Jarren Williams best QB on Roster

Canenable

Recruit
Every day we delay this move we are running the program sub-optimally. Perry is OK but not making right decisions and accuracy is not always there. Weldon in a game manager and a nice athlete. Rosier is what he has always been and that is not a starting QB for a top 25 team. Williams is our future and this year is not going anywhere of consequence with Rosier at the helm. How ineffective is Rosier to get a team started and in a groove? How many times do we have to see the same show where he can't get the offense in gear. Managing the game with short passes is just wasting the outstanding receiving talent we have all over the field.

I am most afraid that every UGA fan that I know is going to be right about Richt, I like the guy as a persona and a wish he would be successful but it would appear he is following the same path here as at UGA. I sat at the game yesterday and admitted to myself that I would feel better right now if Butch had been the choice, as bad as a game manager as he was back in the day, we would be moving ahead this season rather than taking a step backwards, which we are doing by leaving Rosier as the de facto starter.

One comparison I would make with Richt now and Butch in his time here of head scratching moves; Richt starting Rosier over Williams could make me almost forget Butch's choice of Dyral McMillan starting over Edgerrin James. This team is loaded but young, and is only missing a QB.

Advertisement
He’s the most talented on the roster and N’Kosi is next after that

Talent yes

I really just don’t think he’s ready yet

If we roll w Perry AND Cade, mix it up, we run off 11-12 wins.

Let there be an open competition in March.

Nope, Malik is the best for now, then Perry / Weldon, then Williams.

Advertisement
He threw a dozen passes against Savannah State, a team so bad they haven't scored a TD in like 5 games. He has a high ceiling, or so we're told, but how people can make any definitive statements about any of the 3 is beyond me.

He threw a dozen passes against Savannah State, a team so bad they haven't scored a TD in like 5 games. He has a high ceiling, or so we're told, but how people can make any definitive statements about any of the 3 is beyond me.

Exactly ... you can't.

What’s concerning here is if Williams is truly the best quarterback on the roster, he will beat out Perry and Weldon next year, resulting in both of them possibly transferring. And since we aren’t recruiting any quarterbacks, he might be our only scholarship quarterback on the roster...

Advertisement
Have to recruit 1!

Williams' arm and ball placement were looking really good for the couple of passes he made. He did make a mistake on the RPO of keeping the ball. I think we would do fine with any of the three freshmen. All four QBs have made mental mistakes, Williams is the only one to not throw one into an opponents hands.

Last edited:

he threw 3 passes. I like JW but literally we are basing everything off one throw to ezzard. I was at the game. I Thought Perry was slightly better than rosier vs the same competition and the sidelines/fans were as loud as a rock concert for everything he did. IMO Perry has the highest Upside of them all, Williams is going to be the best QB down the road but he's not ready

Advertisement
Every day we delay this move we are running the program sub-optimally. Perry is OK but not making right decisions and accuracy is not always there. Weldon in a game manager and a nice athlete. Rosier is what he has always been and that is not a starting QB for a top 25 team. Williams is our future and this year is not going anywhere of consequence with Rosier at the helm. How ineffective is Rosier to get a team started and in a groove? How many times do we have to see the same show where he can't get the offense in gear. Managing the game with short passes is just wasting the outstanding receiving talent we have all over the field.

I am most afraid that every UGA fan that I know is going to be right about Richt, I like the guy as a persona and a wish he would be successful but it would appear he is following the same path here as at UGA. I sat at the game yesterday and admitted to myself that I would feel better right now if Butch had been the choice, as bad as a game manager as he was back in the day, we would be moving ahead this season rather than taking a step backwards, which we are doing by leaving Rosier as the de facto starter.

One comparison I would make with Richt now and Butch in his time here of head scratching moves; Richt starting Rosier over Williams could make me almost forget Butch's choice of Dyral McMillan starting over Edgerrin James. This team is loaded but young, and is only missing a QB.

You don’t even know if butch would have been able to win 10 games with this weak roster last year. The community doesn’t love butch they way to love Richt. We still wouldn’t have an IPF w/ butch.

People would be mad at butch cause his first priority of business is establishing a strong o-line and a strong d-line, and he will be a run heavy team during games whether its good or bad until the team he coaches becomes that, so the first few years he might not have even wasted his time calling to many passing plays, but going into year 3, you'd start seeing better results with the o-line and d-line. Coach richt has a similar philosophy with the qb's in that their first 2yrs are for learning. This team is not far off, and lingard has blazing speed, as well as pope, we got a bunch of guys that can fly, alot of the future starters were the ones making plays on special teams. The epitome of that was jade blowing up that player causing him to block the punt, than to watch him hustle after that to get that block was damyum near even better, lol, he's fun to watch. Between him and Blades, we wont have to worry about leadership.

Bama runs the ball a ton and Georgia had a stable so that took the pressure off Fromm

And both of their backup QBs get 1st team reps on a consistent basis. It makes a difference. I get that jarren had to learn at least some of the playbook and the system in the spring but at this point he should be able to take even limited snaps with 1st team while he continues to learn.

Advertisement
Why isn’t Jarren ready? UGA, Bama, and Clemson have all started true frosh in the last 9 months.

Bama started a true fresh in the second half of the title game. Meaning he sat out the whole season and had bowl practices. I’m pretty sure UGA was forced by injury and Kely bryant was not a true freshman last year

You're totally right! He's a freshman and talented, he's obviously the bestest ever!

WHY CAN'T RICHT SEE THAT THIS KID IS THE MOST BESTEST, IT'S LIKE HE DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE GAME!!!

JARREN THREW 3 PASSES AND COMPLETE 1 OF THEMHESGOTTOSTARTRIGHTNOWSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Back