Jaquan Johnson should move to cb for 2016

Gunter and his 4.7 speed is good enough to play corner here but jaquan johnson is too slow?

Gunter was in a bail cover 3 zone most of the time...He had a head a start on most routes that would get you killed off of speed.

agreed Gunter was a bail 3 corner. Not saying you cannot succeed like that either. and it seems Manny wants to have this zone blitzing scheme and that's why I believe Jaquan could excel playing nickel. You don't need to be as loose in the hips and have blazing speed to be effective.

Advertisement
You guys act like we're deep at Safety when you're talking about moving JJ to CB. We got nothing at S.

You guys act like we're deep at Safety when you're talking about moving JJ to CB. We got nothing at S.

This is the best point made in this thread. He needs to be working at safety. We don't have any proven studs back there either. Jenkins best year was his sophomore year and Carter hasn't blown up as expected either. Our DB situation as a whole is nothing to write home about. I'd love to see them all step up big and a pass rush should help with that, but I think Deon Bush is going to be missed. I hope I'm wrong.

Go Canes!

This is the best point made in this thread. He needs to be working at safety. We don't have any proven studs back there either. Jenkins best year was his sophomore year and Carter hasn't blown up as expected either. Our DB situation as a whole is nothing to write home about. I'd love to see them all step up big and a pass rush should help with that, but I think Deon Bush is going to be missed. I hope I'm wrong.

Go Canes!

He can stay at safety and play nickel corner. Since as of right now he is not starting at either safetyy position

Gunter and his 4.7 speed is good enough to play corner here but jaquan johnson is too slow?

Gunter was taller and longer...You ever seen Jaquan? He is 5'9 on a good day

Which will probably negatively impact him at safety as well.

I always find threads like this funny. The coaches who see him will figure it out. If you've already thought something, I'm sure they've beaten you to the punch.

Advertisement
Why are people so surprised about our CB depth right now? Why in the **** would you come play for Golden, D'onfrio and Paul Williams. I'm
Surprised we even have who we have right now. JJ needs to stay at Safety unless Corn and Redwine get hurt. We will find our 3rd corner between Malek, Jackson, Henley or Mayes. Def not great but please don't make this an excuse as to why we can't win. It could be worse.

Advertisement
Back