Jaquan Johnson (Switch to CB?)

J. Johnson can play corner in this Defense because he is strong and the CB's will be in man press a lot which is one of the reasons why Rumph was hired because he played man press extremely well while at the U

Do not be surprised if Ryan Mayes ends up starting opposite Corn Elder who should make a jump into 1st rd elite status like J. Ramsey! Either way all the CB's on the roster are big and physical with the exception of Elder just like their CB coach was and with good coaching and DL pressure/disruption they should have results like he did

If this D was still being orchestrated as wefense I would have my doubts about JJ at corner because he would be asked to shadow the wr throughout the route.... this Defense asks CB to disrupt the route and look for the football because it should be coming out by the time the wr makes his first move/option

Advertisement
Diaz's defense requires a lot of thinking from his Safeties. Perfect for a cerebral player like JJ. Maybe not as great for Carter. I'm not so sure we don't need JJ as much at Safety as we would at CB. Plus, JJ's speed isn't suited for CB.

Diaz's defense requires a lot of thinking from his Safeties. Perfect for a cerebral player like JJ. Maybe not as great for Carter. I'm not so sure we don't need JJ as much at Safety as we would at CB. Plus, JJ's speed isn't suited for CB.

So both Berrios and JJ are white?

Next Jason Sehorn.

As long as Redwine and Corn are healthy I think you keep JJ at safety. If one of them goes down you might not have much of a choice unless Jackson comes on strong in camp.

Well said. I was trying to point that out in those 1on1 videos. Pretty sure JJ is more of a 4.6 guy

Advertisement
**** that! Go watch this kids high school highlights... Sickest instincts i've seen for a safety in a decade.

I agree he has a higher ceiling at safety but we have 3 maybe 4 kids that can play corner, that's some tragic ****. We need bodies at the position. He can move back to primarily playing safety when we stock up in 2017.

NFL pays more for CB

I remember Brandon Merriweather playing playing a lot of corner in nickel package.

Advertisement
Back