Jarren Williams update

Advertisement
Awesome stuff. Excited to see what Jarren can do

But can we not compare him to Deshaun Watson? He is not the dynamic runner that Watson is
Can’t even compare their size? What the ****...

And just so you know out of the qbs we have had hes more similar to him in terms of play style actually and makes plenty of plays similar to him. Not to mention Williams didn’t play too far from Gainesville Georgia where Watson played at so I’m sure he probably has molded his game after him. Watson ran a 4.66 in the combine and Williams has run a 4.75 and will only get even faster in college. Regardless he has shown the capability to be a runner having close to 600 yards rushing as a senior and over 10 rushing touchdowns. Let me be clear I’m not saying he’s as talented as him but in this film he does remind me quite a bit of Watson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have to say, that kid is physically ready to play. If he gets it right between the ears, the job could be his. When I watched his film I saw a guy that knew what he was doing. He went through progressions quickly, and fired the ball out quickly. Also made good decisions on when to run. High football IQ with the physical skills to do pretty much anything he wants to do.

Ivins or David Lake did a recap today on TOS of some of the early enrollees, etc. It was said that the coaches are really high on Williams for his work ethic, etc. He has really taken on the play book and worked outside of Miami with a QB coach on the weekends. He had a rough start apparently with the mat drills but rebounded and really made progress. Even Rosier said that he catches on to things after being told once or maybe twice. Pretty smart. He seems very motivated to put himself in a position to challenge for the job.

Advertisement
Ivins or David Lake did a recap today on TOS of some of the early enrollees, etc. It was said that the coaches are really high on Williams for his work ethic, etc. He has really taken on the play book and worked outside of Miami with a QB coach on the weekends. He had a rough start apparently with the mat drills but rebounded and really made progress. Even Rosier said that he catches on to things after being told once or maybe twice. Pretty smart. He seems very motivated to put himself in a position to challenge for the job.
Hope Perry is closer to 200 pounds now

Advertisement
Just not a good comparison as to QB type IMO. He's got running ability, but he's not near the dynamic runner of Watson.

Just seems like it's building him up just to bash him later when he's not Lamar Jackson running the ball.

Advertisement
What was going with Perry when he got on campus? All of these guys are blowing up putting on 15+ pounds in a few months and perry has been there for almost a year and only put on 15 pounds. I understand he probably has a fast metabolism, but he needs to step the **** up in the kitchen.

Him being anything over 215lbs is great for this season imo. Ideally he's gunna want to play at a weight around 225lbs, but he's only a Frosh, so he's gotta a lot of time.

I'm much more concerened about Nkosi Perry getting up to 200lbs for this season. Dudes ******* skinny.

Jacorry played for years at like a buck twelve.

Advertisement
Back