Jaquan Johnson's 2013 highlights

Advertisement
People dont understand dudes usually start from the bottom and rise to the top, dude has been a top player in dade since he was in 9th grade, kind of a big deal

Let's take this further.... He was a big deal at Richmond Giants optimist... Fr and Soph 1 st team all Dade... Beast mode..

My concern is that players like Juquan, that like to attack, will be weary of coming here because of the style of defense we play. All those plays he was making in his highlight videos is exactly the opposite of what he would be doing here.

The level of ****ery in this post is high.

Not really tbh. Coach D hasn't been aggressive at all while here, he plays it way too safe. To say a defensive player won't or couldn't be turned off by it is off base. I'm going be captain obvious but if Miami wants to keep landing the top defensive recruits then the defense is going have to show it can be aggressive and improved.

Advertisement
Staff writers: Think if we have a Junior Day and give him the full court press this spring we could get him in the fold early? Everything I've reD, the kid seems like he has a good head on his shoulder. Everyone says he is the lynchpin of the class...wouldn't it be hard for him to get everyone else on his same page if he is waiting until signing day?

If it's a UM/UF battle, i'm confident we win. UF has nothing going for them and has a ****** for a head coach.

FSU battles have gone down to the wire almost every year and it's annoying as ****.
Hate to be that guy but UF has three DB's going in the first three rounds of next year's draft, perhaps two in the first, and one of the best CB as a freshman in VH3.

People dont understand dudes usually start from the bottom and rise to the top, dude has been a top player in dade since he was in 9th grade, kind of a big deal

Let's take this further.... He was a big deal at Richmond Giants optimist... Fr and Soph 1 st team all Dade... Beast mode..

My concern is that players like Juquan, that like to attack, will be weary of coming here because of the style of defense we play. All those plays he was making in his highlight videos is exactly the opposite of what he would be doing here.

The level of ****ery in this post is high.

Not really tbh. Coach D hasn't been aggressive at all while here, he plays it way too safe. To say a defensive player won't or couldn't be turned off by it is off base. I'm going be captain obvious but if Miami wants to keep landing the top defensive recruits then the defense is going have to show it can be aggressive and improved.

Bush, when healthy, was a Wrecking Ball. Jenkins had 3 or 4 picks this year and is still learning the position. Howard had 4 picks and his arrow is pointing up. Our talented DBs make plays just fine, Highsmith and Rogers were just terrible and so THEY didn't make plays.

If it's a UM/UF battle, i'm confident we win. UF has nothing going for them and has a ****** for a head coach.

FSU battles have gone down to the wire almost every year and it's annoying as ****.
Hate to be that guy but UF has three DB's going in the first three rounds of next year's draft, perhaps two in the first, and one of the best CB as a freshman in VH3.

They lost to Georgia Southern. They have nothing going for them outside of the obvious right now

Advertisement
Purest football player I done seen in a minute. Down the street. And he a leader too!?

MUST GET

Agreed. This kid and Tim Irvin need to be the straws that stir this 2015 class. They are both studs and 5* generals in there circles.

Agreed. This kid and Tim Irvin need to be the straws that stir this 2015 class. They are both studs and 5* generals in there circles.

I agree completely, but IMO I bet both end up with only 4 stars mainly b/c of measurables, and I could care less.

Jaquan Johnson and Tim Irvin are IMO 2 of our most important recruits and they both want to play together.

We really need to go ahead and offer (RB/DB)Jordan Conkrite ASAP to ensure that we land (S)Jaquan Johnson, (APB/S/CB/WR/KR/PR)Tim Irvin, (TE)Devonaire Clarington and (CB)Tyrek Cole b/c they have all stated that they want to play together and Conkrite is a very solid ATH and def worth an offer to make sure we bring in the players listed above.

- Westminster trio(Irvin, Conkrite, and Clarington) said they all want to play together and said they would love to play with Jaquan Johnson.

- Tyrek Cole has said that he would love to be in the same defensive backfield as Jaquan Johnson.

If we could lock up Jaquan and the Westminster trio early(must offer Conkrite) it would be absolutely HUGE for the way the rest of the class comes together.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Staff writers: Think if we have a Junior Day and give him the full court press this spring we could get him in the fold early? Everything I've reD, the kid seems like he has a good head on his shoulder. Everyone says he is the lynchpin of the class...wouldn't it be hard for him to get everyone else on his same page if he is waiting until signing day?

Not sure. I would think he's more likely to decide to in the summer from what I've heard. Miami and UF are out in front like everyone has mentioned. Getting him to commit at Jr. Day would be huge

Last edited by a moderator:
First play he out jumps 6'3 Tyre Brady for the interception.

Not surprised he did this D$$.. Good eye bra..!! Rep..
i posted this video a while back ,... He was entering his Soph year and exploding like this.. Oh my..
[video=youtube;ZNU8gRnF9cg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNU8gRnF9cg[/video]

I agree completely, but IMO I bet both end up with only 4 stars mainly b/c of measurables, and I could care less.

Jaquan Johnson and Tim Irvin are IMO 2 of our most important recruits and they both want to play together.

We really need to go ahead and offer (RB/DB)Jordan Conkrite ASAP to ensure that we land (S)Jaquan Johnson, (APB/S/CB/WR/KR/PR)Tim Irvin, (TE)Devonaire Clarington and (CB)Tyrek Cole b/c they have all stated that they want to play together and Conkrite is a very solid ATH and def worth an offer to make sure we bring in the players listed above.

- Westminster trio(Irvin, Conkrite, and Clarington) said they all want to play together and said they would love to play with Jaquan Johnson.

- Tyrek Cole has said that he would love to be in the same defensive backfield as Jaquan Johnson.

If we could lock up Jaquan and the Westminster trio early(must offer Conkrite) it would be absolutely HUGE for the way the rest of the class comes together.

Irvind and Johnson were in the same team in Optimist football. Its not even fair,, its like going fishing with dynamites... !!

Advertisement

Purifoy's stock has completely fallen because he's hasn't developed at all at UF, Roberson's stock is up in the air because of injuries and other issues this year, and their safeties weren't very good this year. VH3 is a stud, and Roberson could bounce back if he comes back next year, but that entire group completely underachieved this year. Jaylen Watkins might sneak into the 2nd day but that's iffy at this point.

We don't have our safeties attack because they aren't able to do it.

Bush did it when he was healthy as a freshman, but think who have been our safeties the past number of years.
We've had athletes like Telemaque and Ray Ray, who always flew to the wrong place.
Rodgers and Highsmith who were in the right place but weren't athletic enough to make the plays.
Jenkins does both decently, but also has to stay deep for 6-10 seconds while our DT's play hand jive with single blocks and our de's bull rush double teams.

We get talent in our 2 deep and our defense will look like The Seattle Seahawks and San Fran 49ers who run the same scheme.

Can't play a defense predicated on football IQ and athleticism when only 5-6 of your starters have the right stuff.

So this is the "Duke Johnson" of 2015 if you will? The leader who all the kids will follow?

Any chance he doesn't let this drag out to his NSD? Getting him on board would be huge for the class.

Advertisement
Back