James Williams will be a cane

Advertisement
That’s cool. We can go up top on his heavily recruited *** too. Let’s worry about our canes. We’ll still be more talented than any team UNC can field. Just need to perform
Thats more so stealing talent from Clemson those are the ones that should be worried about UNC

Advertisement
Mack is building a house of cards. Longo and Bateman will not be with him that much longer. I would be shocked if this kid stuck as well. The bags will be flying and they can’t compete with the big boys they’re going up against for this kid.
Mack will be fine as long as he has an NFL-caliber quarterback at the helm, which he did with Vince Young and Colt McCoy and may with Sam Howell. Once he doesn't...the expectation based on history is that he'll trend downward despite the recruiting, which is what happened from 2010 onward.

Advertisement
Mack is building a house of cards. Longo and Bateman will not be with him that much longer. I would be shocked if this kid stuck as well. The bags will be flying and they can’t compete with the big boys they’re going up against for this kid.
UNC has always been a sleeping giant. They have bags ready to go. If they get it rolling it’s going to be tough.

Advertisement
They already have bag infrastructure for their basketball team. So if they can get enough excitement for football, they have resources.

UNC has always been a sleeping giant. They have bags ready to go. If they get it rolling it’s going to be tough.

Not like you think. They don’t care about football and never will. They would rather spend $1mil on 3 starters that get them to the Final Four once instead of half a roster that wins them 2 ACC titles in football.

Advertisement
We're a sleeping giant. If we're where we need to be they're going to be more worried about us than the other way around. If we suck, who cares how good they are anyway.
We have one of the worst administrations in the power 5 along with arguably the most incompetent AD in the country. Is the talent level there in our area? Sure. But we have been on probation and involved in major scandals, our administration and AD play scared and they will for the forseeable future. Until that changes that isn't a fitting title. We don't have that good old boy network in Miami. It's going to be very difficult to ever pull off what we did with Luke and Nevin.

Not like you think. They don’t care about football and never will. They would rather spend $1mil on 3 starters that get them to the Final Four once instead of half a roster that wins them 2 ACC titles in football.
I can agree with this. Basketball will always be king. But basketball is down right now and football is on it's way up so maybe that changes.

UNC opens with UCF and Auburn to start the year. The momentum they have can be gone real quick. Or, if they go 2-0 the hype will be out of this world.

I doubt Mack is selling these guys on UNC being elite next season. An 0-2 start isnt going to impact him on the trail.
Our fan base puts wayyyyy too much stock in the idea of, “first you win, then you recruit.”

Advertisement
Back