Jaquan Johnson (Switch to CB?)

Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

No he will not he cannot play corner against superior athletes ... I'm laughing at 3 clips from an all star game... I remember when golden tried to move Dallas Crawford to corner... U move Jaquan to corner and that's exactly how U lose future recruits..... We will just have to ride with elder, red wine Jackson Henley and malek young and that ****** Ryan mayes

corn or redwine get hurt......we FUCT!

Advertisement
Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

No he will not he cannot play corner against superior athletes ... I'm laughing at 3 clips from an all star game... I remember when golden tried to move Dallas Crawford to corner... U move Jaquan to corner and that's exactly how U lose future recruits..... We will just have to ride with elder, red wine Jackson Henley and malek young and that ****ty Ryan mayes

He cannot play against Superior athletes? Did you NOT see his coverage on Deon Cain who was one of the top freshman WR's in the ACC this year?

Read the quotes...he was the best CB through most of the week...and thats him being singled out of a pool of people that actually played the position for 3-4 years good enough to be selected for the All-Star game.

Last edited:
Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

No he will not he cannot play corner against superior athletes ... I'm laughing at 3 clips from an all star game... I remember when golden tried to move Dallas Crawford to corner... U move Jaquan to corner and that's exactly how U lose future recruits..... We will just have to ride with elder, red wine Jackson Henley and malek young and that ****ty Ryan mayes

Yep and we just gonna have to ride with that....there is not one safety we have that can make a successful transition to corner

We gotta add someone that graduates in the spring or summer or a JUCO

Say what you want about Wiggins he was solid enough to play here

Last edited:
Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

Yep and we just gonna have to ride with that....there is not one safety we have that can make a successful transition to corner

Mike Rumph, who is currently the CB coach, told Johnson that he should play more CB...Likely meaning he would be a good one...I think I'll take Mike Rumph's evaluation over yours

Advertisement
Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

I agree you ddon't take an elite potential safety and try to mmake him a decent cb. Bite te bullet this year and absolutely load up next class

**** that! Go watch this kids high school highlights... Sickest instincts i've seen for a safety in a decade.

I agree he has a higher ceiling at safety but we have 3 maybe 4 kids that can play corner, that's some tragic ****. We need bodies at the position. He can move back to primarily playing safety when we stock up in 2017.

He will play both. Start at fs and in nickel situations he moves to nb and put jenkins at fs.

This^. I'm not advocating a complete position switch but if he proves to be our best option at nb when the situation calls for it then you do what you have to do to get your best players on the field. If your starting safety is better at covering wrs than the next man up at corner in nickel situations, and you have an adequate back up at safety, then you put your starting safety at nickel. I don't want a **** on the field covering an opposing wr just because his listed position is cb if there is a better option available.

Last edited:
Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

Mike Rumph, who is currently the CB coach, told Johnson that he should play more CB...Likely meaning he would be a good one...I think I'll take Mike Rumph's evaluation over yours

cause Mike is such a proven coach...

Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

I would too take his evaluation over mine.... but Yea IF he said that... you wann aknow why? becuase he wanna keep his 6 figure job...He whiffed at corner this year....Jaquan is not some superior athlete like sam shields that could make the transition to Corner.... Dude was an all american safety thats where he needs to play....You keep movin people like that we will lose future recroots... ...... He can be a great safety at best he would be an average corner...You wanna get the studs you cant do **** like that...Besides You act like we are deep at safety.... Who do we have after jenkins, carter and Johnson?? True freshman Romeo Finley??

Advertisement
Very versatile kid.

Will play both spots.

He doesn't have to be a full time corner. He can play in nickel packages.

I would too take his evaluation over mine.... but Yea IF he said that... you wann aknow why? becuase he wanna keep his 6 figure job...He whiffed at corner this year....Jaquan is not some superior athlete like sam shields that could make the transition to Corner.... Dude was an all american safety thats where he needs to play....You keep movin people like that we will lose future recroots... ...... He can be a great safety at best he would be an average corner...You wanna get the studs you cant do **** like that...Besides You act like we are deep at safety.... Who do we have after jenkins, carter and Johnson?? True freshman Romeo Finley??

