Jamie Gordinier

Heard rumblings about C. Perry making strides over the spring.

It's an uphill battle for Gordinier considering he's got no experience and is coming off a major injury.
Maybe, but he was slated to start last year before his injury. Regardless, whether it's him (at full) or Perry, we're in a ridiculously better position than we were last year at this time (even with Grace).

Exactly, he was supposed to start before he got hurt

I can see him making an impact as the 4th LB and possibly take over a starting spot if one of the youngin's starts to flounder (which I do not expect to happen)

Advertisement
Jamie Gordinier was suppose to start??? I must've missed that, but I doubt he wouldve made it half way through the season as the starter even if he was healthy last year though.... regardless it would be great for depth if he is really that good.

Jamie Gordinier was suppose to start??? I must've missed that, but I doubt he wouldve made it half way through the season as the starter even if he was healthy last year though.... regardless it would be great for depth if he is really that good.
He was running with the 1s in late Fall practice. When I watched, he seemed to get caught in the wash of OL and unable to disengage, but others who watched more said he also flashed good things. We were paper thin at that time, but there was at least some reason he was running ahead of other guys.

depth never hurts. Good dude.

Yeap. Gordinier, Owens and hopefully one of the new kids can provide quality depth. We need it. We were fortunate last year that the three Freshmen went injury free. Let's keep rolling those dice.
Don't forget Mike Smith.

If Gordinier returns from injury solidly, we have a nice 2-deep along the entire front 7. Guys should be flying to the ball because the guy behind him can play a bit and Diaz has no mercy. Also an obvious good thing for any injuries.

DE D-Jax
DT Gerald Willis
DT Anthony Moten
DE Trent Harris

OLB D. Owens
MLB Mike Smith
OLB Gordinier

Our second team front 7 could be a top 6 ACC starting unit.

Very solid second unit here..

Advertisement
If the 1st and 2nd unit on the front 7 can stay healthy, Miami could definitely be considered the best defense at the end of 2017..

Lacks the necessary muscle mass to be consistently good at the point of attack imo.

Get some triceps then we'll talk...

sfl-canes-linebacker-jamie-gordinier-out-for-season-20160904

Advertisement
Heard rumblings about C. Perry making strides over the spring.

It's an uphill battle for Gordinier considering he's got no experience and is coming off a major injury.

Perry reminds me of a young Darrin Smith.

Can you power rank the LB group?

1. Shaquille Quarterman
2. Michael Pinckney
3. Zach McCloud
4. Darrion Owens
5. Mike Smith
6. Charles Perry
7. Jamie Gordinier
8. Bradley Jennings Jr.
9. De'Andre Wilder
10. Waynmon Steed
11. Terry McCray

Last edited:
Lacks the necessary muscle mass to be consistently good at the point of attack imo.

Get some triceps then we'll talk...

sfl-canes-linebacker-jamie-gordinier-out-for-season-20160904

He looks concussed in that picture which makes my Dan Morgan comparison even more accurate. He does have a visually offensive physique though.

Advertisement
Nothing against him personally but if there's anyone on this team who I'm rooting against it's this kid.

And it's sad because he's probably a good dude but the fact of the matter is that he attended Al Golden's alma mater in Red Bank, NJ.

Nothing against him personally but if there's anyone on this team who I'm rooting against it's this kid.

I'm glad you prefaced your comment with "nothing against him personally" because I can see where someone might take you rooting against him the wrong way.

Advertisement

He's white, so you're right. No way he'd have finished the season as a starter.

And it's sad because he's probably a good dude but the fact of the matter is that he attended Al Golden's alma mater in Red Bank, NJ.

**** shame we ever recruited kids from New Jersey, like Njoku. Stupid Golden.

Heady LB. A Dan Morgan type.

Hope that's the case since we haven't really seen him play in this defense. Don't think he's nearly as fast as Dan Morgan was, but he's definitely a big boy

He's always been a bring your lunch pail to work kinda guy. A real coach on the field type.

Plus he's a real gym rat with a high football IQ

He gives 110% on every down, even in practice. What he lacks in athletic ability, he makes up for in effort, mental toughness, and preparation.

**** shame we ever recruited kids from New Jersey, like Njoku. Stupid Golden.

Those guys went to Red Bank High School?

Advertisement
Back