Jaquaze Sorrells

It took a tweet from Bogle to get us to offer. Very concerning comment was Kool said he hadn’t offered him because “he thought I was going to Florida”

bro, please tell me that's not what he said....if that's true...just WOW. we gotta talk about kool and his lack of recruiting. that's just lazy

That’s what he said in the article. That explains why we suck *** recruiting on DL. Also could explain some other recruiting woes if this is some full staff philosophy not to offer if they think he’s going somewhere else

or

it's just something he said to the kid so as to not come off as disrespecting him by not offering sooner. instead of a "i didnt think you were good enough yet", throw him something like what he did about the kid being a lock to UF. and then at the same time, you give the kid a chance to respond with something negative towards his own standing with the gators, which works to subconsciously push him further away from UF.

chess, not checkers. you boys need to peer below the surface once in awhile, instead of just always looking for your next opportunity to whine

Strong stuff.

Advertisement

It took a tweet from Bogle to get us to offer. Very concerning comment was Kool said he hadn’t offered him because “he thought I was going to Florida”

bro, please tell me that's not what he said....if that's true...just WOW. we gotta talk about kool and his lack of recruiting. that's just lazy

Kool's an outstanding developer of talent. But he's striking me as a Randy Shannon-type of recruiter - recruit minimal talent that schools like Clemson, Ohio St., etc... won't go after so you don't have to commit time on the trail.

People don't realize, that's the way we recruited under Jimmy Johnson. There is so much revisionist history, people thinking JJ only brought in four and five star talent. I remember a conversation I had in about '87, I think, with a senior official in the athletic department. He explained to me that UM recruited players that nobody else wanted. He mentioned in particular Jerome Brown (actually recruited by Schnellenberger) who, despite being a Parade All-American, was a kid that a lot of coaches didn't like because of his behavior. So many of our very good players through the late '80's and early '90's were identified by the coaches but were never on the recruiting lists.

It was not because of laziness or not willing to put out the effort to recruit (as you suggest), it was simply the fact that the national big-name recruits were just put on lists and identified by the big schools because the big schools did not know south Florida. We knew the terrain and we identified the talent that was not nationally recognized byt was just as good, if not better.

Randy recruited the way Howard and especially Jimmy Johnson recruited. I think the talent in the rest of the country has gotten better, though. That's a complex story though. I think the rest of the country is catching up in terms of finding and emphasizing speed. The rest of the country has taken a lesson from the Florida schools.

Kool's an outstanding developer of talent. But he's striking me as a Randy Shannon-type of recruiter - recruit minimal talent that schools like Clemson, Ohio St., etc... won't go after so you don't have to commit time on the trail.

People don't realize, that's the way we recruited under Jimmy Johnson. There is so much revisionist history, people thinking JJ only brought in four and five star talent. I remember a conversation I had in about '87, I think, with a senior official in the athletic department. He explained to me that UM recruited players that nobody else wanted. He mentioned in particular Jerome Brown (actually recruited by Schnellenberger) who, despite being a Parade All-American, was a kid that a lot of coaches didn't like because of his behavior. So many of our very good players through the late '80's and early '90's were identified by the coaches but were never on the recruiting lists.

It was not because of laziness or not willing to put out the effort to recruit (as you suggest), it was simply the fact that the national big-name recruits were just put on lists and identified by the big schools because the big schools did not know south Florida. We knew the terrain and we identified the talent that was not nationally recognized byt was just as good, if not better.

Randy recruited the way Howard and especially Jimmy Johnson recruited. I think the talent in the rest of the country has gotten better, though. That's a complex story though. I think the rest of the country is catching up in terms of finding and emphasizing speed. The rest of the country has taken a lesson from the Florida schools.

That was 30 years ago...

This all adds up, but the part about identifying 'under the radar' types in south florida has been used by top programs for at least the last decade, maybe more. Aside from missing on the big time talents, it seems this is where we have REALLY struggles. I cant remember a list of names but i know for a fact there have been 3 star kids from the 305 that people on this board were begging for miami to offer, only to see them go elsewhere and ball out. Cant say for sure but i think devonta freeman was one and the lb from USCe (skai moore?). Def been others. no excuse for a 3 star kid who wants to go to miami AND CAN BALL to go elsewhere because our staff chooses to pass on them for height reasons or a perceived lack of speed.

Side note but its what's driven me nuts as a dolphins fan over the years. i cant begin to comprehend how, across different front office leadership, the dolp;hins have ALWAYS missed out on good talent from miami. the biggest misses in recent memory would have to be passing on denzel (they have had a need at MLB since zach thomas left) and passing on brandon linder. im still shocked they took lamar and OV, but other than those the dolphins have failed miserably.

Nope...Shannon recruited lazily and couldn't "identify talent" if it ran up and smacked him.

Awful, awful recruiter and should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Johnson and Schellenberger

Advertisement
It's becoming abundantly clear that Coach Kool is a lazy recruiter.

yup. and he did the same thing with DJ Johnson who actually reached out to us instead of the other way around. Nesta was also offered relatively late.

MORE KOOL B!TCHAZZNESS I SEE HE RECRUITING SCARED BRUH YOU NYGGAS IN HERE LIKE....OHHHH IF HE CAN'T RECRUIT LET'S GET HIM SOME HELP???? WHAT THE ENTIRE ****!!!!!!!! IF THIS WAS MIKE RUMPH Y'ALL BE ON SOME OTHER **** KOOL IS NOW ON MY **** LIST BECAUSE HE SEEMS TO THINK HIS RESUME IS GONNA RECRUIT FOR HIM THOSE KIDS HAVEN'T SEEN YOU DO THAT **** IN FLORIDA THEY DON'T GIVE 0 ***** ABOUT WHAT YOU DID IN MISSOURI.

IF HE WAS SABAN OR SOMEONE OF THAT ILK THEY WOULD BUT HE'S NOT POPPING LIKE THAT BRUH HE NEEDS TO GET OFF HIS LAZY FAT *** AND RECRUIT KIDS.

WHAT KINDA BETA *** **** IS " UHHH I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO FLORIDA" WEAK SAUCE BRUH WEAK SAUCE. GOOD THING BOGLE WAS WATCHING WE WOULD'VE MISSED AN OPPORTUNITY.

Last edited:
MORE KOOL B!TCHAZZNESS I SEE HE RECRUITING SCARED BRUH YOU NYGGAS IN HERE LIKE....OHHHH IF HE CAN'T RECRUIT LET'S GET HIM SOME HELP???? WHAT THE ENTIRE ****!!!!!!!! IF THIS WAS MIKE RUMPH Y'ALL BE ON SOME OTHER **** KOOL IS NOW ON MY **** LIST BECAUSE HE SEEMS TO THINK HIS RESUME IS GONNA RECRUIT FOR HIM THOSE KIDS HAVEN'T SEEN YOU DO THAT **** IN FLORIDA THEY DON'T GIVE 0 ****S ABOUT WHAT YOU DID IN MISSOURI.

IF HE WAS SABAN OR SOMEONE OF THAT ILK THEY WOULD BUT HE'S NOT POPPING LIKE THAT BRUH HE NEEDS TO GET OFF HIS LAZY FAT *** AND RECRUIT KIDS.

WHAT KINDA BETA *** **** IS " UHHH I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO FLORIDA" WEAK SAUCE BRUH WEAK SAUCE. GOOD THING BOGLE WAS WATCHING WE WOULD'VE MISSED AN OPPORTUNITY.

Preach

Advertisement
Kirby Smart dropped by Largo High today to see Sorrells. Lots of smoke and conversation, looks like Georgia is heavy in the mix.

Advertisement
Back