James Williams

Advertisement
I left the house after the last George TD but just watched replay….this was one of his best games at UM IMO. He killed buddy at the end, I wish he would stay another year with Guidry but I fully expect him to leave after this season even though he 1000% should stay and continue to excel in this system.

JW was a savage. Guidry D and safety coaching really sets him up for success…also can tell a huge difference in him relative to strength and conditioning. I think he’s found his niche. Happy for the young man.

I left the house after the last George TD but just watched replay….this was one of his best games at UM IMO. He killed buddy at the end, I wish he would stay another year with Guidry but I fully expect him to leave after this season even though he 1000% should stay and continue to excel in this system.
Kid has elite talent and has very fast closing speed

Kid has elite talent and has very fast closing speed

The closing speed and overall juice is what stands out the most but its not just him, it’s the entire defense. He still gets carried some but his aggression, urgency and overall tackling ability is noticeably improved IMO. I was ready to kick him out the door last season, but Guidry has him motivated and playing to his ability and I am here for it.

Advertisement
No one doubts the young man's talent, what most of us are sick of is his penchant for selfish, stupid penalties. Dude is a walking flag, because he lacks the discipline to let his game do the talking. That and constantly yapping, even when you didn't do anything is just stupid to begin with. A classic example of this would be in the first half, where Williams tackled a guy after he ran for 15 yards. Yes, it was a good hit, but here's an idea: DON'T TRASH TALK AFTER HE JUST RAN FOR 15.

I was just thinking about it. Imagine WRs and pass catchers watching him patrol the middle. He almost killed Evan Stewart wow. Guidry is using him how he should be used. The box safety in the 3 deep and manned up on RBs and TEs. He played really well even though i blew a gasket on the penalty he had early

Advertisement
No one doubts the young man's talent, what most of us are sick of is his penchant for selfish, stupid penalties. Dude is a walking flag, because he lacks the discipline to let his game do the talking. That and constantly yapping, even when you didn't do anything is just stupid to begin with. A classic example of this would be in the first half, where Williams tackled a guy after he ran for 15 yards. Yes, it was a good hit, but here's an idea: DON'T TRASH TALK AFTER HE JUST RAN FOR 15.
He also did the same thing in the endzone after an A&M just scored a god**** TD. I’m all for passion, but that dude stays on some Randall Hill celebrating after a 3 yard reception in the first quarter ****. He had some nice (flash) plays, especially in the second half, I’d like to see him consistently get better and improve from a technical standpoint. I’d really love to see him start to creat a turnover or two from time to time. The tangibles and overall talent is there, for sure. I just want to see more discipline and maturity.

Dude is out there playing with bad intentions, and I love to see it. He needs to be careful with the targeting stuff though because they love to call that now. I ain’t gonna lie, I thought that one hit he had was targeting, but I was thrilled, and surprised, when they reversed it.

By the way, what do y’all think James Williams run in the 40? Him and Porter who has to run at least 4.5 in the 40 were tied when they took off **** near. This is some elite closing speed

Objectively speaking, I don’t think he has long speed. Some Miami (Ohio) WR was pulling away from him in a long gain in game 1. I think his skills are better suited in the box as opposed to in coverage, which is why I think we saw Kinchens more as a deep safety and JW more in the box.

Advertisement
I could see him staying another year. With NIL.

But also, it's strange because he seems so immature on the field, but he seems extremely mature otherwise. He loves being a Cane..works hard and obviously is a positive influence in the locker room and on the team. Every time I watch him play I'm always wondering "why doesn't Mario bench him?" because of all his extracurricular on the field. Trash talking late hits pushing shoving. Every single play. Yet he never loses any playing time?

It seems like he must be such a great contributor every where else that the coaches just know they have to work through that part of his game.

Most of the stuff he does would be enough to get most kids benched by a disciplinarian like Mario.

You treat all kids fairly, not equally..and the coaches must understand James Williams pretty well.

Advertisement
If he would just shut the f*ck up and stop hitting people late
nah, let him get in other players' head.

1694441570840.png

Talk that sh J dub
Yeah. I didn’t care for it in the past because I don’t think he was exactly earning the ability to do it.

But he played like a man possessed. It was really early in the game but he put a bullseye on their running back, #4, and he went after him on every play. And then he told him about it on every play.

Advertisement
Back