Jarren Williams best QB on Roster

Some of y’all are retarded bashing on the freshman qbs ... no we aren’t “crowning” any of them as the best ever but they’re better than rosier which is what we want anything marginally better than rosier

Advertisement
He is the most talented. And I wouldnt be surprised if he starts next season. He is redshirting this one though. Rosier will stay the starter and Perry will play a decent amount all season to prepare for next season. Also there is alot in the playbook Perry cant do that Rosier can and vice versa . You noticed how the play calling was very different for each QB.

Tua played quite a bit in Alabama’s blowout wins. He wasn’t fresh off the bus against UGA. He played great in the NC game after Saban rolled the dice. Saban felt we was going to lose with Hurt. Might as well gamble. It worked.

Bryant was not a true freshman at Clemson. Lawrence is a true freshman, and while not starting he’s playing, to Dabo’s credit. Lawrence was also the #1 QB out of high school, after a phenom career. He’s better than Jarren at this moment.

Fromm did not start until Eason was hurt. He played well, true, but UGA was a really good team without him. He’s really good too.

All four of these QBs play one of the Top 4 teams in the country.

Advertisement
Williams first pass a dime to Ezzard ,second pass was a strike to Pope but he fell making his cut which could of gone for a score,and the last one was a bomb in the end zone where the ball ,defender,and receiver where all arriving together for a incomplete pass.
His other series he led the team to two scores on the ground where he scored one.

Advertisement
Williams first pass a dime to Ezzard ,second pass was a strike to Pope but he fell making his cut which could of gone for a score,and the last one was a bomb in the end zone where the ball ,defender,and receiver where all arriving together for a incomplete pass.
His other series he led the team to two scores on the ground where he scored one.

Jarren wasn't with the 1s either.

He should be the starter but doesn't fully grasp the playbook, and if he starts this year you lose Rosier, Perry, and possibly Weldon next season to graduation and transfer. More than Perry i'd like to see Weldon get significant minutes moving forward. He has a compact motion and was the most accurate by many accounts. Let him get significant minutes over the next couple weeks to see what we have.

I feel like it's hard to make a call of the few plays he had against a team like this, but to me, he seems most confident in the pocket. Not that Perry doesn't look confident, but it looks more natural with Jarren. Again might've just been because of the score and/or the opponent, but I hope this kid can be the truth

Advertisement
Because they have legit QB coaches who develop their young talent
No because they have legit O-lines and ground games that don't require inexperienced quarterbacks to carry the team with his arm.

Attempts per game:
Fromm - 19.4
Tua - 17.5
Bryant - 26.9

Rosier - 31.9

Why isn’t Jarren ready? UGA, Bama, and Clemson have all started true frosh in the last 9 months.

Remember that kid James Blackmon that got absolutely destroyed behind FSU’s line and looked like he wanted to quit every game. Yea, I think Rick is trying to avoid that from happening to Jarren.

Remember that kid James Blackmon that got absolutely destroyed behind FSU’s line and looked like he wanted to quit every game. Yea, I think Rick is trying to avoid that from happening to Jarren.

Right on the money. Throw the kid into the fire too early and you can kill his confidence if it doesn't go well. No doubt in my mind JW will be a stud but there's more to all of it than just arm talent.

Advertisement
The way our o-line is playing right now does it really matter if it's Malik or N'kosi or Cade or Williams back there with no running game scrambling for their lives in perpetual 3rd and 8's?

Every day we delay this move we are running the program sub-optimally. Perry is OK but not making right decisions and accuracy is not always there. Weldon in a game manager and a nice athlete. Rosier is what he has always been and that is not a starting QB for a top 25 team. Williams is our future and this year is not going anywhere of consequence with Rosier at the helm. How ineffective is Rosier to get a team started and in a groove? How many times do we have to see the same show where he can't get the offense in gear. Managing the game with short passes is just wasting the outstanding receiving talent we have all over the field.

I am most afraid that every UGA fan that I know is going to be right about Richt, I like the guy as a persona and a wish he would be successful but it would appear he is following the same path here as at UGA. I sat at the game yesterday and admitted to myself that I would feel better right now if Butch had been the choice, as bad as a game manager as he was back in the day, we would be moving ahead this season rather than taking a step backwards, which we are doing by leaving Rosier as the de facto starter.

One comparison I would make with Richt now and Butch in his time here of head scratching moves; Richt starting Rosier over Williams could make me almost forget Butch's choice of Dyral McMillan starting over Edgerrin James. This team is loaded but young, and is only missing a QB.
+1 for the mention of Dyral McMillan on the '96 team.

he threw 3 passes. I like JW but literally we are basing everything off one throw to ezzard. I was at the game. I Thought Perry was slightly better than rosier vs the same competition and the sidelines/fans were as loud as a rock concert for everything he did. IMO Perry has the highest Upside of them all, Williams is going to be the best QB down the road but he's not ready
Rosier isn’t ready either, if we want to play that game. What we want is a QB that can get the job done, and one QB has proven he can not do that. So, is he even ready?

Advertisement
Back