He said that at the Army All American practice last year while being the CB coach there, not this year as a Miami coach...
You obviously skimmed through the original post and the comments with a set opinion. The quotes and their sources are in the OP.

Last edited:

He said that at the Army All American practice last year while being the CB coach there, not this year as a Miami coach

True..... but he is not athletic enough to play corner no where near...So pick your poison move him to corner and then you have RObert Knowles playing safety??

Last edited:
Advertisement

He said that at the Army All American practice last year while being the CB coach there, not this year as a Miami coach

True..... but he is not athletic enough to play safety no where near...So pick your poison move him to corner and then you have RObert Knowles playing safety??

Knowles, Wright, Finley at Safety to go with 2 SR's (Jenkins and Carter)
or
Terrance Henley(who played WR), Michael Jackson, Josh Johnson (walk on?), Ryan Mayes, Malek Young at CB to go with 1 SR in Elder?

Most safeties you have on the field at once is 2, maybe 3 if you are playing prevent which in that scenario doesn't matter.
On the other hand, you could end up playing with 3 CB's in the game at once for over 20 snaps.

The top 5 DB's on the team right now is Johnson, Corn, Carter, Jenkins, Redwine. If Johnson is at Safety in a 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 then we are not playing with our best players on the field because Carter/Jenkins can not play CB or NB as good as Johnson.

True..... but he is not athletic enough to play safety no where near...So pick your poison move him to corner and then you have RObert Knowles playing safety??

Knowles, Wright, Finley at Safety to go with 2 SR's (Jenkins and Carter)
or
Terrance Henley(who played WR), Michael Jackson, Josh Johnson (walk on?), Ryan Mayes, Malek Young at CB to go with 1 SR in Elder?

Most safeties you have on the field at once is 2, maybe 3 if you are playing prevent which in that scenario doesn't matter.
On the other hand, you could end up playing with 3 CB's in the game at once for over 20 snaps.

The top 5 DB's on the team right now is Johnson, Corn, Carter, Jenkins, Redwine. If Johnson is at Safety in a 3-3-5 or 4-2-5 then we are not playing with our best players on the field because Carter/Jenkins can not play CB or NB as good as Johnson.

KNowles is Horrible....Id rather have Grace playing the slot then Knowles on the field...I dont even want him on special teams

Advertisement
I'm not a fan of seeing premiere guys switch positions. This kid needs to be on the field though just not always at corner.

You move him around I would have him switching from SS to Nickel/Rover but still keep safety as his primary position.

You move him around I would have him switching from SS to Nickel/Rover but still keep safety as his primary position.

Don't like agreeing with ZoRne but he's right. FSU did this with both Joyner and Ramsey. Have him play nickel when we need it. I don't think anyone is advocating for him to be starting at CB over Corn or Redwine.

Don't like agreeing with ZoRne but he's right. FSU did this with both Joyner and Ramsey. Have him play nickel when we need it. I don't think anyone is advocating for him to be starting at CB over Corn or Redwine.

Joyner's stupid fast and explosive; Quan's not.

Safety is a tougher position to play regarding the mental aspect of the game (lining up the defense, angles, playing the alley, not getting high/low'd, etc...). Let's be real, Jamal Carter hasn't exactly been greatest with angles or ball skills. Same thing we're saying at corner, we can say at safety. If Jenkins or Carter go down, it's Quan and a bunch of freshman. Quan can definitely play NB, and corner against certain types of WRs, but **** no to putting him against a quality #1 WR.

I'd rather play Sam Bruce/Mullins who are my better athletes and football players for a few plays on defense, than to put in body's. A bunch of schools have done it with other players.

Advertisement
Back