Jarren Williams

Advertisement
That's odd.
Not really.

If he goes JUCO for a semester he'll be immediately eligible to play the following Spring, so instead of having to sit out a year, sometimes transfers will go JUCO or to a FCS school & then re-enter their name into the portal.

It's the easiest way to transfer & be able to play right away without getting a waiver.

Advertisement
Not really.

If he goes JUCO for a semester he'll be immediately eligible to play the following Spring, so instead of having to sit out a year, sometimes transfers will go JUCO or to a FCS school & then re-enter their name into the portal.

It's the easiest way to transfer & be able to play right away without getting a waiver.
Makes sense.

Even though we were 0-2 at the time, if you had told me after the UNC game this would be Jarren's fate 9 months later I would have told you you're crazy.

What a massive fall from grace for a kid I still think is super talented. Hope he can get his head right and salvage his remaining eligibility.

Not really.

Don't you think he'd get a waiver pretty easily anyway with this Covid crisis?

Advertisement
Not really.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why is being eligible for spring matter if football is in fall?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but why is being eligible for spring matter if football is in fall?
Meaning he'd be able to play the Fall of the same year he transferred & the following Spring would be allowed to enroll at his next school during Spring.

If he just transferred regularly he might have to sit out the whole season instead of being able to play even if it's lower level football.

Advertisement
Even though we were 0-2 at the time, if you had told me after the UNC game this would be Jarren's fate 9 months later I would have told you you're crazy.

What a massive fall from grace for a kid I still think is super talented. Hope he can get his head right and salvage his remaining eligibility.
For real. He didnt throw a pick against florida or unc if my memory serves me right. Then the wheels fell off

Advertisement
**** didn't think he would go JUCO. But hopefully he can get his image back together after the hit it took with 2019.

Don't you think he'd get a waiver pretty easily anyway with this Covid crisis?
In order for a waiver to matter you have to have a P5 offer. Doesn’t look like he had one. He originally tried Western Kentucky and when that didn’t work out he went JC.

P5 coaches with 6 and 7 figure jobs on the line aren’t real interested in qb’s with the off field issues Jarren apparently had at Miami. They are saying, if this guy got the Miami job as a freshman and had this happen, why am I putting my job on the line for him?

He’s going to have to show he can put a season together at JC. I hope he can do it. I don’t wish ill on young kids who struggle to figure it out. However, this result was predictable based on what happened last year.

Advertisement
Back