Jarren Williams

Advertisement
Jarren Williams will be a Cane. Small concern, legit or not, from family just about environment to get in trouble off campus.

Where are you hearing this?

I live 25 minutes from his school. That’s all the detail I will give. I was at his high school game last Friday. All are big Richt fans. The Richt Visit was considered a huge game changer. His HS is very close to Athens so everyone knows and is familiar with Richt. Doesn’t hurt that we were on national tv with a dual threat qb running. Richt is known more in GA as liking pro qbs. They jumped on doing an OV. This is his first OV. He hasn’t even taken one for UK. Main reason interested in UK was early playing time (has been publicly reported)...but of course you never know. Couldn’t be a better weekend for them to visit with game day there and the campus cranking.
Hey, I don't think it was an OV, but wasn't Williams at Kentucky this past week?

SIAP - I think Williams has OV's to Auburn and O$U on consecutive weekends after us.

F0EA7EEC-1438-40D5-B378-916F6D12F405.jpg

Advertisement
Last edited:
Advertisement

Good stuff. I am not a fan of short QB's but this young man is very accurate and has very good ball placement based on reports.

Go Canes

Short? The kid is 6'2"-6'3" depending on the publication. That's hardly short.

He is listed anywhere from 6ft to 6'3". A lot of these high school measurements are inflated half the time.

hbjJWj

The Clemson QB looked at least 6" taller than him at the Opening...

Good stuff. I am not a fan of short QB's but this young man is very accurate and has very good ball placement based on reports.

Go Canes

He is listed anywhere from 6ft to 6'3". A lot of these high school measurements are inflated half the time.

hbjJWj

You think so... I respectfully disagree.

82152_h.jpg

Jarren Williams measured in at 6'2" at The Opening and Trevor Lawrence was in at 6'6". The difference in the photo looks like about 4 inches to me, but what do I know...

EDIT: Emory Jones was measured at about the same height (6'2.5") as Williams. That seems about right.

Last edited:

Go Canes

hbjJWj

He is about 6'7....

Go Canes

hbjJWj

View attachment 53674

Jarren Williams measured in at 6'2" at The Opening and Trevor Lawrence was in at 6'6". The difference in the photo looks like about 4 inches to me, but what do I know...

EDIT: Emory Jones was measured at about the same height (6'2.5") as Williams. That seems about right.

True

Advertisement

Go Canes

hbjJWj

View attachment 53674

That’s what happens when you have a head like Sloth from The Goonies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbjJWj

View attachment 53674

That’s what happens when you have a head like Sloth from The Goonies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, seriously. He's two inches taller at the shoulder, plus another two inches of head space. Clemson will need to special order his helmet.

Advertisement
Kentucky friend is concerned , he think he’s leaning this way

If what we’re reading in this thread is accurate, they should be.

I don’t think anybody picks UK when they have Miami, Ohio State, and Auburn as the other options ... UNLESS being a starter from Day 1 is your #1 criteria.

Jarren Williams will be a Cane. Small concern, legit or not, from family just about environment to get in trouble off campus.

Very simple to address, particularly with an on-campus visit.

Coral Gables is the first planned community in the US. All of the streets were laid out in the 1920s, and the University was planned all along (though construction money did not come in until later).

The campus is surrounded on 3 sides by residential Coral Gables, and on the 4th side by Ponce de Leon/MetroRail/US 1, with some commercial development along US 1, then more residential.

What that means is that you have to drive several miles to get into any "bad areas" so-to-speak. The immediate surrounding area, and a radius of several miles, is largely high-dollar residential and commercial. There's not really a "club and bar district" for miles. Yes, there are a few spots where you could go to acquire alcohol, but not very risky/rough for several-mile radius around campus.

That does not mean that a kid can never find some trouble. Sure, but it requires a bit of effort, it's not like a college campus where people may live within a few blocks of the bars or a few blocks of a rough part of town.

I'm trying to use some polite language, but living on campus at UM is (for both good and bad) like living in a bubble in a lot of ways. It is possible to go throughout most of your days and weeks without having to leave campus for much, or without having to drive for much. Security is greatly improved from when I went to school in the 1980s and 1990s.

Should be able to address all of the family's concerns.

Coral Gables is the first planned community in the US. All of the streets were laid out in the 1920s, and the University was planned all along (though construction money did not come in until later).

The campus is surrounded on 3 sides by residential Coral Gables, and on the 4th side by Ponce de Leon/MetroRail/US 1, with some commercial development along US 1, then more residential.

What that means is that you have to drive several miles to get into any "bad areas" so-to-speak. The immediate surrounding area, and a radius of several miles, is largely high-dollar residential and commercial. There's not really a "club and bar district" for miles. Yes, there are a few spots where you could go to acquire alcohol, but not very risky/rough for several-mile radius around campus.

That does not mean that a kid can never find some trouble. Sure, but it requires a bit of effort, it's not like a college campus where people may live within a few blocks of the bars or a few blocks of a rough part of town.

I'm trying to use some polite language, but living on campus at UM is (for both good and bad) like living in a bubble in a lot of ways. It is possible to go throughout most of your days and weeks without having to leave campus for much, or without having to drive for much. Security is greatly improved from when I went to school in the 1980s and 1990s.

Even outside of the bubble there are still fairly nice areas and it's not too bad. I lived in an apartment a mile or two outside of the "bubble" called Valencia that had occasional crackheads walking around at night, but had a luxury european autoshop open across the street during the day. Aston Martins, Ferraris, etc were in the open all day. Strange neighborhood, but not actually dangerous.

And yeah the closest bars are in Sunset, but hardly anyone ever goes out there for some reason.

Last edited:

Even outside of the bubble there are still fairly nice areas and it's not too bad. I lived in an apartment a mile or two outside of the "bubble" called Valencia that had occasional crackheads walking around at night, but had a luxury european autoshop open across the street during the day. Aston Martins, Ferraris, etc were in the open all day. Strange neighborhood, but not actually dangerous.

And yeah the closest bars are in Sunset, but hardly anyone ever goes out there for some reason.

If you are talking about that place in South Miami, yes, that area of South Miami used to have some housing projects as well, but over time, the gentrification of the area has led to teardowns and redevelopment of much of that.

Advertisement
Back