Jamil Burroughs (former Alabama DT) enrolled and practicing with team. Update: not eligible for 2023 per cribby

Advertisement
Kinda-sorta. If you look at the timing, it was mid-summer semester (same as Graves). Some of your financial aid is for housing, food, etc.

So...you could say "we are going to suspend you"...and the player could say "Portal, dude", and then still be enrolled in classes, while school could say "we're cutting you off", and then it all sets up for a "winnable" appeal.

Such as what happened with Chris Graves.
I guess normally a student physically assaults an employee of the school that would get him kicked out… him getting kicked out of school, “not just off the team” would have made him immediately eligible at his next school?

I guess normally a student physically assaults an employee of the school that would get him kicked out… him getting kicked out of school, “not just off the team” would have made him immediately eligible at his next school?

Here's what I don't understand. Some people are saying "a dismissal" will make you immediately eligible, and I'm not so sure that's true. The rules have NORMALLY been "if you do dirt, you pay the price". The loophole that Chris Graves sailed through is that he was in GOOD STANDING at Miami (had not committed a crime or flunked out) and we pulled his scholarship.

Again, I would point out that the Alabama websites reported that he was facing SUSPENSION, not expulsion.

We shall see. Gonna be interesting and might take a couple of weeks (assuming Mario and UM haven't begun a stealth waiver application already).

Advertisement
Isn't the effect the same? Just a way to save face. Kind of like allowing someone on staff to find another job though we really know the deal.

The form of the transaction matters. Even on something as simple as "SEC-to-SEC transfer". The SEC does not allow an SEC school to take a transfer from another school if he is in bad standing with the first school.

If the kid wants to get out of town ahead of the posse, he's entitled to do so.

Advertisement
1693437390385.png

1693437464726.png

1693437520957.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back