Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

Advertisement
waiver or sit
Hopefully Mario can sell Saban on Miami not being a threat until he’s ready to hang them up.

IOU. Might want to hang on that one. Good as $.
199A8930-F929-4873-8F36-87EE5CBB68EE.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Cam Mccormick is like on year 9, no way this guys eligibility should be up soon, covid got everyone playing til they get their doctorate

I'm cool with whatever and will defer to the coaches. I do however find it interesting that basically everyone is okay with this, but I know we'd be hammering a rival doing it. ****, if they would, why not us within reason of course.

Advertisement
Fro all the people who kept clamoring that we have too many choir boys and that we need some thugs again, is this better? Look, I hope this works out but something strikes me as odd/desperate that Mario would take a player who was kicked off Bama for hitting their S&C coach after a fight in a residential hall involving pellet guns to which the police were called. Sounds like much ado about nothing in terms of the pellet guns, but this guy still hit a coach.

Now I am not on either side of this but doesn’t it warrant discussion about his character, and whether we care about his character (I’m unsure how much I care). My sincere concern is whether he will remain in good graces if he has to sit out the season. That is hard enough for young men who are choir boys because it takes away so much of their identIt’s. It has to be twice as hard for someone going thru this situation. Too often this story ends with this young man never playing college football again and trying out for a pro job (or worse, ending up like Arik Gilbert).

Whether he play this season or next it’s a W
If he ever plays for us. And I don’t mean eligibility. I mean if he has to sit out does he have the discipline to make it without football? Will he go to class? Will he accept this as his last chance or does he go off the rails. This can be a precarious situation.

Advertisement
If he ever plays for us. And I don’t mean eligibility. I mean if he has to sit out does he have the discipline to make it without football? Will he go to class? Will he accept this as his last chance or does he go off the rails. This can be a precarious situation.
Who… this “walk on” we just got from Bama? Unless he goes on a crime spree. He costs us nothing. “NIL” is covering his tuition… hopefully Jaelan Phillips can swing by and show him how to use this year wisely.

Advertisement
Back