Jarren, Cam, Deejay, Brevin, and KJ

Y’all are clearly emotional as ****, lots of positives tonight. Just came up short.

QB was above 75% completion for over 300 yds with no interceptions (with multiple drops)

We possessed the ball for almost 40 minutes on offense.

Defense bounced back after a bad start.

Obviously there’s a lot we can criticize on defense and special teams but all of you who are criticizing play calling and Dan Enos are out of your minds. That’s what a good offense is supposed to look like, we just left too many points out there with our kicking game, 4th down attempt and dropped 2 point conversion

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jarren needs to continue to work on his deep ball but he can make all of the throws especially in the intermediate ones.
Tough to work on your deep ball when none of your receivers can get open down the field. The intermediate stuff was there all game. KJ is a solid possession type.Brevin is terrific. Mallory and Hightower should walk around campus all week with a football tucked under their arms. The deep ball to JT was underthrown but it hit him right in the banz, gotta catch that. He had like 7 catches for 50 yards. Did Pope even play? Martell.... Bueller? No playmakers that stretch the field have emerged yet on this team, on the flip side, in two games straight, opposing wideouts have been running by our DBs like they’re standing still (and in some cases they are). It’s frightening.

absolutely I rewatched the game. That ball hit him in the chest and he had his hands around it. He dropped it. It was a dime pass...
Thank you!

But there was a defender near him so some of our fans think that’s a reason not to make the catch I guess.

Pretty much the only positives from tonight. Jarren is a legit QB who did not turn it over and who looked much better this week than in his first game against UF. He played well enough for us to get the win and you can see he's going to be a good one.

The coaching, the defense, the OL, Mallory, and Baxa really let us down. I don't have the stats to support this, but I surmise any team that misses two FGs and has an XP blocked win the game about 3% of the time. To fall down 17-3 early shows the coaches did not have us prepared. And 4th & 17 speaks for itself. This team needs a spark and a win tonight would have been pretty big. Would have...
And if our programs continues to do what we’ve done for the past almost 2 decades they will disappoint us on more than one occasions this year.

Advertisement
Dan Enos is not doing it for me. He seems to be really trying to fit our athletes into his system and doing things that at times are hurting us. Both of our coordinators are costing us right now. We have to upgrade both of them if we hope to win for real.

Enos’s System, to be really good, will take more time than we have patience. The scheme he uses doesn’t fit our talent on the Oline or receiver.

I don’t understand why Enos wastes downs trying to run into a defense that is run blitzing gaps. The number of tackles for loss against us is ridiculous and is placing Williams in 2nd and long or third and Long much to often.

Second issue,

This under center bull**** vs a all out blitz??? I can see doing it once and getting stoned. But this guy acts like he didn’t see us get stoned because he runs the same **** on next 3rd and long! Why?
Jarren takes two steps on a drop and a LB is inside his face mask! 🤷🏾‍♂️

Just so no one is confused, we almost had 500 yards of offense. Our QB and OC should not be a part of the blame game,

Coaching, ST(s) & Defense cost us another game.

absolutely I rewatched the game. That ball hit him in the chest and he had his hands around it. He dropped it. It was a dime pass...
Thank you!

But there was a defender near him so some of our fans think that’s a reason not to make the catch I guess.
925E89AB-13F9-4ED0-AF9F-9CDC91C6FC4A.gif

Maybe if the DB didn’t hook his left arm

[QUOTE="Mklein13, post: 4174697, member: 137
Lol you ******* dumb**** his left arm was held. Blind *** mother****ers on here.

It wasn't being held. He dropped. Now put the alcohol down and head to sleep, okay little guy?
[/QUOTE]
Look at the clip @plantcity3 posted you ignorant ****

Advertisement
It wasn't being held. He dropped. Now put the alcohol down and head to sleep, okay little guy?
[/QUOTE]
I’m convinced 95% of this board doesn’t know what they should be and are looking at when watching games. They just follow the ball and don’t realize that their are 1000 little things that goes into each play that determines if that play is successful or not. The see point a (snap) and point b (end of the play) and make quick conclusions off the end results of the play.

With that said, this squad doesn’t do a lot of the “little things” correctly and that carries over to getting burned on a double move, opening your hips to early on 4th and 17, shooting the wrong gaps and losing contain, etc....

[/QUOTE]

I looked at it. That's not being held. That happens on every play. If JT can't catch that & you want to let him off the hook for it, then so be it. Glad to see you're up and drinking again.

I’m convinced 95% of this board doesn’t know what they should be and are looking at when watching games. They just follow the ball and don’t realize that their are 1000 little things that goes into each play that determines if that play is successful or not. The see point a (snap) and point b (end of the play) and make quick conclusions off the end results of the play.
[/QUOTE]
They think every ball should be caught. Well there’s other factors that come into play. Then I call people out for being ******* idiots and people can’t admit they are wrong.

I looked at it. That's not being held. That happens on every play. If JT can't catch that & you want to let him off the hook for it, then so be it. Glad to see you're up and drinking again.
[/QUOTE]
Holy **** you must be blind. Did you not see the defenders arm hook and hold him? That happens every play ok? So it makes it that much tougher for guys to make those catches.

Advertisement

[/QUOTE]
Clearly his arm is being held

[/QUOTE]
Was the ball not underthrown too Brock?

[/QUOTE]

Keep grasping for the Jeff Thomas excuse tour. best of luck to you.

Advertisement
There was a hook on the arm but Jeudy, Ross, Higgins, shoot even Osborn fight that off and make that catch in my opinion

This 100%. Slight hook that most talented WRs simply play through and make the catch when the ball is placed on your numbers.

Advertisement
Back