Jarren Williams

Advertisement
Good stuff. I am not a fan of short QB's but this young man is very accurate and has very good ball placement based on reports.

Go Canes

Short? The kid is 6'2"-6'3" depending on the publication. That's hardly short.

He is listed anywhere from 6ft to 6'3". A lot of these high school measurements are inflated half the time.

hbjJWj

The Clemson QB looked at least 6" taller than him at the Opening...

You think so... I respectfully disagree.

View attachment 53674

Jarren Williams measured in at 6'2" at The Opening and Trevor Lawrence was in at 6'6". The difference in the photo looks like about 4 inches to me, but what do I know...

EDIT: Emory Jones was measured at about the same height (6'2.5") as Williams. That seems about right.

And that is all neck.

We've been "warm" with Williams for a week or so now, ever since Sitkowski decommitted. But I think we'll be either hot or cold by then end of the weekend.

Steve Wiltfong said yesterday on Bill King show that he thinks Miami has legit shot with him. Said he doubts he ends up at Kentucky unless he is dead set on playing right away. This OV is huge and he will be taking it with a bunch of our commits they he played with in Oregon back at the Opening.

Advertisement
most of this is public info now, but Ivins posted a good article on 247...

---------------------------

Kentucky Top247 quarterback commit Jarren Williams is in South Florida.

InsideTheU has learned that the U.S. Army All-American arrived in Coral Gables late Thursday night for his first official visit of the recruiting process.

Miami couldn't have picked a better weekend to host one of its top targets on the board.

Williams and his parents are expected to spend a majority of Friday watching Mark Richt and the No. 7 ranked Hurricanes prepare for Notre Dame. They are also set to get a tour of campus which will host ESPN's College GameDay on Saturday.

While Miami might appear to be a bit behind the eight ball with Williams, at least one source connected to the recruitment thinks that the Hurricanes have a legitimate shot at flipping the gunslinger from Kentucky and for two primary reasons.

The first being the fact that Williams, who is set to enroll early at the school of his choice in January, grew up watching Richt develop quarterbacks at Georgia. The second has to do with his ties to Miami's Storm 18 recruiting class after he played on the same 7-on-7 team as Brevin Jordan, Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard this past July at The Opening.

Williams isn't expected to make any type of final decision about his future anytime soon especially with trips to Ohio State and Auburn also on deck. The Hurricanes however will spend the next 48 hours trying to convince both him and his family that he's a fit at UM and someone that can make plays in Richt's offense.

most of this is public info now, but Ivins posted a good article on 247...

---------------------------

Kentucky Top247 quarterback commit Jarren Williams is in South Florida.

InsideTheU has learned that the U.S. Army All-American arrived in Coral Gables late Thursday night for his first official visit of the recruiting process.

Miami couldn't have picked a better weekend to host one of its top targets on the board.

Williams and his parents are expected to spend a majority of Friday watching Mark Richt and the No. 7 ranked Hurricanes prepare for Notre Dame. They are also set to get a tour of campus which will host ESPN's College GameDay on Saturday.

While Miami might appear to be a bit behind the eight ball with Williams, at least one source connected to the recruitment thinks that the Hurricanes have a legitimate shot at flipping the gunslinger from Kentucky and for two primary reasons.

The first being the fact that Williams, who is set to enroll early at the school of his choice in January, grew up watching Richt develop quarterbacks at Georgia. The second has to do with his ties to Miami's Storm 18 recruiting class after he played on the same 7-on-7 team as Brevin Jordan, Mark Pope and Lorenzo Lingard this past July at The Opening.

Williams isn't expected to make any type of final decision about his future anytime soon especially with trips to Ohio State and Auburn also on deck. The Hurricanes however will spend the next 48 hours trying to convince both him and his family that he's a fit at UM and someone that can make plays in Richt's offense.

Here's what I like.

He is coming down to the Gables when the weather is perfect, GameDay is on campus, and Notre Dame is in town.

He will go to Columbus when it is cold. Guaranteed.

He will go to Auburn when it is (probably) cold and they are about to get rolled by the Tide.

I'm saying there's a chance!

Advertisement
Something about this kid's delivery looks weird to me - any QB guru's out there that can explain what I'm seeing and why it doesn't matter? It looks like he is talented and I like the tape...obviously with big time programs after him we're not the only ones who think he can play - but are my eyes deceiving me here?

Advertisement
Long time lurker, but as a student decided to register to set the record straight. The Metrorail brings in alot of rifraf actually and they advise students not to go by it late at night because there's been 1 or 2 stabbings this year including one during orientation (which didn't sit well with alot of parents as you can guess). In addition I can tell you that there are MANY bars and liqour stores very close to campus that all the students go to, common guys this is miami there's a reason we make fun of ND players for being waspy nerds, and yes the bouncers know who the athletes are. The football players mostly have their own parties at the captains houses (mostly to be safe from stuff getting to the media) but they get their fill trust me. The post VT party was insane. The core campus itself though is extremely safe, and I've never heard of anyone being scared or worried on campus even when walking around at 2-4am.

Long time lurker, but as a student decided to register to set the record straight. The Metrorail brings in alot of rifraf actually and they advise students not to go by it late at night because there's been 1 or 2 stabbings this year including one during orientation (which didn't sit well with alot of parents as you can guess). In addition I can tell you that there are MANY bars and liqour stores very close to campus that all the students go to, common guys this is miami there's a reason we make fun of ND players for being waspy nerds, and yes the bouncers know who the athletes are. The football players mostly have their own parties at the captains houses (mostly to be safe from stuff getting to the media) but they get their fill trust me. The post VT party was insane. The core campus itself though is extremely safe, and I've never heard of anyone being scared or worried on campus even when walking around at 2-4am.

What the fvck are you talking about?

Advertisement

Yeah, there are always a few spots to find, but it is nowhere near the atmosphere of college towns. For instance, that bar in Tallahassee where Jameis picked up the girl he raped is VERY CENTRAL, it's basically on campus and a block from the law school.

I'm just pointing out that the area has gone even more upscale than it was previously. For instance, in that area across Red Road where they built apartments, there used to be a rough shopping center area where they had a bar called Club Manhattans, it was "all-ages", but it wasn't just UM people. They used to have a LOT of problems at that place, it got temporarily shut down a couple of times after brawls and/or shootings.

Trust me, the bars in the South Miami area are a lot nicer than they used to be. ****, they tore down Fox's Lounge too.

Glad to see that Miami's Beast (pizza) is making a comeback over by AllCanes. It was a Little Caesar's franchise when I started at UM (they did NOT do the whole "pizza pizza" thing, they had their own recipes).

Would be fun if D'Pizza of UM made a comeback too, but I'd bet that won't happen.

Last edited:

I'm guessing you didn't go to UM.

Titanic is the only actual bar near campus. Sure there are a few in South Miami but UM students don't really go there.

The Grove is the closest place where UM students go for the bar scene.

I agree that UM has a pretty big house party scene, but so does pretty much every other school he'd be recruited by

Please leave.

Advertisement
Back