Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

Who… this “walk on” we just got from Bama? Unless he goes on a crime spree. He costs us nothing. “NIL” is covering his tuition… hopefully Jaelan Phillips can swing by and show him how to use this year wisely.
I just don’t want people counting this chicken before it hatches. And it won’t hatch until 12 months from now.

Advertisement
Cribby I too think he's better than most of the guys we went after,Malone,Mba,Rose and Cam Jackson.The one guy I would have taken over him is Justin Rogers but if we get Burroughs for 2 years then he may be a better take as it also helps for next season.
This is the guy I was talking about @DMoney and @Lance Roffers Justin Rogers. How does Burroughs compare to him?

Fro all the people who kept clamoring that we have too many choir boys and that we need some thugs again, is this better? Look, I hope this works out but something strikes me as odd/desperate that Mario would take a player who was kicked off Bama for hitting their S&C coach after a fight in a residential hall involving pellet guns to which the police were called. Sounds like much ado about nothing in terms of the pellet guns, but this guy still hit a coach.

Now I am not on either side of this but doesn’t it warrant discussion about his character, and whether we care about his character (I’m unsure how much I care). My sincere concern is whether he will remain in good graces if he has to sit out the season. That is hard enough for young men who are choir boys because it takes away so much of their identIt’s. It has to be twice as hard for someone going thru this situation. Too often this story ends with this young man never playing college football again and trying out for a pro job (or worse, ending up like Arik Gilbert).
I honestly don’t believe Mario would take this guy without a complete vetting. I wouldn’t be surprised if he talked to Saban himself.

We’ve all lost our tempers at times and hopefully this young fella just had a weak moment. Seems he’s got a year to prove he’s not a loose cannon.

Who's that?
The Alabama strength coach that Burroughs apparently had a physical confrontation with. That pic is from his NFL playing days, so I don't know exactly what he looks like now (I couldn't find a recent pic), but considering he is the assistant strength coach and only 34, I imagine he is still a big dude.

Advertisement
Whatever he did at Alabama...
morgan freeman idgaf GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Well I wouldn't put any faith in the incompetent NCAA to grant a Waiver right now. Theres guys all across the country that have transfered months ago that still haven't heard back whether they'll be eligible...
I don’t think he’s put any confidence in a waiver. I’m assuming he sits unless Bama agrees otherwise which I’m sure won’t happen.

Advertisement
Back