail Mary sure doesn't help. Bad QBs are coach killers. Borderline to bad coaches just suffer the most.

Last season was the perfect **** storm. First time head coach, OC that wasn't very good, and a QB room full of incapable QBs. Here's hoping all those problems are now solved.

I think you are overlooking the fine academics at Garden City CC, the charms of WESTERN Kansas, and the regional draw of the Parrot Cove Indoor Water Park. Plus, there is a WalMart Super Center. Did you hear me, SUPER Center.
Western Kansas is one of the worst places I have ever worked. I think he'll LOVE it there.

Advertisement
Dan Enos ruined this kids career with that vanilla *** offense. What are the chances he runs into two **** play-callers at the college level?
Suitcase's problem wasn't his one average first year as a freshmans starter. Perry's still here, and he played for Penos.

Hope springs eternal among our fanbase... How many times have we thought we had "the guy," only for them to flame out? Remember the moment we were all sure Jacory was the real deal? Or Kaaya? Or even Kosi, for a split second?

All QBs with talent, btw. Problem is, we haven't had a coaching staff with all-around talent in decades.

Advertisement
Sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom to learn valuable lessons....Or appreciate what you had

I doubt that expose in the Herald back in January helped his reputation very much...

I don't remember if I saw that...do you have a link? If not can you summarize?

I would think Enos doesn’t have a single good thing to say about Jarren. I’m sure Enos blames him for costing him a 7 figure OC job and now coaching G5 running backs. I’m also sure any coach who looked at Jarren called Enos, so, here we are.

That said, I’m sure Jarren doesn’t have much good to say about Enos either. Not a good situation.
How us that jarrens fault they choose the guy to be the starting QB and they chose him so its squarely on him

Gives him extra reps and film for potential suitors to evaluate next year.

But if he bombs in JuCo....oof

Advertisement
How us that jarrens fault they choose the guy to be the starting QB and they chose him so its squarely on him
This is your response to a statement saying Jarren and Enos don’t like each other? Ok....

Don't you think he'd get a waiver pretty easily anyway with this Covid crisis?

Exactly.

Seems like a lot of hoops to dive through when the NCAA has been pretty "generous" with waivers for transfers.

In Williams' case, hard not to think it's grades-related, based on how he handled the 2019 season.

Not a stretch to believe that a guy who got drunk, missed curfew and lost to FIU (when allegedly hungover) might've partied his year away and is behind grades-wise right now.

Hope springs eternal among our fanbase... How many times have we thought we had "the guy," only for them to flame out? Remember the moment we were all sure Jacory was the real deal? Or Kaaya? Or even Kosi, for a split second?

All QBs with talent, btw. Problem is, we haven't had a coaching staff with all-around talent in decades.

JH to TB at Doak still gives me a chub

Advertisement
Exactly.

Seems like a lot of hoops to dive through when the NCAA has been pretty "generous" with waivers for transfers.

In Williams' case, hard not to think it's grades-related, based on how he handled the 2019 season.

Not a stretch to believe that a guy who got drunk, missed curfew and lost to FIU (when allegedly hungover) might've partied his year away and is behind grades-wise right now.

My opinion he did not get any quality P5 offers despite the fact he has P5 talent, which shows he had some intangible issues. You look at other top QB's who transfer, I don't recall many, if any going the JUCO route.

My guess is he likely could have gone to a G5 but why? The chance of him going to FAMU and getting recognized for his talent (even if he clears up the other stuff) is slim. This way he can go to JUCO for a season, play immediately, and if he plays well and cleans up the off the field stuff, maybe he gets a quality P5 offer where he can finish his career and have the best chance of making it to the NFL.

No doubt. In no way am i passing judgment because that would 100% hypocritical. I'm just explaining how i think he still qualifies for JUCO.
I know... I'm just teasing.... I'm actually happy for Jarren... Least he's still trying rather than giving up.... Hopefully he gets things together and gives himself a solid chance at a good life beyond football..

I know... I'm just teasing.... I'm actually happy for Jarren... Least he's still trying rather than giving up.... Hopefully he gets things together and gives himself a solid chance at a good life beyond football..
So true. The story of redemption is a great one.

Advertisement
Back