Jaquan Johnson should move to cb for 2016

We need him to play the nickel corner position this year. He is one of the top players on our defense and needs to be on the field at all times.

He's one of the top players on our defense?

Based off of what?

Exactly!!!

We have never seen him play CB..He's not the fastest to start with..I dont know about this

Don't you guys realize that the guy who doesn't play is always better than the guys who play at UM, according to our fans? Jaquan Johnson might, indeed, be the best player at UM since Sean Taylor, but we have zero evidence of that at this point.

He's most likely is better than Mayes and Jackson at that spot. And last time I checked Jaquan Johnson is one of the only players ever to make the all dade team for 4 years.. On top of that he has a knack for getting the ball and is a leader on and off the field

Tracy Howard was a 5 * recruit.

Advertisement

Based off of what?

Exactly!!!

We have never seen him play CB..He's not the fastest to start with..I dont know about this

Don't you guys realize that the guy who doesn't play is always better than the guys who play at UM, according to our fans? Jaquan Johnson might, indeed, be the best player at UM since Sean Taylor, but we have zero evidence of that at this point.

He's most likely is better than Mayes and Jackson at that spot. And last time I checked Jaquan Johnson is one of the only players ever to make the all dade team for 4 years.. On top of that he has a knack for getting the ball and is a leader on and off the field

he's a 5* human being in my book

Exactly!!!

he's a 5* human being in my book

That's good to know. I've never met him, but I hope to meet him now.

Kid is a pure Safety. Problem is These set of coaches like bigger safeties. I think would be a mistake to go away from his obvious strengths. Better than other safeties we have in my opinion.

We need him to play the nickel corner position this year. He is one of the top players on our defense and needs to be on the field at all times.

Based off of what?

He's one of our best defensive players but can't beat out Jenkins or Carter. Makes sense.

JJ doesn't possess the speed to play CB at this level. They better get Jackson ready.

Advertisement

Based off of what?

He's one of our best defensive players but can't beat out Jenkins or Carter. Makes sense.

JJ doesn't possess the speed to play CB at this level. They better get Jackson ready.
At least not as a boundary corner, I don't care what Rumph says. If he was any good in the first place he would've played it at Miami Killian across from Redwine because they didn't have any D-1 level CB's on that roster in his tenure there

Based off of what?

At least not as a boundary corner, I don't care what Rumph says. If he was any good in the first place he would've played it at Miami Killian across from Redwine because they didn't have any D-1 level CB's on that roster in his tenure there
Rumph is gone with the wind if he thinks JJ can keep up with WRs at this level.

Based off of what?

I don't disagree with you but it really might come down to not having any better options.

Based off of what?

I don't disagree with you but it really might come down to not having any better options.

So we should move a safety permanently to CB for a year who might not be better than Mayes or Henley?? Look moving a guy isn't the answer either, leave him at his position and drop him in nickel if you need to. Don't move a guy to CB to get burned and absolutely destroyed out of need

Advertisement

Based off of what?

They gotta get Propophol ready. He's got enough skills. And they need to hurry Malek along when he gets here.

I know he has (from all accounts) the intellect and instincts but does he have the speed to stay with most WRs?

His instincts as a playmaker are key to his game. He finds the ball and makes a play. But, he is not fast. 4.7 40 when measured last year.

Putting him in as a nickel back covering the slot receiver would negate his strength and play to his weakness. IMO, a very bad idea.

He is quick laterally and in short areas which is good for a slot corner. Slot guys are usually short quick guys or possession type recievers so you dont need to be that fast.

Gunter and his 4.7 speed is good enough to play corner here but jaquan johnson is too slow?

Gunter and his 4.7 speed is good enough to play corner here but jaquan johnson is too slow?

Gunter was in a bail cover 3 zone most of the time...He had a head a start on most routes that would get you killed off of speed.

Advertisement
This is a no brainer given....I don't think the staff would hesitate Jaquan at CB if there is or becomes a situation where he's need at CB. If he can play the position better than someone currently at the position then I think we have a staff intelligent enough to use him CB.

Advertisement
How the **** at Miami do you have a CB depth issue? Crazy smh

Same way we almost have one at WR- at least by Richt's desirable measurables. Time for defensive coaches to earn their salaries schematically around here for the first time in effing forever. Bridge the gap until you can recover through recruiting and player development. That said, Rumpf has to realize he's probably on the shortest leash of anyone on Richt's staff. If the guy sent Kehoe packing then The Grim Richter will give zero fuçks about cutting a local guy/alum loose if the secondary is a ****show. Not that Diaz's seat wouldn't probably be on fire following that too.

Last edited:
A nickel where he can mix it up, blitz off the edge, step back in coverage like a rover and man up on a receiver.... But i still want safety his primary position bc hes a straihht beast. I like the idea of having 2 safeties and 1 rover on the field to get all 3 safeties on the field.

I don't know about having him on the outside as a true corner. Would rather have the transfer out of Texas try out at that position. But I'm more concerned with Diazs system when it comes to the secondary, over any depth issues.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back